Uh-Oh, negative review

I learned a long time ago not to take reviews as the gospel. They are inherently biased and most writers have questionable knowledge of the game (this especially true with fighting games). Official reviews are not any better since they are forced to cover as many games as possible, thus having little time to explore every facet of the game.

Considering hand-held devices are not as powerful as consoles of the same generation, the Vita version looks like a decent port, much better than all the hand-held versions games we had in the past...some which don't even play like the originals.

Last edited:
Exactly. On the subject of reviews, we will be posting our review of the game on the 1st after it's released.

We're also going to do a contest as well for some goodies we're giving away.

Someone on playfront gave the game 8.5/10.

You can read the review here, it was originally written in german and the translation isn't the best.

In my opinion the graphic look good and people have to keep in mind that developers are still learning the ropes on the power of the ps vita. Plus they had to keep in the 4gb limit as they don't have the 8gb cards yet. Pretty soon we will see better graphic games and I'm sure the next MK will be alot better by that time.

In my opinion the graphic look good and people have to keep in mind that developers are still learning the ropes on the power of the ps vita. Plus they had to keep in the 4gb limit as they don't have the 8gb cards yet. Pretty soon we will see better graphic games and I'm sure the next MK will be alot better by that time.

Correct the game limit is there, and MK kept room on their cards for saved game and patches so you don't require a memory card.

Who's writing the review? All due respect is it you?

"All due respect is it you?" That makes no sense, "All due respect" is usually followed by a possible insult like "All due respect, I hope it's not you."

Last edited:
Correct the game limit is there, and MK kept room on their cards for saved game and patches so you don't require a memory card.

"All due respect is it you?" That makes no sense, "All due respect" is usually followed by a possible insult like "All due respect, I hope it's not you."

LOL! I'm sure he wasn't against you writing the review.

Got it in one, I should have followed up on that. I don't trust your opinion considering a mass posting spree to coincide with the release of a new Mortal Kombat game.

You haven't really had a bad word to say about it and I am skeptical that your review would be unbiased. You would find reasoning behind the flaws in it further promoting the game without pointing out the actual, visible flaws. Saying the game doesn't look as good but its ok because its a handheld is the same as if comparing children's scribbles to that of a talented artist.

The graphics are not the main point in a game but when something is advertised as basically been nearly as good in quality as the console versions, when it is quite clearly not (i agree with the reviewer who said PS2 graphics, not PSP) its not cool.

I would honestly prefer and trust a review more from Ed Boon himself or from the official MK website.

But any way who is writing the review?

Mass posting spree before a new game? Yeah that's what is called covering the game and answering questions that fans have from an informed point of view. That's what I do here, on my site, that covers Mortal Kombat. So of course I'm also writing it, as I do most of the stuff here on the site. I know many other people who would like to hear my take on it, so those people are going to get it. If another staff member had a Vita, then we'd consider letting someone else review it but I'm the only one.

Not a bad word to say? Well that's because the review isn't allowed to be published yet. I can speak of what I played at Vita Hill and even admitted the graphics were not perfect but great for the console. You just don't like to read all of what I have to say.

But if you don't want my opinion, then don't read it but to go and to make allegations that I'm somehow on the take and being paid to do this, you are again (this is NOT your first time accusing me of this) very mistaken. WB doesn't pay me, NetherRealm doesn't pay me. If they did I wouldn't write for this site, I'd be working for them.

Luckily for you I'm not the only person reviewing the game, there will be a lot of reviews posted in the next day or two all over the internet.

Last edited:
Got it in one, I should have followed up on that. I don't trust your opinion considering a mass posting spree to coincide with the release of a new Mortal Kombat game.

He's the co-founder of this site dude. Of course he's going to post a lot before another MK game release :laugh:

Mass posting spree before a new game? Yeah that's what is called covering the game and answering questions that fans have from an informed point of view. That's what I do here, on my site, that covers Mortal Kombat. So of course I'm also writing it, as I do most of the stuff here on the site. I know many other people who would like to hear my take on it, so those people are going to get it. If another staff member had a Vita, then we'd consider letting someone else review it but I'm the only one.

Not a bad word to say? Well that's because the review isn't allowed to be published yet. I can speak of what I played at Vita Hill and even admitted the graphics were not perfect but great for the console. You just don't like to read all of what I have to say.

But if you don't want my opinion, then don't read it but to go and to make allegations that I'm somehow on the take and being paid to do this, you are again (this is NOT your first time accusing me of this) very mistaken. WB doesn't pay me, NetherRealm doesn't pay me. If they did I wouldn't write for this site, I'd be working for them.

Luckily for you I'm not the only person reviewing the game, there will be a lot of reviews posted in the next day or two all over the internet.
I dont think you get paid to do it at all but know for a fact you hold a totally biased opinion on the games for you own gain, example so you feel like your part of the developers scene and on good terms with the NRS team, which is a smart move, obviously considering you run an MK site. If you didnt you would end up been like TMK man. Yes people would want to hear your reviews but it doesnt defeat the object that it would be a biased review. What I dont trust is that its false and again your points you have made, add nothing or to disprove my belief you will write an biased review. You have just added to my beliefs im afraid. I dont think your the spawn of Satan or anything evil btw. Why arent you allowed to write a review? Your a fan site after all and some other places have reviewed the game already. Surely you cant get in to trouble for writing a review?

Last edited:
What I dont trust is that its false and again your points you have made, add nothing or to disprove my belief you will write an biased review. You have just added to my beliefs im afraid.

What have I said that is false?

I plan on talking about the good and bad things about MK on the Vita in my review. And I'm not at all concerned what people at NRS or WB will think of my review no matter if it's positive or negative.

If anything is going to bias me, it is having programmed games on the exact same hardware that the Vita runs on. My understanding of mobile platforms being a mobile applications and games developer is going to cause me to judge the game differently because I understand the hardware's capabilities. I'm not some uneducated kid on the internet who thinks all games should look like my PS3 games no matter if it's in my pocket or on my 60" HDTV set.

As I've said, continue to make your accusations and I'll continue to defend myself with facts, but it honestly sounds like you are just slinging mud for no good reason honestly.

What have I said that is false?

I plan on talking about the good and bad things about MK on the Vita in my review. And I'm not at all concerned what people at NRS or WB will think of my review no matter if it's positive or negative.

If anything is going to bias me, it is having programmed games on the exact same hardware that the Vita runs on. My understanding of mobile platforms being a mobile applications and games developer is going to cause me to judge the game differently because I understand the hardware's capabilities. I'm not some uneducated kid on the internet who thinks all games should look like my PS3 games no matter if it's in my pocket or on my 60" HDTV set.

As I've said, continue to make your accusations and I'll continue to defend myself with facts, but it honestly sounds like you are just slinging mud for no good reason honestly.
No im not slinging mud for no good reason, I just dont think its fair if you were to write a biased review aimed at potentially impressionable fans. Im by no means uneducated and do not expect the game to look the same. But what you say about not been able to publish the review yet indicates you have the game or infact had it for a few days now. Why arent you allowed to publish a review if you arent legally obliged not to or dont care nrs opinions? If you havent got the game fine, but if you have how did you obtain it and under what grounds? What I meant by false would be one of your reviews, as I appear to be slinging mud, you appear to be constantly reasoning NRS financial exploitation of fans. Whether it be reasons why MKAK audio is messed up or that its a good thing that umk3 skins etc are on the vita and not dlc whatever. Its just poor excuses and comes across if you dont have anything at all in any shape of form to do with nrs as free marketing for a company exploiting the consumer

Last edited:
But what you say about not been able to publish the review yet indicates you have the game or infact had it for a few days now. Why arent you allowed to publish a review if you arent legally obliged not to or dont care nrs opinions? If you havent got the game fine, but if you have how did you obtain it and under what grounds? What I meant by false would be one of your reviews

I do have the game. When a game reviewer is given a pre-release copy of a game they must adhere to an agreed upon press embargo which is May 1st for MK for the Vita. No rules are set on the review besides that you must not publish it before a certain date. No other site has released their reviews of this game yet either because of this embargo. Read about embargoes here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_embargo

If I had picked up the game from a local store, like the kid who posted his review in the first post, I could publish the review at any time no matter what.

I do have the game. When a game reviewer is given a pre-release copy of a game they must adhere to an agreed upon press embargo which is May 1st for MK for the Vita. No rules are set on the review besides that you must not publish it before a certain date. No other site has released their reviews of this game yet either because of this embargo. Read about embargoes here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_embargo

If I had picked up the game from a local store, like the kid who posted his review in the first post, I could publish the review at any time no matter what.
You could do it now but at the cost of anything else from NRS, solidifying my opinions on you motives. You get little things like early copys of the game, launch partys etc in exchange for free marketing. Fair play, I know other reviewers who do this stuff. Cant fault you there. I look forward to your review.