Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 114

Thread: TRMK Suggestion Box

  1. #1
    TRMK Admin, Co-founder Patrick McCarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,842
    Twitter
    @mccarron
    Xbox Live
    McCarron
    PSN
    McCarronX
    Steam
    mccarron
    Tournaments Joined
    4
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 247 Times in 117 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    TRMK Suggestion Box

    I have been thinking of part of our continual improvement of TRMK, I want to do even more improvements but I don't get a good handle on what people may want to see here.

    So this thread is for that, leave your valid and honest suggestion for us to consider. I can't say we'll do any of it, but I'm interesting in seeing ideas as a few have come to me from members in the past few days and I want to see what other good ideas to improve things here may come from you guys.
    Patrick McCarron
    The Realm of Mortal Kombat Co-founder

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Patrick McCarron For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Shaolin Monk n9195v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,325
    Xbox Live
    n9195v
    Steam
    n9195v
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked 48 Times in 34 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TRMK Suggestion Box

    First off I'd like to say that the "Thanks" option is fantastic.

    The game guides could be improved greatly. I don't believe special moves, a bio, and the fatalities are enough. There should be bnb combos or at the very least the combo strings in the game.

  4. #3
    Special Forces Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    MPLS
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,619
    Xbox Live
    THE JOHNNY ROOK
    Steam
    THE_JOHNNY_ROOK
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    459
    Thanked 266 Times in 186 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TRMK Suggestion Box

    ^^^ Agreed. When I was playing MK9 every night. There would be countless times I recalled going to the game guides and I wanted to see some bnb and strings. Advanced would be nice. You could take what we have in the character strat in the forums and condense it into sections of specific characters.

  5. #4
    TRMK Admin, Co-founder Patrick McCarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,842
    Twitter
    @mccarron
    Xbox Live
    McCarron
    PSN
    McCarronX
    Steam
    mccarron
    Tournaments Joined
    4
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 247 Times in 117 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Re: TRMK Suggestion Box

    Quote Originally Posted by n9195v View Post
    First off I'd like to say that the "Thanks" option is fantastic.

    The game guides could be improved greatly. I don't believe special moves, a bio, and the fatalities are enough. There should be bnb combos or at the very least the combo strings in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE JOHNNY ROOK View Post
    ^^^ Agreed. When I was playing MK9 every night. There would be countless times I recalled going to the game guides and I wanted to see some bnb and strings. Advanced would be nice. You could take what we have in the character strat in the forums and condense it into sections of specific characters.
    Yes I actually agree 110% it's something that I mean to do just haven't had time to actually put that together. I want to redo the guides completely and make them easier to get to as well.
    Patrick McCarron
    The Realm of Mortal Kombat Co-founder

  6. #5
    Shaolin Monk Dedamn666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pontecarlo UK
    Posts
    1,514
    Twitter
    @**** knows zombiewoof bat i think
    Xbox Live
    none bought the right console
    PSN
    zombie665
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 174 Times in 126 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TRMK Suggestion Box

    I think you should do coverage of tournaments, or at least advertise them. Slim chance but i bet there are talented folk on here who would otherwise not have taken part in one, simply as they have not been aware. It would also keep the front page fresh instead of having month old info etc.

    Edit: seen your response in the other post, thanks

  7. #6
    TRMK Admin, Co-founder Patrick McCarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,842
    Twitter
    @mccarron
    Xbox Live
    McCarron
    PSN
    McCarronX
    Steam
    mccarron
    Tournaments Joined
    4
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 247 Times in 117 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Re: TRMK Suggestion Box

    Quote Originally Posted by Dedamn666 View Post
    I think you should do coverage of tournaments, or at least advertise them. Slim chance but i bet there are talented folk on here who would otherwise not have taken part in one, simply as they have not been aware. It would also keep the front page fresh instead of having month old info etc.
    As I said in the other thread, I want to do this more and wish we could and will continue to try. We actually were just contacted about helping advertise one the other day, and have and will be doing more for that one.
    Patrick McCarron
    The Realm of Mortal Kombat Co-founder

  8. #7
    Lin Kuei Assassin Kzaoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ENGERLAND! At your nan's house
    Age
    21
    Posts
    2,742
    PSN
    chainedfreedom
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    354
    Thanked 374 Times in 294 Posts
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

    Re: TRMK Suggestion Box

    I think adding to Dedman's idea there a can be a little box saying 'upcoming streams' and have a link to the streams, like the have on www.shoryuken.com and www.dustloop.com. I think that'd be a decent idea.



    MK9 Mains: Kano, Cage, Ermac.
    TTT2 Mains: Violet/Wang

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kzaoo For This Useful Post:


  10. #8
    New Kombatant Shawohs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    34
    Twitter
    @Shaohs
    PSN
    Shawohs
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TRMK Suggestion Box

    2 Ideas
    1. Can you add a Mortal Kombat (PS Vita) Tournament?
    2. If you would add a petition making section for lets say if someone wants to make a petition for MK10 (I came up with it from the Tremor DLC post)
    Finish Who?

  11. #9
    Shaolin Monk Liu Kang93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    20
    Posts
    1,496
    Twitter
    @KrAvE_AnGeL
    Xbox Live
    KrAvE AnGeL
    PSN
    KrAvE_AnGeL
    Steam
    Krave_Angel
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 68 Times in 46 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TRMK Suggestion Box

    CoughappCough


    I guess TRMK can be more interactive with people. Yeah you guys have a Facebook and Twitter but thats about it. I know you guys have a Youtube but you guys rarely use that. You (or any other mod) could use that channel to promote things like your contest, or Sweet Mk new, or even the things with the tournaments. Idk Im just pulling stuff out of my ass (and man does it hurt lol jkjkjk)


    Bring Back Liu Kang For MKX!!!!!!

  12. #10
    BEST IN THE WORLD Jade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hugh Jackman's Pants
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,415
    Twitter
    @CM_Punkette
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    260
    Thanked 483 Times in 326 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: TRMK Suggestion Box

    I am not sure it would work very well because we don't have a huge number of daily active people to prevent the same few from getting it but perhaps a member of the month or something along those lines to put a spotlight on the people who contribute well to the forum, help others, follow the rules, etc. Make a set of qualities (like the ones I just mentioned) and make that the entire basis for choosing someone.

    I think we could do it like the yearly awards thread where people could nominate others and then the staff could go through the criteria and choose who we think deserves it.

    Doesn't have to be a member of the month, though. If anyone has ideas on something similar that might work better, feel free to add the suggestion to this idea.

    Team Chris Redfield
    CM Punk > You

  13. #11
    Emperor of Outworld Critical-Limit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,646
    PSN
    Critical-Cookie
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    1,076
    Thanked 695 Times in 531 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: TRMK Suggestion Box

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McCarron View Post
    As I said in the other thread, I want to do this more and wish we could and will continue to try. We actually were just contacted about helping advertise one the other day, and have and will be doing more for that one.
    I can throw the heads up sometimes. I got some offline MK friends that tend to text me to let me know if some big tournanet is happening. Then I can look it up and share a link with someone.


    I've watched a few tournaments on livestream eating food with my friends lol.

    I usually for convenience purposes just post a link to it in Just talk for anyone who happens to be online.

  14. #12
    Lin Kuei Assassin Kzaoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ENGERLAND! At your nan's house
    Age
    21
    Posts
    2,742
    PSN
    chainedfreedom
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    354
    Thanked 374 Times in 294 Posts
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

    Re: TRMK Suggestion Box

    Quote Originally Posted by Jade View Post
    I am not sure it would work very well because we don't have a huge number of daily active people to prevent the same few from getting it but perhaps a member of the month or something along those lines to put a spotlight on the people who contribute well to the forum, help others, follow the rules, etc. Make a set of qualities (like the ones I just mentioned) and make that the entire basis for choosing someone.

    I think we could do it like the yearly awards thread where people could nominate others and then the staff could go through the criteria and choose who we think deserves it.

    Doesn't have to be a member of the month, though. If anyone has ideas on something similar that might work better, feel free to add the suggestion to this idea.
    Would it work kind of like ps3trophies' member of the month? http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ann...il-2012-a.html



    MK9 Mains: Kano, Cage, Ermac.
    TTT2 Mains: Violet/Wang

  15. #13
    Special Forces Agent Love Cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,094
    PSN
    LoveCowboy195
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 254 Times in 156 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: TRMK Suggestion Box

    Quote Originally Posted by Jade View Post
    I am not sure it would work very well because we don't have a huge number of daily active people to prevent the same few from getting it but perhaps a member of the month or something along those lines to put a spotlight on the people who contribute well to the forum, help others, follow the rules, etc. Make a set of qualities (like the ones I just mentioned) and make that the entire basis for choosing someone.

    I think we could do it like the yearly awards thread where people could nominate others and then the staff could go through the criteria and choose who we think deserves it.

    Doesn't have to be a member of the month, though. If anyone has ideas on something similar that might work better, feel free to add the suggestion to this idea.
    I agree with this idea, but also with your hesitance. It would have been AWESOME back where there were more people here. It could still work I guess.

