Kitana is a tad bit underrated....

Mid-Knight696

Ive noticed that Mileena and Scarlet, are very popular among the female mortal kombat characters. But I personaly think that Kitana is the best female in my opinion. And also one of the top characters in the mortal kombat saga. There are a few things that some players say about kitana that I dont agree with. Like most players consider her a mid tier character,and alot of ppl also say that kitana isnt good for online play which I REALLY dont agree with. She has deadly wall combos, excellent mix-ups, she is dangerous at all ranges (especially close range), she has the tools to get out of any situation against offensive and defensive players. etc. I dont think kitana gets enought credit tbh, what do you guys think?

I'll admit when I first saw Kitana I didn't exactly know what to do with her. Like in Story Mode I lost all the time cause I didn't know what I was doing :laugh: But when I saw these videos at Devastion with Kitana players it was pretty amazing. The only reason I can fathom why Kitana doesn't get enough credit is because Mileena is slightly better. That U+4, the instant air sai's, teleport, and that dreaded ball roll.

I'll admit when I first saw Kitana I didn't exactly know what to do with her. Like in Story Mode I lost all the time cause I didn't know what I was doing :laugh: But when I saw these videos at Devastion with Kitana players it was pretty amazing. The only reason I can fathom why Kitana doesn't get enough credit is because Mileena is slightly better. That U+4, the instant air sai's, teleport, and that dreaded ball roll.

Ive been in the lab non stop finding ways to counter mileena's U+4,instant air sai's,teleport & ball roll. And Ive been successful against every mileena player Ive encountered. And 2 out of 9 of them Ive played were friggin insane with Mileena and I defeated them with patience, timing, and keeping constant pressure on them.

Mileena is my main so I slightly favor her move set; however, Mileena does not have an edge over any character. Her teleport kick and ball roll can cause Scorpion players to have a very bad night but a well timed block could leave her helplessly in the air -- This is when I wish she had a get out of jail free card like Kitana does.

Popularity never had much to do with a character's full potential anyways. Most players main characters that they are comfortable with using.

Last edited:
Mileena is my main so I slightly favor her move set; however, Mileena does not have an edge over any character. Her teleport kick and ball roll can cause Scorpion players to have a very bad night but a well timed block could leave her helplessly in the air -- This is when I wish she had a get out of jail free card like Kitana does.

Yeah your right. And yeah Mileena does have weak spots. Sharp timing, and patience is the key to beating her.

Dude... Kitana is a top tier character.. She isn't underrated at all....

Yeah, even with each successive patch, hotfix and tier list revamp, she's always been way up there. I've never heard her described as mid-tier.

She's basically the female Scorpion. Super easy to use and win with, and people think they are good playing as them. Her unbreakable combos and super easy playstyle gets kind of ridiculous sometimes.

I don't think she underrated, last time I checked she was the 9th most used character online, has more facebook likes than both mileena and sonya, and deviantart gets flooded with kitana fan art all the time, she's not underrated, in fact, she's almost as popular as scorpion right now.

Hell, it looks like even iViTal has jumped on the kitana band wagon.

I think the OP is talking about MK9 Kitana's gameplay, and not as a Character throughout the series. :laugh: