What is this poking buisness???

The-Boss

boss here. reporting at 5:00 in the afternoon with nice and cool weather a beautifull day here on the east coast and now on lastest news about mk vita
tom take it away.

tom:thank you boss todays story is about poking-poking spam really is it fair or is it cheap? here we have someone who says its cheap.

*puts on mustache* unamed person: yes i stranger think poking 3 or 4 times in a row and during the whole match is just so lazy.and i am not the boss.

tom:so tell us what happened

unamed person:its been happening all the time.not all the times but majority yes.here i am a honest mustache bearing hard working man spending times with my characters in practice mode learning the moves for hours and hitting that ladder again and again. sometimes i win and sometimes i dont.but this poking a billion times gotta stop

tom:you heard it folks straight from his mouth and i am not the boss either. have you viewers run into this shenanigans? what do you think about over poking ? also a milk scare? frequent People around the world saying theres bad milk going around and diarrhea outbreaks are spreading more at 8:00 *cheesy music plays*

boss here. reporting at 5:00 in the afternoon with nice and cool weather a beautifull day here on the east coast and now on lastest news about mk vita
tom take it away.

tom:thank you boss todays story is about poking-poking spam really is it fair or is it cheap? here we have someone who says its cheap.

*puts on mustache* unamed person: yes i stranger think poking 3 or 4 times in a row and during the whole match is just so lazy.and i am not the boss.

tom:so tell us what happened

unamed person:its been happening all the time.not all the times but majority yes.here i am a honest mustache bearing hard working man spending times with my characters in practice mode learning the moves for hours and hitting that ladder again and again. sometimes i win and sometimes i dont.but this poking a billion times gotta stop

tom:you heard it folks straight from his mouth and i am not the boss either. have you viewers run into this shenanigans? what do you think about over poking ? also a milk scare? frequent People around the world saying theres bad milk going around and diarrhea outbreaks are spreading more at 8:00 *cheesy music plays*
Was this written under the influence of strong drugs?

Poking is used to create space or either to get out of Mix ups set up by your opponent.

Would you rather play a whole game against a frame trapping cage or be able to get frame advantage and have a chance at winning?

Poking is used to create space or either to get out of Mix ups set up by your opponent.

Would you rather play a whole game against a frame trapping cage or be able to get frame advantage and have a chance at winning?

Totally agree! I play with and against Mileena often, she's probably the best at poking, her d+4 is very useful, I'd be dumb not to use it. At the end of the day, you do what you gotta do to win, a win is a win, it doesn't matter how you did it.

edit: oops, I meant to say d+4, not u+4 :)

Last edited:
Totally agree! I play with and against Mileena often, she's probably the best at poking, her u+4 is very useful, I'd be dumb not to use it. At the end of the day, you do what you gotta do to win, a win is a win, it doesn't matter how you did it.

I agree. D+1 is -13 on block :mad:

D+4 and D+3 are the best to use to gain advantage. U+4 is safe on block, but you can only use it twice and you have to mix it up will cause almost every character on the Kast has Armor on EX moves and can punish it if they guess right.

I don't believe in things being Cheap or spamming. If you want the win find ways around their Zoning or the frametraps or what ever the problem is. Every loss you gain experience and if you're unsure what to do next time just ask for help in the gameplay threads.

Complaining will not better yourself as a player.

I don't believe in things being Cheap or spamming. If you want the win find ways around their Zoning or the frametraps or what ever the problem is. Every loss you gain experience and if you're unsure what to do next time just ask for help in the gameplay threads.

Complaining will not better yourself as a player.

Are you saying nothing could possibly be cheap in the game even if it was something like Kung Lao before the patches or if characters had infinites?

Are you saying nothing could possibly be cheap in the game even if it was something like Kung Lao before the patches or if characters had infinites?

No in a game that's made to be competitive. You have just as much of a choice to choose kung lao as your opponent does. IF YOU CHOOSE to play a garbage character in comparison. THAT'S YOUR FAULT.

Yes the game could use more balanced to increase it's FUN. who wants a touranment that's top 8 all kung lao?

But point is.

yes even in that situation. AS long as you have just as many options as your opponent and you both have full access to the same things.

No it's not cheap. Not ever.

iVital has MK branded into his mind lol.

The dude sold the game and still can explain things better than 95% of the people on this site.

iVital has MK branded into his mind lol.

The dude sold the game and still can explain things better than 95% of the people on this site.

The other 5% is Critical Limit :love:

Yea, I love to help people with gameplay, but it's rare to come across people who need help. :cry:

i have never ran into this on ps3.so this strategy of poking is new to me. ive had games where people beat the health bar out of me in legitimate ways. but someone who pokes during the whole match?. What ever happened to a good fashioned sweep. A few pokes fine but you have to see the people i played its crazy. Over poking is like a grown man wearing flip flops-it just aint right.

On a scale from 1 to 10, How good were they? I ran into people who button smash D+1 and standing 1s 2s and can never complete strings :|

some were like 9s and gave me a hard time won a few of those. mileena is the one who killed me and a cyrax. the others were between 4 and 5 who used it a whole lot but i made short work ofem

some were like 9s and gave me a hard time won a few of those. mileena is the one who killed me and a cyrax. the others were between 4 and 5 who used it a whole lot but i made short work ofem

I can help you with the Mileena match up, Just tell me your main and can you remember what the Mileena player did during the match(es)?

Sweet f*ck Mileena's d+4 and Kitana's d+2 (I believe). Lord have mercy

Milk scare? *Grabs stomach* Oh shit!!

i have a few mains but at the time i used scorpion

Great!!! Scorpion was one of my mains also 8)

First, are you willing to read my entire post and will try to incorporate my advice into your gameplay?

Silly Yung.. D+2 is the uppercut input :laugh:

Kitana's D+1*

oh fhats right you asked what the mileena player did. well whenever she was at medium-ish distance she Jumped up and shot sais and would usually teleport afterward. i wold get in a combo and if i was too close she would start poking and do this pop up juggle With her leg and combo me into oblivion. and a occasional magical ball roll