TRMK Suggestion Box

Patrick McCarron

TRMK Admin, Co-founder
Staff member
I have been thinking of part of our continual improvement of TRMK, I want to do even more improvements but I don't get a good handle on what people may want to see here.

So this thread is for that, leave your valid and honest suggestion for us to consider. I can't say we'll do any of it, but I'm interesting in seeing ideas as a few have come to me from members in the past few days and I want to see what other good ideas to improve things here may come from you guys.

First off I'd like to say that the "Thanks" option is fantastic.

The game guides could be improved greatly. I don't believe special moves, a bio, and the fatalities are enough. There should be bnb combos or at the very least the combo strings in the game.

^^^ Agreed. When I was playing MK9 every night. There would be countless times I recalled going to the game guides and I wanted to see some bnb and strings. Advanced would be nice. You could take what we have in the character strat in the forums and condense it into sections of specific characters.

First off I'd like to say that the "Thanks" option is fantastic.

The game guides could be improved greatly. I don't believe special moves, a bio, and the fatalities are enough. There should be bnb combos or at the very least the combo strings in the game.

^^^ Agreed. When I was playing MK9 every night. There would be countless times I recalled going to the game guides and I wanted to see some bnb and strings. Advanced would be nice. You could take what we have in the character strat in the forums and condense it into sections of specific characters.

Yes I actually agree 110% it's something that I mean to do just haven't had time to actually put that together. I want to redo the guides completely and make them easier to get to as well.

I think you should do coverage of tournaments, or at least advertise them. Slim chance but i bet there are talented folk on here who would otherwise not have taken part in one, simply as they have not been aware. It would also keep the front page fresh instead of having month old info etc.

Edit: seen your response in the other post, thanks

I think you should do coverage of tournaments, or at least advertise them. Slim chance but i bet there are talented folk on here who would otherwise not have taken part in one, simply as they have not been aware. It would also keep the front page fresh instead of having month old info etc.

As I said in the other thread, I want to do this more and wish we could and will continue to try. We actually were just contacted about helping advertise one the other day, and have and will be doing more for that one.

2 Ideas
1. Can you add a Mortal Kombat (PS Vita) Tournament?
2. If you would add a petition making section for lets say if someone wants to make a petition for MK10 (I came up with it from the Tremor DLC post)

CoughappCough ;)

I guess TRMK can be more interactive with people. Yeah you guys have a Facebook and Twitter but thats about it. I know you guys have a Youtube but you guys rarely use that. You (or any other mod) could use that channel to promote things like your contest, or Sweet Mk new, or even the things with the tournaments. Idk Im just pulling stuff out of my ass (and man does it hurt lol jkjkjk)

I am not sure it would work very well because we don't have a huge number of daily active people to prevent the same few from getting it but perhaps a member of the month or something along those lines to put a spotlight on the people who contribute well to the forum, help others, follow the rules, etc. Make a set of qualities (like the ones I just mentioned) and make that the entire basis for choosing someone.

I think we could do it like the yearly awards thread where people could nominate others and then the staff could go through the criteria and choose who we think deserves it.

Doesn't have to be a member of the month, though. If anyone has ideas on something similar that might work better, feel free to add the suggestion to this idea.

As I said in the other thread, I want to do this more and wish we could and will continue to try. We actually were just contacted about helping advertise one the other day, and have and will be doing more for that one.

I can throw the heads up sometimes. I got some offline MK friends that tend to text me to let me know if some big tournanet is happening. Then I can look it up and share a link with someone.

I've watched a few tournaments on livestream eating food with my friends lol.

I usually for convenience purposes just post a link to it in Just talk for anyone who happens to be online.

I am not sure it would work very well because we don't have a huge number of daily active people to prevent the same few from getting it but perhaps a member of the month or something along those lines to put a spotlight on the people who contribute well to the forum, help others, follow the rules, etc. Make a set of qualities (like the ones I just mentioned) and make that the entire basis for choosing someone.

I think we could do it like the yearly awards thread where people could nominate others and then the staff could go through the criteria and choose who we think deserves it.

Doesn't have to be a member of the month, though. If anyone has ideas on something similar that might work better, feel free to add the suggestion to this idea.

Would it work kind of like ps3trophies' member of the month? http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/announcements/156371-member-month-april-2012-a.html

I agree with this idea, but also with your hesitance. It would have been AWESOME back where there were more people here. It could still work I guess.

Pat, I've been trying to get the "Tag Team combos" thread to be more active, but unfortunately it's not stickied.
Is there any way that it could be stickied in the "Characters" section, so that people can go there for Tag Team combos or suggest some of their own???
I feel like Tag Team is an under-rated part of MK9, and it would be cool to see what Tag Combos they can come up with, and suggestions for characters that go better with each other.

What do you think?

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/26391-Tag-Team-combos

Last edited:
Pat, I've been trying to get the "Tag Team combos" thread to be more active, but unfortunately it's not stickied.
Is there any way that it could be stickied in the "Characters" section, so that people can go there for Tag Team combos or suggest some of their own???
I feel like Tag Team is an under-rated part of MK9, and it would be cool to see what Tag Combos they can come up with, and suggestions for characters that go better with each other.

What do you think?

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/26391-Tag-Team-combos

Its shows to me as stickied. :shock:

Maybe you didn't feel it was stickied since there are 20+ stickied threads in there.

How come for example if I type the b-word it doesn't come out as ***** but just nothing now.

For example I'll type "Sub-Zero was such a [b-word here]

and it will post as "Sub-Zero was such a"

Is profanity in posts now completely not allowed or something? Because I don't mind posting "*****"

It's just kind of annoying to have to count stars whenever I type lol

I had trouble with that too. I know it's in the rules that you can't type f * c k, but now the whole thing is removed which is confusing.

A suggestion I have is that instead of counting ****, how about it becomes f * * * (spaced together of course) That way people can still curse but the others will get the context of it. If they did type f * c k then it should be completely removed.

I agree with the above posts about the newly censored swearing. I think its ok if it deletes the attempts to bypass the swearing, thats fine. But deleting the already censored words isnt really necessary.

It was fine when the word was just replaced with "*" symbols.
It's pretty much become Censored Censors now. Mind warping huh?

also, any particular reason why BB code's Youtube and Spoiler are not allowed in profile page posts? Thats something I'd suggest change.

Last edited: