2 new Castlevania games

Thats Gabriel from LOS2, or maybe a member of the brotherhood but not Trevor nor Leon (since it was comfirmed neither would be returning in LOS2), I leaning more towards Gabriel. Also it doesn't really look like he is weilding anything, it's just his hands meeting the vertical tile lines on the ground.

EDIT: I was looking for some good combos for LOS and I came across this

What the hell? Gabriel puts both Kratos and Dante to shame combined! Never knew such insane juggles were possible, it just goes to show how refined the combat system of LOS is.

Last edited:
LoS is probably one of the best games of this generation and most definitely my favorite game of this gen. beautiful graphics, awesome narration, incredible locales. a true masterpiece. I hope the sequel does the original justice.

Thats Gabriel from LOS2, or maybe a member of the brotherhood but not Trevor nor Leon (since it was comfirmed neither would be returning in LOS2), I leaning more towards Gabriel. Also it doesn't really look like he is weilding anything, it's just his hands meeting the vertical tile lines on the ground.

I hope you're right, last thing I want is for this game to be likend to God of War, like the first one was.

And brotha no. He is very good, but he can't compare to Kratos. He is a hell of a lot faster then Kratos though and he's alot slower then DMC3 Dante. If anything Gabrial is a mix of the two.

Sadly almost every hack and slash game that releases these days get labelled as a GOW clone. If anything LOS borrows a lot from Lament of Innocence ( released long before GOW1 and Devil May Cry) and other 2D castlevania games than anything else.

From that video it's quite clear where the inspiration for the various bosses came from (including the Titan bosses which again got labelled as a shadow of the colossus rip off). LOS is like the reimagining of the classic castlevanias in a 3D environment which I feel has been executed perfectly. It's just the fan boys of other games that label it as a rip off when in fact it is the other way around.

From that video it's quite clear where the inspiration for the various bosses came from (including the Titan bosses which again got labelled as a shadow of the colossus rip off). LOS is like the reimagining of the classic castlevanias in a 3D environment which I feel has been executed perfectly. It's just the fan boys of other games that label it as a rip off when in fact it is the other way around.

I agree up to the end of the bold text. I don't quite understand what you mean.

Last edited:
I agree up to the end of the bold text. I don't quite understand what you mean.

What I basically meant was the 2D castlevanias and Lament of Innocence (the first 3D castlevania game for PS2) are the few games that actually inspired almost all hack and slash games we have today, including GOW and DMC. LOS is no different as well since it is a reimagining of old castlevania titles which were major sources of inspiration for GOW especially with the use of chained/extendable weapons, the concept of which first originated in the castlevania series.

New footage revealing Gabriel to be the final playable character in Mirrors of Fate.

From 1:24

He looks exactly like how he was in LoS and with the combat cross too, I guess it could be flashbacks linking the events of LoS to MoF.

Another gorgeous screenshot from LOS2

large.jpg

New story trailer for Mirrors of Fate. Official release date - March 5, 2013

We will be getting a trailer+gameplay for LOS2 tommorow.