2 new Castlevania games

Lords of shadow 2 trailer at the VGAs shows him using a sword and scenes with him in the future different but in the same setting as the post credits scene from LoS 1 talking about not knowing how he got there with vague flashbacks to gameplay from LoS 2.

Last edited:
The trailer was quite good. So it looks like it will be set both in the present and the past. Also more tweets reveal we will be fighting more Belmonts in LOS2 (that golden armored angel like being in the trailer?). I also love how they maintained the hole in the church window, the one Dracul is residing in the present, a throwback to the showdown between him and Zobek in the LOS post credits scene and also possibly hinting at Zobek's involvement.

EDIT: another tweet revealing that everything shown in the trailer was in-game, no CG. Pretty impressive I must say.

Last edited:
Who is that guy in the Gold Armor?

Will it follow the same layout as LoS, by having it be a chapter by chapter storybook?

I liked that. It made me think it could have many different interpretations of this "Book." I'm hoping it will.

edit: found this screenshot
lordsofshadowsgabriel.jpg

Last edited:
He could be one of the Belmonts or a knight of the brotherhood or maybe an angelic contraption created by them to kill Dracul. Also it was confirmed that LOS2 won't be linear, it will be more free roam like with focus on more exploration and the story progresses on the go, somewhat like Darksiders II I think.

More screenshots

Wncsy.jpg

nIqcJ.jpg

Still can't believe this stuff is in game.

I got to thinking that maybe that sword he is seen wielding (and summoning from his arm/sleeve) might be what replaces the light magic from LoS. As for the modern setting featured at the end of LoS that appears again here, I hope we get to play in that space some, Slogra was seen in the original scene Zobek floated past him but might be boss fight for old times sake. Speaking of Zobek I'd wager he appears in both time settings of this game since he is death and we all know he has had a long history with hanging out with Dracula in other games.

He could be one of the Belmonts or a knight of the brotherhood or maybe an angelic contraption created by them to kill Dracul. Also it was confirmed that LOS2 won't be linear, it will be more free roam like with focus on more exploration and the story progresses on the go, somewhat like Darksiders II I think.

More screenshots

Wncsy.jpg

nIqcJ.jpg

Still can't believe this stuff is in game.

That's cool too. This game looks amazing

So is anyone getting Mirrors of Fate today/tommorrow? Since I won't be getting a 3DS anytime soon, I took the liberty of watching the character endings in YouTube, a lot of things were as we predicted but some were quite a surprise, it was quite well done in its entirety.

Almost forgot about LOS2 entirely. New gameplay info.

The basics of Lords of Shadow are left intact - fights are a mix of combos, countering, blocking and evasion, and your magic meters are refilled through combat. However, the trappings have changed to better suit returning hero Gabriel's new dark side.

Instead of magic, vanquished enemies now leave blood behind, and Gabriel can channel this into two pots. Light magic has been replaced by the Void, and Dark Magic is now Chaos. To further complement his new outlook on life, Gabriel has a number of new unique perks. He can transform into a mist (just like Gary Oldman's Dracula circa 1992), which is useful for combat and for passing through solid metal barriers. He can also "glamour mortals" to control his enemies, and "disappear into the night, unseen," which presumably means stealth sections.

As Gabriel, you earn more blood by filling the Focus gauge, which is rewarded through more stylish play. Varying your combos, blocking attacks using precise timing, and avoiding being hit all earn focus, and once the meter is full, every hit landed will yield blood.
Gabriel also has a new main weapon, the blood whip. Whilst the whip has incredible range, a touch of the left bumper will swap it out for the Void Sword, another new weapon that allows for lighter, faster attacks that boost your health whenever you land a hit. Alternatively, tapping the right bumper will gift you the Chaos Claws. These are slower but more powerful, and can be used to knock out the defences of shielded enemies.

Since the effects of Void and Chaos magic are more deeply tied into the melee mechanics themselves, it's even more important than ever to manage your magic levels. A new mastery system adds another level of intricacy by rewarding you for using more varied moves and combos. Using moves will level up the Void Sword, Chaos Claws or Blood Whip depending on their alignment, so it doesn't pay to stick to the same combos over and over.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 will also be the MercurySteam's last Castlevania game - there will be no loose ends left dangling by the game's final act. "We've told the story we want to tell," said the game's director Enric Alvarez, speaking to OXM. "There's nothing worse than someone who's said everything they need to say, then carries on talking."

This along with being able to control the camera and move/teleport around in the environment seamlessly are other features.

Some interesting tid bits from an interview with the producer.

With the expectation that sequels will be bigger, do you regret being so generous with Lords of Shadow?

Not at all. CLOS2 will be bigger than the first game. But not just in terms of size. The scale of its levels are more epic, its combat system is hugely expanded and adaptable to different playing styles, and its city is a more open experience that we want people to immerse themselves in. Everything about the game is bigger, but it has to be - we have a big story to tell.

Will you have mini-bosses who restore their health if you miss a QTE and long boss fights without mid-battle checkpoints? Or has success made you less evil?

We're more evil if anything! The whole QTE thing has been cut back, with the Titan fights now far more expansive and involve full control by the player as opposed to timed presses. We've gone for a far greater level of control during every part of the game now, but Gabriel can refuel as it were by draining those around him of their blood - the benefit of being a vampire! We feel the gameplay is more balanced than in the last game, and as a result makes for a more fluid and natural challenge.

How will the split between City and Castle work? Are the two completely separate?
The city is the main setting for the game, but we can't really go into too much detail at present. The city is a living entity, but there's a look and feel to it that harks back to the gothic realm of the past.

Screenshots from the Xbox magazine

image_34190.jpg

tumblr_inline_mmlff31hz61qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mmlffnWO961qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mmmrbjVUrO1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mmmraypNKY1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mmlfg6bPi21qz4rgp.jpg

Last edited:
Konami Pre E3 show, the LOS2 segment starts at 15:25 with the trailer beginning at 19:34.

Pretty awesome trailer overall, seeing a lot of old and new characters, loving the new gamplay tweaks as well, can't wait! Glad it is releasing this winter.

Last edited:
Looks like they fixed my biggest gripe with the first game. The lack of enemy creativity. It had it in the later levels, but for the most part your fought wolves, vampires and other stereotypical minions. I like the 2d game enemy design

225px-Cvds_03_walk_06_23.jpg

Definitely can't wait for this

I'm quite intrigued by some of the returning characters. The child at the castle resembles kid Trevor quite a bit and we also get to see Marie in a few instances but since both of them no longer exist as of now it seems like Gabriel is haunted by their ghosts or his mind messing him up. Or perhaps the toy maker made replicas of his wife and son for him so that he could live atleast a pseudo life with them, which is quite depressing.

The other lady we see, wearing the brotherhood outfit resembles pre- vampire/lord of shadow Carmilla. I wonder what role she has to play. Great to finally see Alucard in his entirety as well, he has got a neat design.