Tremor for dlc petition

MK:SM wasn't good, but it wasn't that bad IMO. Just awfully and unnecesarily difficult. If it had better controls it would've been a blast, actually.

Oh and Sareena, I like.

MK:SM wasn't good, but it wasn't that bad IMO. Just awfully and unnecesarily difficult. If it had better controls it would've been a blast, actually.

Oh and Sareena, I like.

I completely agree. I thoroughly enjoyed it when I was little and still do to this day. But I can definitely understand why someone would hate it and the frustration it causes. Sareena was meh imo.

Tremor doesn't necessarily have to be Lin Kuei and a target for the cyber initiative. He could be one of Shao Kahn's creations that doesn't get out til MKX.... Or something.

I'll sign for sure.

I'd prefer if he has a really unique costume. Something that isn't just a color swap, and shows his combined lineage of Lin Kuei and Black Dragon. Or maybe a Lin Kuei primary costume, and a Black Dragon alternate. All that said, Tremor isn't at the very top of my dlc character request list, but it would be cool to see him in at least one proper fighting game like we got with Sareena.

Tremor doesn't necessarily have to be Lin Kuei and a target for the cyber initiative. He could be one of Shao Kahn's creations that doesn't get out til MKX.... Or something.

I'll sign for sure.

I'd prefer if he has a really unique costume. Something that isn't just a color swap, and shows his combined lineage of Lin Kuei and Black Dragon.

Where are you getting that Tremor was ever a Lin Kuei???
It was never been stated that Tremor was once part of the Lin Kuei.
There is no mention of him ever being a Lin Kuei ninja, in Special Forces.
The only piece of information that was revealed about him in that game was his association with Kano and the Black Dragon.
That's it.
Saying that he was Lin Kuei is a nothing but a mere assumption.

The only piece of information that was revealed about him in that game was his association with Kano and the Black Dragon.
That's it.

An assumption based on the fact that he wears a Lin Kuei costume. Why the hell else would he wear it?

That's it.

I always thought it was mentioned somewhere that Tremor defected from the Lin Kuei and joined the Black Dragon.

Also, in Deception's Konquest mode, the Lin Kuei compound has both blue and brown ninjas training. I always assumed this was a little nod that Tremor was a former Lin Kuei.

An assumption based on the fact that he wears a Lin Kuei costume. Why the hell else would he wear it?

I always thought it was mentioned somewhere that Tremor defected from the Lin Kuei and joined the Black Dragon.

Also, in Deception's Konquest mode, the Lin Kuei compound has both blue and brown ninjas training. I always assumed this was a little nod that Tremor was a former Lin Kuei.

I'm really curious as to where you guys think you heard this.. Anyhow. As it is, I personally think that Tremor is a part of something that continues to be a shit stain on the mk franchise.. However, if revamped into a nomadic type assassin from a desert part of one of the realms that just so happens to join up with the Black Dragon for monetary reasons and he has a costume like this :

fremen.jpg

Then, I'd be more than stoked about it. I just wanna see something more original than another ninja. Plus, you have to admit that this design is awesome. I've changed some viewpoints about him after reading numerous threads. I think he can be something cool. But he needs to not be a ninja. We've had enough ninjas. I'd also like some more sand based attacks as opposed to rocks. Obviously the earth quake type moves and a couple of stalagmite move as well, but a move like Smoke's evade thing except with Tremor turning into sand would be awesome.

I'm really curious as to where you guys think you heard this.. Anyhow. As it is, I personally think that Tremor is a part of something that continues to be a shit stain on the mk franchise.. However, if revamped into a nomadic type assassin from a desert part of one of the realms that just so happens to join up with the Black Dragon for monetary reasons and he has a costume like this :

fremen.jpg

Then, I'd be more than stoked about it. I just wanna see something more original than another ninja. Plus, you have to admit that this design is awesome. I've changed some viewpoints about him after reading numerous threads. I think he can be something cool. But he needs to not be a ninja. We've had enough ninjas. I'd also like some more sand based attacks as opposed to rocks. Obviously the earth quake type moves and a couple of stalagmite move as well, but a move like Smoke's evade thing except with Tremor turning into sand would be awesome.

Building on that concept art, I wouldn't mind Tremor having more of a hooded costume, like a mix between Altair (from Assassin's Creed) and Ermac's Alt costume in MK9.

Something like this, but in more or a dark brown color:

Ermac MK9 alternate.jpg

That's it.

Read Tremor's MKT bio.
Cleary says he was once in the lin kuei.

Read Tremor's MKT bio.
Cleary says he was once in the lin kuei.

Considering that that MKT bio ended being up Rain's, you could also jump to conclusions and say that Rain was a member of the Lin Kuei, at one point in time.
Tremor never made an official appearance as a character until MK:SF, where he was only noted as being a Black Dragon member.

