2 new Castlevania games

Ah nice, good to hear I can't wait to play it. Just one question are there any unlockable outfits/other little bonuses to unlock? A yes or no will suffice. I'm gonna be getting the game either way I just want to know for a replay value kinda thing.

No unlockable outfits other than those offered as pre-order incentives unfortunately. Then again, Im yet to 100% the game so don't take my word for it. It seems getting 100% will take 30 hour plus. Also it had been leaked that there are DLCs coming in which you get to play as Alucard. It wouldn't serve as continuation however but more to explain the story of the main game itself. From what I understand, the release of the DLCs will depend on how well is main game is received, if it goes well, we will get them by end of the year hopefully.

No unlockable outfits other than those offered as pre-order incentives unfortunately. Then again, Im yet to 100% the game so don't take my word for it. However it had been leaked that there are DLCs coming in which you get to play as Alucard. It wouldn't serve as continuation however but more to explain the story of the main game itself. From what I understand, the release of the DLCs will depend on how well is main game is received, if it goes well, we will get them by end of the year hopefully.

Ah, oh well the game still looks to great to pass up even without some extra outfits, but damn playing as Alucard sounds hype. Especially since the only character we got to play as was Gabriel and his fighting style didn't change much between the two games with the exception of the claws/sword and sub weapons.

I'm definitely interested to see how differently Alucard will play and how he'll use the light/shadow magic system.

How was the difficulty?
A review I just read said the game is easier than the last one. And that seasoned Hack n Slasher enthusiasts should play on hard.

Was it easy for you?

I played it on normal and I felt it was almost as hard, perhaps slightly easier than LoS1 as the focus bar builds up noticebly faster. But at the same time, the enemies have improved AI as many of them surprise you with new patterns of attack. The key thing I found though, is mixing up combos, mastering the sync block, studying enemy attack patterns for dodging etc, if you are able to have a good balance between these, it wouldn't be quite difficult to get through, or else it will be a pain.

Gamespot has given it a 7. Though I dont think it is a justifiable score, their review seems most fair overall, compared to IGN.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-review/1900-6415677/

Surprisingly as the same time, LoS2 is doing quite well among European reviewers/sites, most are giving it top scores.

My advice is best avoid all the reviews, as many of them can spoil a lot of surprises/expectations even so unknowingly. Best go in blind to enjoy the game to the max.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying it so far.
I stopped before work at the part where you fight the two Jailers after getting the Chaos Claws back. Also playing on Lord of Shadow difficulty.

Spoiler:
I'm currently trying to get the Acolyte Scientist her humanity back so Zobek can read her mind.

Yooooooooooo! I loved how Gabriel tells them he is the one chosen by God. And then he starts mocking the paladin by saying the same incantations as him before killing everyone? Funk. Yes.

The difficulty is pretty brutal to be honest. It wasn't that noticeable at first, but once you meet the enemies with the fast unblockable attacks it really cranks up. I don't know if it's the same on Normal, but your health doesn't replenish on checkpoints. So if you enter a nightmarish area with a pixel of health, you stay in the nightmarish area until you beat it.

It isn't unbeatable by any means, I've gotten out of some impossible looking fights with almost no health, but some areas do take a few tries.

I'm really not diggin these platforming and stealth sections.
There are way too many of them. Enemies are rare and a large scale fight is even more hard to come by.

I'm loving the story and combat so far, but these platforms man. They're giving me that horrible Darksiders II vibe.

Those were annoying for me as well. Fortunately it gets over fast as long as you know how to go about it. There arent that many as you progress more.

Spoiler:
Where have you reached bbblp? Did you get stuck in any particular stealth segment? There is one particular one that was notorious for its difficulty among reviewers, you may know which one it is when you reach there.

ive beaten it and i have no idea where these reviews are getting the bland uninteresting story from. the one thing i want more of is gabraels story. 1000 years there's a shit load more that can be told.

ive beaten it and i have no idea where these reviews are getting the bland uninteresting story from. the one thing i want more of is gabraels story. 1000 years there's a shit load more that can be told.

Glad to know you liked it as well. The story was told quite well.

Spoiler:
But they couldn't really have Gabriel's story set in the 1000 year period as he was seemingly in a coma like state for that entire period, being impaled by Alucard's sword. They could do a future story set after LoS2 though, but the current deva are done with the series, now Konami has to decide where Castlevania should go, perhaps by continuing Gabriel's story or going back to the series roots

As for weapon mastery, I have been trying to max out everything, I finished off the whip first cause I thought it to be the most effective, it may nit be the same for everyone.

I want to see him in the role of dracula.
Spoiler:
with his fragmented memory thier could be other belmonts he had forgotten about

but what does it do? improve damage?

I saw the playthrough on Youtube, and it looks good so far.

If they decided to do another Castlevania game, it should take place in the Original Timeline series, taking place between Portrait of Ruin and Aria of Sorrow. I'm very interested in seeing how the whole Demon Castle Wars in 1999 played out and what method did the younger Julius Belmont used to finally vanquish Dracula (formerly Mathias Cronqvist) once and for all, and seal his abilities in the solar eclipse?

Just got finished with the Toy Maker fight. And have finally realized my feelings about the game.

The story and characters are awesome. I love it all so much and it's what keeps me going.
The gameplay is a joke. Toy Maker's theater origin story was amazing, but the fight was braindead. I don't even know what his attacks were. Almost every boss I've fought so far dies in seconds from Guillotine spam. Plus the ultra OP Mist parry? It's a done deal. Mind you, I'm playing on hard.

Whenever I hear those bats that point me to the next climbing section I cringe. And every time I see those rats that warn me of another stealth segment I groan in disappointment. There should NEVER be this many noncombat distractions in a Hack n Slasher. The enemies are also pretty bland. I know I'm fairly early in the game, but my god are the enemies unimaginative. I'm fighting against Dracula's Castle itself, along with Satan's Army, and the best I get are ghost soldiers and mutants? 2d Castlevania games were so great because of the off the wall enemy design, but this game recycles the same few enemies every god damned time.

Even though I had the same complaint about the first Lords of Shadow, at least it had some great designs in the form of the Troll, Giant Spider and especially, the Scarecrow.

Those were annoying for me as well. Fortunately it gets over fast as long as you know how to go about it. There arent that many as you progress more.

Spoiler:
Where have you reached bbblp? Did you get stuck in any particular stealth segment? There is one particular one that was notorious for its difficulty among reviewers, you may know which one it is when you reach there.

Spoiler:
Are you talking about the part where you're sneaking by Pan's brother?

That one was pretty easy. You can just dash toward the exit. Whenever he gets close just mist and he instantly loses you. Rinse and repeat.

Also playing a bit more, I must say the boss designs are getting better. Inner Dracula blew me away with how crazy it was and the Riders of the Storm totally kicked my ass. I didn't know you could evade while he did his tornado/lightning attack.