the krypt keeps freezing

bonfire123

hello all
in mortal kombat deadly alliance I keep going to the krypt and whenever I buy a koffin it purchases it and then freez's after the coffin drops. it didn't used to do that because I"ve opened alot of coffins. now I have to reset the game after every one. how do I pervent this or is it a bug. please help

oh and I can't seem to look at the stuff in kontent. do I have to get a new copy or something because this is really starting to piss me off.

What system? And if it didn't happen when you first got the game, it's most likely not a bug.

Check your disk for scratches, spots or other errors in the surface that may be causing the game to skip when it tries to load the animation for the coffin standing back up.

Might be a corrupted mem card too, though I doubt it.

If the disk is screwed up it's cheap enough to get used from GameStop or EB Games or where ever.

its for PS2. the thing is I would take it out from time to time and put it face down on my PS2 as I watched a dvd. are PS2 games becoming that sensetive or is it my PS2. I"m starting to wonder because this is the third new game in about three months (I don't go shopping that much) that doesn't work.

i would buy disc doctor to clean the disc and i would also clean your ps2.do you stand your ps2 up by chance?and does it do it on any other games?

ok, firstly, you should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER (get the point) put a disc non label side on ANY surface. The danger of scratches (which I think is the problem for you), is simply too great. if you have to take your MK disc out of your PS2, always put it in a dvd case, or even its own case. Fair bet your disc is probably sratched.

whenever I put a game on my PS2 I always put it label side down. no my PS2 doesn't stand up and it doesn't really do it on any other games except for thps 3 but that games pretty scratched up. I might have to get my PS2 fixed because sometimes it makes a wirring sound (hard to explain) and I would have to hit it a couple of times to get it to work again and continue loading a game. does anyone know a way I can get it refurbished or something. I think this is happening because I have bad luck. I broke alot of mirrors that I found in the garage when I was a kid. I blame it on that but it was pretty fun.

bonfire123 said:
its for PS2. the thing is I would take it out from time to time and put it face down on my PS2 as I watched a dvd. are PS2 games becoming that sensetive or is it my PS2. I"m starting to wonder because this is the third new game in about three months (I don't go shopping that much) that doesn't work.

I think that's your problem right there. If it's kept happening, and that's something you've kept doing, it's hard to avoid that connection.

aussiecam said:
ok, firstly, you should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER (get the point) put a disc non label side on ANY surface. The danger of scratches (which I think is the problem for you), is simply too great. if you have to take your MK disc out of your PS2, always put it in a dvd case, or even its own case. Fair bet your disc is probably sratched.

Yeah. Serisously. Setting your disc face down on anything is bad enough, but resting it on an encased piece of hardware that's no doubt heating up to hellish temperatures playing a DVD (these systems spend much more energy playing DVDs than the games that were created for them, to my knowledge) is just asking for disc damage.

My advice to you is to replace your games and to cease resting them face down on you radioactive PS2 for any reason.

I had the same problem with my metal gear solid 2 graetest hits, but I just bought a different version of it that was non-graetest hits and it worked.

Does the case say graetest hits by any chance?