Rain Trilogy card
Rain is an assassin working freelance. He was once a member of the Lin Kuei along with Sub-Zero, but left the clan under mysterious circumstances. Years later, Rain is found working for Shao Kahn as an assassin in the Outworld. Born a human, he finds himself questioning his loyalty towards Kahn after watching the invasion of Earth.

Midway never called the brown ninja character on the MKTrilogy booklet, Tremor.
He was un-named.
It wasn't until Tremor came out on MK:SF that people assumed that that was supposed to be Tremor.

Last edited:

fremen.jpg

+1000 imaginary rep! I completely agree

I only want Tremor back if he is like that or something more badass. Seriously MK isn't all about Ninjas anymore, character's that started out as palette swaps have no reason to remain the same, especially with today's technology and creative thinking. Many of these so called 'Ninjas' don't even have a reason to sport a ninjasque attire and have nothing to do with their real world counterparts. Its time to look and move beyond that especially with the potential number of creative ways a character can be revamped or developed.

Agreed Flyman. Here's my biggest concern with Tremor (and I guess new characters in general): his story. If he's just going to be another "ninja with a mysterious past and motives" or whatever, then pass. I want new characters that actually add something interesting to the lore of MK a la Shujinko and the Kamidogu. I know that he's a Black Dragon member and all that, but that only adds to my concerns for 2 reasons:

1. Kano is the leader of the Black Dragon, so unless Kano and Tremor had some kind of joint partnership (which I still wouldn't be crazy about since I don't really like it when random new characters this late into the series are introduced with ties to other veteran characters), that means that he'll be a henchmen or a goon. In other words, he wouldn't be much better than Hsu Hao since he'd just be Kano's b*tch

2. And at that, why exactly would someone like Tremor even work for something like a criminal organization or even work for someone else in the first place? He has ****ing earth powers, he could just crush almost anyone he wanted to without hesitation. That must mean that he's incredibly simple-minded with little ambition or motives in life. Tremor has more potential than just being the big, dumb henchman

/rant

Agreed Flyman. Here's my biggest concern with Tremor (and I guess new characters in general): his story. If he's just going to be another "ninja with a mysterious past and motives" or whatever, then pass. I want new characters that actually add something interesting to the lore of MK a la Shujinko and the Kamidogu. I know that he's a Black Dragon member and all that, but that only adds to my concerns for 2 reasons:

1. Kano is the leader of the Black Dragon, so unless Kano and Tremor had some kind of joint partnership (which I still wouldn't be crazy about since I don't really like it when random new characters this late into the series are introduced with ties to other veteran characters), that means that he'll be a henchmen or a goon. In other words, he wouldn't be much better than Hsu Hao since he'd just be Kano's b*tch

2. And at that, why exactly would someone like Tremor even work for something like a criminal organization or even work for someone else in the first place? He has ****ing earth powers, he could just crush almost anyone he wanted to without hesitation. That must mean that he's incredibly simple-minded with little ambition or motives in life. Tremor has more potential than just being the big, dumb henchman

/rant

I agree about not wanting him as a henchman.
If Tremor was a neutral character with his own motives, who defected from the Black Dragon, he would have a viable story that NRS could build on.
Maybe Tremor has it out with Kano, because he's sick and tired of taking orders from him, and says "F**k it. I don't need you anymore."
MK needs more characters without allegiances to good or bad.

It would be nice to see more MK characters that are there for their own selfish needs, rather than "I'm with Raiden and the forces of good" or "I'm with Shinnok (MK10) and the forces of evil.
Another character that says "What's in it for me?"

Last edited:

fremen.jpg

good concept. I'd prefer something like this as a secondary though. I love the classic hood ones, never really loved Smoke's primary as much as his alt because the hair was visible. but yeah the idea of sand is great. someone also made somewhere a kind of egyptian concept. that could be interesting too, sand powers and some dark magic in there, egypt-related theme.

+1000 imaginary rep! I completely agree

I only want Tremor back if he is like that or something more badass. Seriously MK isn't all about Ninjas anymore, character's that started out as palette swaps have no reason to remain the same, especially with today's technology and creative thinking. Many of these so called 'Ninjas' don't even have a reason to sport a ninjasque attire and have nothing to do with their real world counterparts. Its time to look and move beyond that especially with the potential number of creative ways a character can be revamped or developed.

I got the idea from you, buddy haha.

good concept. I'd prefer something like this as a secondary though. I love the classic hood ones, never really loved Smoke's primary as much as his alt because the hair was visible. but yeah the idea of sand is great. someone also made somewhere a kind of egyptian concept. that could be interesting too, sand powers and some dark magic in there, egypt-related theme.

Yeah the Egyptian idea sounds awesome. There hasn't really been anything like that in MK and I think it'd fit Tremor really well. A nomadic egypt-style warrior with power of sand and earth sounds really awesome. I'd be totally fine with this design being a secondary too. The Egyptian style sounds altogether better.

That's it.

Wow dude. You mad about it? I was just going by the costume. He can totally be anything you want. We ain't fightin'.