Tremor for dlc petition

To me, it was the glowing effects in MK's Animalities that made them look stupid. Personality, I think it's a waste of development time considering the novelty will wear off after seeing them performed several times.

Back to the topic, I find it funny that so many people suddenly want a character from a spin-off game that most don't care about. However, NRS has proven they can revamp characters to make them more interesting.

Last edited:
I don't really care about Tremor. I'd rather have Fujin, Tanya or Sareena making a comeback, but hey, every extra character is welcome if it's well done.

Its insane how a scrapped character from MKT and from the worst game of the series gets so much love. I expect dlc petitions for Zebron

I expect dlc petitions for Zebron

Zebron was never materialized into a character, and just concept art.
Tremor was a full-functioning character.
Albeit a shitty game, Tremor had much potential to be on the MK roster.
MK:SZM was a shitty game too, but Sareena wtill got made into a character on the roster.
Why can't the same be done for Tremor?

Mythologies wasn't really all that shitty, especially not as shitty as Special Forces

The gameplay had problems, but at least it offered a pretty satisfying story set in pre-MK1. Special Forces was shit in pretty much every single way

Mythologies wasn't really all that shitty, especially not as shitty as Special Forces

The gameplay had problems, but at least it offered a pretty satisfying story set in pre-MK1. Special Forces was shit in pretty much every single way

Agreed fully. Seeing Shang Tsung during the ending was awesome. Kinda sad that the SubZero featured in it that went through all of that just ended up dying at the hands of Scorpion.

And hell.. I wouldn't mind seeing Zebron as some form of DLC lolol. I think that'd be awesome actually

Araknyd, you're making it seem like Mythologies was just some random shit MK spinoff that everyone likes to forget like Special Forces. Even putting aside the quality of the actual game, Mythologies is actually pretty important to the series overall considering it introduced Quan Chi and Shinnok, two characters that would soon become key characters in the series itself (especially the former) and its storyline is also canon (MK9's story mode even referenced it when Raiden commented on the death of Bi-Han). Also, you could consider it sort of a bridge to MK4's story (and even going further than that, Sub-Zero's story in MK4).

My point? I'm not saying that Sareena actually was or should have been chosen to be in a main MK game because of all this, I'm saying that NRS would be more likely to draw content from Mythologies than Special Forces. Special Forces wasn't even canon IIRC, and as aforementioned, it's a game that most people, including Ed Boon, usually choose not to even acknowledge (I wouldn't blame them, it's hands down the worst MK game ever made)

Araknyd, you're making it seem like Mythologies was just some random shit MK spinoff that everyone likes to forget like Special Forces. Even putting aside the quality of the actual game, Mythologies is actually pretty important to the series overall considering it introduced Quan Chi and Shinnok, two characters that would soon become key characters in the series itself (especially the former) and its storyline is also canon (MK9's story mode even referenced it when Raiden commented on the death of Bi-Han). Also, you could consider it sort of a bridge to MK4's story (and even going further than that, Sub-Zero's story in MK4).

My point? I'm not saying that Sareena actually was or should have been chosen to be in a main MK game because of all this, I'm saying that NRS would be more likely to draw content from Mythologies than Special Forces. Special Forces wasn't even canon IIRC, and as aforementioned, it's a game that most people, including Ed Boon, usually choose not to even acknowledge (I wouldn't blame them, it's hands down the worst MK game ever made)

I'm not trying to make it seem like some random shit game.
I'm just trying to prove to him how dumb it sounds to come into a Tremor thread, and shit all over a character that people obviously want in an MK game.
Opinions are like ***holes; everyone has them, and sometimes they stink.
I could personally care less for Sareena or Quan Chi or any of the characters in MK:SZM, but if someone created a thread for one of them, I wouldn't go into it and start shit, just for the sake of it.
I don't go into the MLP thread and start talking a bunch of crap.

MLP doesn't interest me, therefore I don't go into the thread, and talk bad about it.
This thread was created for people who WANT Tremor in MK10 or future MK's, and it just sucks that people come in poo pooing the subject.

I realize that Tremor came from a SHIT game, but that doesn't make me want him less in the MK universe, nor does it eliminate the possibility of him being in it.
Tremor being a Black Dragon recruit still has a lot of potential in future MK's.
He could even go rogue and be a neutral character.
Some of the previous replies have suggested that people want a more original non-ninja approach to Tremor, rather than another ninja anyways.

Last edited:
Well, I agree, but this is the internet we're talking about (as cliche as that sounds)

I guess people feel a sense of empowerment or something shitting all over people's opinions

EDIT: Is the site running slow or something? I've been trying to post this for about 10 minutes

Tremor SUCKS!

Nah, seriously speaking, Mythologies wasn't THAT bad, I agree with Metal Overlord. Personally, I loved the FMV and concept, the problem was the broken gameplay. I mean, platforming plus classic MK-styled fighting? That sounds great in paper, actually... it was just badly executed. On the other hand, Special Forces was plain bad in any given aspect: Bad graphics, bad gameplay, uninteresting story... etc. Besides, it was an incomplete game (it was supposed to feature Sonya) and it meant John Tobias' departure from Midway.

That being said, I'm OK with Tremor appearing on a new MK game, even if he's a terribly uninteresting character from an awful game. NRS has already proven they can make anything into an interesting character (see Skarlet, Rain, Ermac, etc) so, why not? Besides, gotta say, seeing him on the Vita's Challenge Tower was kinda refreshing and surprising.

But now, let's talk Sareena. She already has an interesting background:

- She's a demon, and we've never seen her demon form (maybe she can transform during a Fatality?).
- Her story is of defiance and failure, against Quan Chi in favor of Sub Zero and earthrealm... but that didn't end well at all.
- She was a love interest for original Sub Zero, and apparently had feelings for younger Sub Zero as well.
- She's hot.

Sareena.png

Anyway! My point is, I'm OK with Tremor, but DO NOT BASH MY SAREENA :p

Last edited:
Sareena..

They just replaced a few letters in Mileena name and made Sareena :rofl:

Midway, You're pitiful.

I think the music from MK:Mythologies is seriously under-rated. It's awesome. You can tell that whoever did the compositions really took the backgrounds into consideration. I think I'm just nostalgic about the whole game. I remember picking it up the day it came out not even knowing about it. I was like 6 or 7 years old and sub zero was my favorite character, so going to the video game store at the mall and seeing an MK game that I had never seen before behind the counter with the word Sub Zero on it was a huge deal to me. Despite the difficulty curve, my dad and I managed to beat it and we had a blast doing it. So yeah.. I have to say nostalgia plays a factor in my love for the game haha. i just remember getting Special Forces for 20 bucks at Toys R Us (I was also not expecting a new MK when I saw it) and taking it home and not at all knowing how to play it. it was awkward and looked awful. Obviously I didn't know any better when I that age, I just thought I sucked at the game. So I used GameShark to view the endings and never touched it again. Only later did I find out that it wasn't me that sucked, but the game. I remember thinking Tremor was cool though. just his look though. He was the only ninja in a game with no other ninjas. i hope if he returns they make him a nomad/assassin for hire type character who signs up with the black dragon.