2 new Castlevania games

?

I said that like 5 hours ago lol

Oops guess thats what I get for just skimming the posts. lol

It still could be Dracula because there was a time where he wasn't a Vampire and if you remember at the end of los it was in the future this could be why Dracula has a vendetta against the Belmonts because Gabreal turned him into Dracula.

Now if someone already said this I'mma go nuts.

just so you guys know it does show a small part of his face it's in his blade, at 2:46 to 48 It shows what looks like a black eye and sliver hair think of Dracula from Sotn how he had black clothing, pale white skin and sliver-ish white hair. it's only a small glimpse though. :)

He looks more like Alucard than dracula , especially with his sword and yellow-black armor. Also as bbblp said, he shouldn't have a reflection if he was dracula.

Also Gabriel isn't actually from the Belmont family, the knights of the order named him so because of his love of the mountains, and Belmont in some language actually means that. I don't think they established a relationship with Gabriel and the other Belmonts in LoS, I could be wrong though.

He looks more like Alucard than dracula , especially with his sword and yellow-black armor. Also as bbblp said, he shouldn't have a reflection if he was dracula.

This could be Draculas castlevania Origin story it could tell his rise to power like los1 showed Gabreals fall from grace. After reading some about this it must be Alucard.

It states here that Gabreal is in fact Dracula.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracula_(Castlevania)

It also say's his most common form of attacking is teleporting which was shown multiple times in the trailer. :) So Alucard is the only logical explanation at the moment.

This could be Draculas castlevania Origin story it could tell his rise to power like los1 showed Gabreals fall from grace. After reading some about this it must be Alucard.

It states here that Gabreal is in fact Dracula.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracula_(Castlevania)

It also say's his most common form of attacking is teleporting which was shown multiple times in the trailer. :) So Alucard is the only logical explanation at the moment.

It doesn't really say that Gabriel is Dracula in that link, it just says Gabriel turned into an undead creature who identifies himself as 'Dracul'.

Also I don't think that Gabriel actually 'fell from grace' which is indicative that is wanted to become a vampire. He had to absorb Laura's powers in LoS 1 and get turned into a vampire because only an immortal can enter The Forgotten one's chamber and confront him.

Wiki said:
"Dracula Vlad Tepes or simply known as Dracula (ドラキュラ Dorakyura?), whose real name is Mathias Cronqvist (Gabriel Belmont in the reboot, Lords of Shadow)

I ment him going from holy soldier and saving the world to killing his two loves and becoming a demon vampire.

I ment him going from holy soldier and saving the world to killing his two loves and becoming a demon vampire.

Thats just an assumption at this point of time though, since we can't really say if he is Dracula or Dracula's father Dracul, since there are evidences to both. Then again Gabriel's bio says he was abandoned as a child, most probably by the Cronqvist family. Only time will tell who he really is, I guess.

That's why I like speculating because if you have people that have a grasp on the topic subject then there is always good conversation.
I see what your saying though. I'm hyped up for 2013 Gow may have some worthy competition next year. :) can't wait

From the official Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 website.

http://www.konami-castlevania.com/#/story

Dracula
In Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, the origin of Dracula and his legendary connection with the Belmonts was revealed. In Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, fans can expect thrilling new twists and challenges. In this shocking conclusion to the Lords of Shadow saga, Dracula returns once again, weakened and yearning for release from his immortal bonds. Facing a new and powerful threat, the vampire lord must reacquire his old powers – and only his castle holds the key. However, the famed Belmont clan also seek his ultimate destruction.

So I was reightin saying this was going to tell why Dracula has a vendetta against the belmonts?

So I was reightin saying this was going to tell why Dracula has a vendetta against the belmonts?

Yea, pretty much.
I think there are 2 ways to look at it.

1. They are trying to interlink the original story to the LoS story so that there is only one universal story and not two versions.

2. They are continuing with the LoS story, taking it as a reboot and setting the various characters from the original story including ones from the Belmont clan into this. So the Alucard we may see here may not be entirely same as the one we new.

I would be satisfied with both, but I thik more appeal lies in the first one.

Sweet :) If they reboot castlevania entirely do you think they'll keep Gabriel as Dracula? or do you think they'll have a successor for him and making that ending in los canon? So does that mean the guy fighting Gabreil is Alucard or A New Belmont?

Oh sooooo many questions ;)

Actually many consider the first LoS as the reboot, since it is not connected with any of the previous castlevania games, it also clashes with storylines of the previous games alot. But Gabriel will be either Dracula or Dracul in LoS2 no doubt.

