2 new Castlevania games

its like he always knew where you were no matter if you followed the path or not. the nod to Castlevania 64 was cool though.

Just beat it.

This is one of the most disappointing games I have ever played in my life. The story that Lords of Shadow 1 created was phenomenal. The twists and turns were stellar and the insane ending just made it all the more entertaining. But LoS2 doesn't even deserve to be called it's sequel. God damnit I haven't faced a final boss that halfassed in years. When I got that trophy I honestly said out loud, "No. No there is no fu%king way that was it"

Spoiler:
Are you serious? Alucard? The final boss battle. Against the big bad Satan. Against the man Gabriel has had a vendetta against for over a thousand fukking years. And the final boss battle he pulls a Ginyu body swap? How many minutes did the writers take to come up with that? One of my largest complaints about Lords of Shadow was the lack of enemy creativity. And then LoS2 spits, shits, jizzes and pisses in my face with a final boss so unoriginal, Mercury Steam should sue themselves. The whole time I was fighting this braindead easy fight I was thinking "I can't wait to see Satan's final form. I remember how difficult he was in LoS1 with the magic swapping and whatnot" Nope. Just got a face full of Mercury's balls. Oh, and lets talk about Satan a little bit while we're at it.

Satan got a new look, but nobody mentions jack shit about it. He comes out of the ground 6 times the size he was last time, with wings, armor and a pet worm.

Also, his plan. "If I can't have it no one can"? Really? That's Satan's whole plan? To take over the world and destroy the world? He doesn't mention a vendetta against God, he never mentions Zobek, never says a word about his children and is portrayed as such a naive bastard that he doesn't even give a second thought to maybe Dracula followed him after he flew off on his big stupid worm. He didn't send a huge wave of monsters to distract him, he didn't make Gabriel fight the worm itself, he was just thinking "Nah, he's probably lost interest by now" That's more cliche than actual historical depictions of fukking Satan!

And how he dies?! He gets stabbed with the Vampire Killer, and DIES like he's a fukking regular human? He just fell over like Gabriel just stabbed a Satan cosplayer.

Zobek too. Gabriel finds out about his plan and all Zobek says is "Betrayers". Really dude? Death, can't tell that his god damned body guard is a 1,000 year old vampire? You couldn't smell it? Ever hear of a background check jackass?

And the WONDERFUL conclusion! Oh yes! What was the entire game about again? Gabriel wanting to kill himself with the Vampire Killer. And he never does it! I laughed my ass off when he just walked off the screen like he forgot why he was there. Another thing was, Satan mentioned that Alucard was going to betray Dracula. Now of course this could have just been Satan being a douche and trying to mess with Gabriel's head, but how in the hell did Gabriel not mention it to Alucard?

And Maria! One of the biggest characters in the story. One of Gabriel's key motivations for surviving. One of only 2 people that cheered him on during his worst moments. Nowhere to be found at all. Genius.

I let the game continue on after the credits. Nothing. Not a damned thing. 6/10 sounds about right

Sorry for my language btw, I just feel so jaded right now

I don't think it's out yet, is it?
I was literally just in the PS Store checking for new games and discounts.

I don't think it's out yet, is it?
I was literally just in the PS Store checking for new games and discounts.

It sounded like he was saying he played it and the date on the trailer was the 25th but I didn't see it on the Xbox store either.

Played and beat it and Alucard is the only reason to get the DLC. And the difference between Dracula and Alucard is like Dante and Vergil in DMC3. One thing I didn't really like was his powers are useless outside of exploration they offered nothing in battle.

Lp. Go to new add ons in the store under games.

messaging_attachment.php

The DLC is worth it just to play as Alucard.

Last edited: