Metal Gear Rising

C-Sword

full.jpg

From Hideo Kojima's Twitter today comes word that Kojima Productions will be releasing footage from Metal Gear Rising's E3 demo ahead of E3.

Kojima actually referred to the Raiden shown in the title screen as "Black Raiden." In a later Tweet, he wrote, "I can't say much beyond this, but why he's 'Black Raiden' is a secret."

full.jpg

From Hideo Kojima's Twitter today comes word that Kojima Productions will be releasing footage from Metal Gear Rising's E3 demo ahead of E3.

Kojima actually referred to the Raiden shown in the title screen as "Black Raiden." In a later Tweet, he wrote, "I can't say much beyond this, but why he's 'Black Raiden' is a secret."

Being one of the BIGGEST Metal Gear Solid fanatics here on TRMK (aside from DCP and nemesiswontdie), I can honestly say that I have 0 interest in this game.
It started off as a good concept, before last year's video reveal, and then it turns out that it's nothing more than a Japanese Anime styled game.
It was supposed to be a game that took place between MGS2 and MGS4, and explained how Raiden saved Sunny from the Patriots, but due to the budget cuts and personal change, it has now been changed to this crap.
On top of that, it takes place AFTER MGS4, and has been said by Kojima to be a new series on it's own (the Rising series) Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.
No thank you.
DO. NOT. WANT.

/rant

I'm more interested in the MGS 5 project that is underway:

http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1219184p1.html

EDIT:
You can even vote for MGS5, as one of the most anticipated games of E3:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/347522/cvgs-e3-2012-awards-voting-now-open/

Last edited:
Anyone else excited for this?

Also, for my fellow MGS heads, maybe sure you keep up on your MGS news on the 30th. Kojima is supposed to show off what the FOX engine can do at the party for the 25th anniversary of MGS. Supposedly there's going to be a HUGE announcement. I'm guessing MGS5 and/or the 3D remakes of MG 1 & 2.

P.S. - I'm currently uploading my playthrough of Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker. For those who have never played it, it's a REALLY good game. Quite challenging as well. If you don't plan on picking it up, check out my playthrough. Also for those who do have it and need help advancing, beating bosses, building up your various teams, unlocking weapons, etc. I'll be covering pretty much everything real soon. Check it out, here: http://enterperfectstealth.blogspot.com/

I just played the demo.

It's nice, but I wouldn't pay 60 for it.

It reminds me of God of War, it looks pretty, and plays good, but it'd get repetitive real quick for me.

Well, yeah 60 bucks is a little much. Then again all them costumes

Those are just skins and outfits, lol.

I know Metal Gears fans are all over it though, just because it's Metal Gear.

But it's not THAT great. I think Ground Zero is the game everyone should be really looking forward too.

I know Metal Gears fans are all over it though, just because it's Metal Gear.

But it's not THAT great. I think Ground Zero is the game everyone should be really looking forward too.

I'm a huge MGS fan and I'm skipping this one.
Played the demo, as well (to give it a fair shot), but I'm really not into hack-n-slash Ninja Gaiden type games.

I'm still on the fence about this one, I got the demo back when it was exclusive to the Z.O.E. HD (which I never played in the PS2 days) and I wasn't happy with what I saw... the Gray Fox skin is a nice incentive but I'll probably just wait until the price drops.

They should of kept the original story and game engine.

All the people saying this game is just a simple hack n slash with no stealth can suck a diiiieeeecccck.

All the people saying this game is just a simple hack n slash with no stealth can suck a diiiieeeecccck.

It does have some stealth elements, but that doesn't make it any less of a hack-n-slash.
It's too Ninja Gaiden / Anime, for me, and it doesn't really interest me.
Gave it a shot, and it still doesn't interest me.
I'm more hyped for GZ and Phantom Pain.

This Gray Fox skin has got me thinking, it's about time Gray Fox got his own game, I mean Snake is cool and all but Gray Fox was one of the people who trained him when he was still a rookie in FOXHOUND.

This Gray Fox skin has got me thinking, it's about time Gray Fox got his own game, I mean Snake is cool and all but Gray Fox was one of the people who trained him when he was still a rookie in FOXHOUND.

Same here.
A Gray Fox game would be the SHIT!!! :love:

Kojima already said that he can't make a game with a character that is younger than him self as the lead, and he would rather choose a gun over a sword. So if they did make an Gray Fox game now it would be a terrible revengence like game that doesn't fit in with the canon.

As awesome as the game would be your closest best bet is always gonna be Raiden in the Gray Fox suit in either MGS2:S or MGR:R or the good old MGS:VR Missions.

However I am of the sort who thinks that Frank Jager is the other dude with big boss in TPP trailer, so at least then we would have his story told and developed some .. hopefully.

It does have some stealth elements, but that doesn't make it any less of a hack-n-slash.
It's too Ninja Gaiden / Anime, for me, and it doesn't really interest me.
Gave it a shot, and it still doesn't interest me.
I'm more hyped for GZ and Phantom Pain.

This.

I have a huge feeling this game isn't going to be ground-breaking like MGS4 was.

To Kojima:

I think Ground Zero is going to be amazing though.

MGS4 was not ground breaking, lol. It retconed a lot of the series and gave half ass explanations for things that didn't need them. It also threw in a TON of characters that held no real weight on the main story. Mei Ling, Johnny, etc. These characters were just thrown in there for fan service. I'm by no means saying MGS4 was bad, it just wasn't "ground-breaking".

As for a Gray Fox game, ehh, it's not really necessary. He's not THAT important of a character to have his own game. It would be something similar to Rising if anything. Which a lot of you guys don't like. A game that would be great however, would be a game where you play as The Boss alongside the Cobra Unit. The Boss is the reason behind the series after all.

Also, I do believe Ground Zeroes will be ground breaking. It's the first open world experience in the MGS series. Combine that with borderline next level graphics, multiple ways to tackle a mission, tons of weapon unlocks, motherbase building/customization, and tons of other shit we don't even know about yet. This game will definitely be one of the best in the series.