Also after seeing the trailer again a couple of times I can't stop to think how the person crucifed on top of Gabriel's castle looks very similar to Satan.

It does. Could Gabreil have taken the devils power? Sense Dracula is the embodment of evil and It shows Gabreil has gained what looks to be "God" like Power taking out an entire Army of soldiers and a tower monster thing. Then he turns into a smoke dragon like Zobek turning into a dragon when he was empowered by Satan.

That raises a lot more questions good job jinko.

Also Gabreil is trying to regain a lost power could that be his Holy powers, in the trailer it only shows him using his dark powers.

Here's another good Idea

The 3DS title "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate" contains the beginnings of the belmont clan, with Trevor Belmont, son of Gabriel.
As Speculations are going, Trevor might eventually become Alucard(and the white hair can be explained because in this timeline if vampire does not feed, his hair goes white) through the course of that game, as that game takes place in several centuries with 4 protagonists - Trevor, his descendant Simon and two unknown ones.

Last edited:
In LoS Gabriel gained some his powers from Cornell, the Werewolf lord, Carmila, the Vamipre Lord, after killing them and using the relics which contained an essence of their powers. I guess the more he used them, the more it got absorbed into him and the more he became like them. His main powers however comes from Laura, who turned him into a vampire and eventually died in the process and from The Forgotten One from whom he got the demon powers and evil at the same time.

I don't think he had absorbed any powers from Satan though, cause they don't show it. Perhaps in this game, if it is in fact Satan who is crucified, he may somehow escape and try to exact revenge on Gabriel and Zobek way into the future as shown in the LoS ending. Or perhaps the 'new dark power' mentioned in his bio is Satan himself? :p

Nice idea Ames, But if I remember right, Trevor Belmont is a human, atleast in the original timeline. He can't be a vampire since the Belmont clan is a family of vampire slayers. Perhaps he may be the son of Gabriel before he was turned into a vampire. Still, it does not say if his wife marie and bore a child. Perhaps they may reveal that the brotherhood hid the child from Gabriel or something in LoS2 due to some prophecy. Alucard could be the son Gabriel had with another wife, after he became a vampire.

All this is really ironic but interesting at the same time lol. Two lines of families started by one person who become born rivals for centuries to come.

It was a quote from youtube. This game is by far has one of the best storys ever and It just keeps getting deeper and deeper with each game. I bet if they made this a into book it would have surpassed it's source material.

Could it be that Gabriel wasn't abandon but taken by the Brotherhood because the lords of shadows knew his future and who he'd become? So they did the same to his son and this could explain why it has never been hinted at that The Belmonts could be related to Dracula before now. Assuming it hasn't been already I haven't played every castlevania game. :)

Last edited:
It was a quote from youtube. This game is by far has one of the best storys ever and It just keeps getting deeper and deeper with each game. I bet if they made this a into book it would have surpassed it's source material.
Yup Im sure, also since when was the last time we had a game just dedicated to the series' main villain, that too someone as iconic as Dracula? The first LoS did a fantastic job in grounding Gabriel as a character, someone who you get very emotionally attached to and then they go ahead and reveal that he becomes Dracula which becomes more depressing. Even with him being Dracula I still feel attached and mainly sorry for him since he was just a victim of his circumstances and became a neccesary evil to save the world. Even in this trailer he looks like he just wants to be left the hell alone and attacks only because there is an army outside his castle ready to burn it down. The guy just wants to find some sort of peace and respite somehow after all he has been through and all he did at the expense of his humanity and sanity. I hope Gabriel's version of Dracula is different from how Dracula was in the previous games.

Could it be that Gabriel wasn't abandon but taken by the Brotherhood because the lords of shadows knew his future and who he'd become? So they did the same to his son and this could explain why it has never been hinted at that The Belmonts could be related to Dracula before now. Assuming it hasn't been already I haven't played every castlevania game. :)

That is a really awesome idea. It would make perfect sense too.

Last edited:
I want him to be really dark and cause terror and death where ever he goes. If he shows any remorse it should be to his wife, if she plays a roll in why he's trying to regain God's favor again, She could be ashamed of what he has become. She may also tell him he has a son and that could be why he smirks at the end of the trailer.

Thats another interesting twist to character. For me I saw that smirk like Gabriel recognised the other guy and knew that things are about to get real.

Also the bio says he needs to reacquire his old powers? What old powers did he have? I don't think he can weild the combat cross anymore since its a holy weapon. Perhaps they are refering to some powers which he had after he became a vampire and withered away in his weakened state.