    Have what it takes to become the champion of Mortal Fantasy Football Kombat for 2014? Click here...

  16. #14
    Emperor of Outworld Araknyd_Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Undisclosed location, Cobra
    Posts
    6,936
    Twitter
    @CobraCdr_
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    2,082
    Thanked 732 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: TRMK Suggestion Box

    Pat, I've been trying to get the "Tag Team combos" thread to be more active, but unfortunately it's not stickied.
    Is there any way that it could be stickied in the "Characters" section, so that people can go there for Tag Team combos or suggest some of their own???
    I feel like Tag Team is an under-rated part of MK9, and it would be cool to see what Tag Combos they can come up with, and suggestions for characters that go better with each other.

    What do you think?

    http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthrea...ag-Team-combos
    Last edited by Araknyd_Commander; 05-14-2012 at 09:49 AM.

  17. #15
    Lin Kuei Assassin Flying Jinko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Shujinko's Beard
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,890
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    301
    Thanked 329 Times in 220 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Araknyd_Commander View Post
    Pat, I've been trying to get the "Tag Team combos" thread to be more active, but unfortunately it's not stickied.
    Is there any way that it could be stickied in the "Characters" section, so that people can go there for Tag Team combos or suggest some of their own???
    I feel like Tag Team is an under-rated part of MK9, and it would be cool to see what Tag Combos they can come up with, and suggestions for characters that go better with each other.

    What do you think?

    http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthrea...ag-Team-combos
    Its shows to me as stickied.

    Maybe you didn't feel it was stickied since there are 20+ stickied threads in there.

  18. #16
    Emperor of Outworld Araknyd_Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Undisclosed location, Cobra
    Posts
    6,936
    Twitter
    @CobraCdr_
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    2,082
    Thanked 732 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: TRMK Suggestion Box

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Jinko View Post
    Its shows to me as stickied.

    Maybe you didn't feel it was stickied since there are 20+ stickied threads in there.
    Hmm. That's weird.
    Nevermind then, Pat.
    I didn't notice that before.
    Maybe it was just recently stickied.

  19. #17
    Elder God Shirayuki Mizore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Skull Island
    Posts
    13,367
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    1,069
    Thanked 742 Times in 635 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: TRMK Suggestion Box

    How come for example if I type the b-word it doesn't come out as ***** but just nothing now.

    For example I'll type "Sub-Zero was such a [b-word here]

    and it will post as "Sub-Zero was such a"

    Is profanity in posts now completely not allowed or something? Because I don't mind posting "*****"

    It's just kind of annoying to have to count stars whenever I type lol

  20. #18
    Elder God YungQ94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Skull Island w/ Vital & Shira
    Age
    19
    Posts
    10,901
    Twitter
    @#TeamThrowItBack
    Xbox Live
    BiTeThAPiLlOw
    PSN
    YUNGQ94
    Tournaments Joined
    2
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 699 Times in 615 Posts
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: TRMK Suggestion Box

    I had trouble with that too. I know it's in the rules that you can't type f * c k, but now the whole thing is removed which is confusing.

    A suggestion I have is that instead of counting ****, how about it becomes f * * * (spaced together of course) That way people can still curse but the others will get the context of it. If they did type f * c k then it should be completely removed.
    Shadaloo Force

  21. #19
    Shokan General Sky Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,389
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    294
    Thanked 292 Times in 209 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: TRMK Suggestion Box

    I agree with the above posts about the newly censored swearing. I think its ok if it deletes the attempts to bypass the swearing, thats fine. But deleting the already censored words isnt really necessary.

    It was fine when the word was just replaced with "*" symbols.
    It's pretty much become Censored Censors now. Mind warping huh?



    also, any particular reason why BB code's Youtube and Spoiler are not allowed in profile page posts? Thats something I'd suggest change.
    Last edited by Sky Valley; 05-14-2012 at 02:48 PM.

  22. #20
    TRMK Super Moderator DCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    My OWN pants-- oh wait, these aren't mine
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,687
    Xbox Live
    ryknowcore
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 88 Times in 65 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TRMK Suggestion Box

    Quote Originally Posted by Araknyd_Commander View Post
    Hmm. That's weird.
    Nevermind then, Pat.
    I didn't notice that before.
    Maybe it was just recently stickied.
    Dude, I stickied that weeks ago.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Official TRMK Online Room Suggestion.
    By Ermaculate in forum Online Multiplayer
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-19-2011, 01:57 AM
  2. Suggestion for MK9/next MK...
    By Indigo in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 09:57 PM
  3. [ Suggestion ]
    By Vegitle in forum Forum Updates and Rules
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-02-2004, 01:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •