Uh-Oh, negative review

Everything looks so polygonal :/

It reminds me of like ps2 GTA graphics

Hopefully my friend will pick up this game for Vita since he brings his Vita to school a lot.

Then I can give a hands-on opinion.

Do what this guy doesn't do, and keep in mind this is a PORTABLE GAME SYSTEM the quality of the graphics chip is I'd say between an Xbox and a Xbox 360. It's the same graphics chip used in the just released iPad 3 actually. He's also not a professional game reviewer, that's not an official review from 1UP. Just a kid who thinks he can make a better game.

Everything looks so polygonal :/

It reminds me of like ps2 GTA graphics

Hopefully my friend will pick up this game for Vita since he brings his Vita to school a lot.

Then I can give a hands-on opinion.

You keep comparing the game to the PS3 version wanting that exact level of graphics, which is just not possible. NetherRealm delivered DETAILED graphics with detailed 3D backgrounds running at 60fps on a portable system, which I say is better than any other game.

You also say it's like PSP MK or PS2 MK. This is what MK looked like on the PSP:

mortal-kombat-deception-unchained-20060919044149366-000.jpg

That looks NOTHING like MK on the Vita.

vPQak.jpg

Also the more you play it, this kid has had it less than a day?, the more you realize that you are playing Mortal Kombat 9 on your Vita and you can take it anywhere.

Last edited:
You keep comparing the game to the PS3 version wanting that exact level of graphics, which is just not possible. NetherRealm delivered DETAILED graphics with detailed 3D backgrounds running at 60fps on a portable system, which I say is better than any other game.

You also say it's like PSP MK or PS2 MK. This is what MK looked like on the PSP:

No I'm not saying the base graphics of the characters are bad.

I'm saying that the shapes look a little geometric to me.

ih1PrJqJ64Drp.jpg

See how Shao Kahn's torso doesn't round out well?

No I'm not saying the graphics of the characters are bad.

I'm saying that the shapes look a little geometric to me.

ih1PrJqJ64Drp.jpg

See how Shao Kahn's torso doesn't round out well?

That's called lower resolution polygons. I heard the # of polys less in the characters on Vita, but I forget. They are in fact reduced from the console, which is to be expected. The characters and backgrounds were reduced to run at 60fps on the Vita.

Marvel Vs Capcom on the Vita doesn't have backgrounds, they are just single images that don't even animate. MK on the Vita at least has more dynamic backgrounds like it's console counterpart.

Again we're not on PS3 hardware here, we're on a mobile graphics chip that you hold in your hands and put in your pocket. Not a 10lb PS3 and LCD you have to carry around on a cart.

When the game is running at 60fps on the actual device, you don't notice the lack of polygons as easily.

When the game is running at 60fps on the actual device, you don't notice the lack of polygons as easily.

Well then the graphics should look great.

Cause that's the only thing that bothered me about that picture especially since I was never one to call out games because of the graphics.

I can still enjoy playing old games, no matter how they look.

Who really gives a shit what the graphics look like on the handheld

It's still ****ing Mortal Kombat on a handheld, isn't it

It's a handheld system and right now, the PSP Vita doesn't have a lot going for it [in my opinion] so I give a lot of "shit."

If I'm going to pay 250 dollars for a handheld, I expect to be delivered great quality and bang-for-my-buck in its games. It doesn't need to be perfect. I don't have high standards.

I just want to be able to play the game and be like "Hmm this is pretty nice-looking for a handheld!"

That's exactly the point. If they wanted it to look like the console version, they could have, but there is no way they could make it PLAY like it if it looked that good with this hardware. The goal of this game is to have Mortal Kombat you can put in your pocket and carry it anywhere to train and have it play as close as possible to the console version.

Kids these days with their unrealistic views of technology. This was my portable Mortal Kombat 20 years ago, and I LOVED it because it was amazing to take it with me anywhere.

It's a handheld system and right now, the PSP Vita doesn't have a lot going for it [in my opinion] so I give a lot of "shit."

If I'm going to pay 250 dollars for a handheld, I expect to be delivered great quality and bang-for-my-buck in its games.
Yeah but you have to realize that it literally has almost everything that the console version has and then some yet you can still take it anywhere you want to play with you. We're talking about just a handheld version, yet it has the whole console package. It even runs at 60 FPS. The fact that the only compromises are that the graphics are a little rough around the edges (which shouldn't seriously hinder your enjoyment of the game) and no King of the Hill (I think?) is a pretty incredible feat within itself. So, I don't know about you, but to me, that would justify the money I spend getting the console and the game

You gotta see the bigger picture here, my man

If I'm going to pay 250 dollars for a handheld, I expect to be delivered great quality and bang-for-my-buck in its games. It doesn't need to be perfect. I don't have high standards.

I just want to be able to play the game and be like "Hmm this is pretty nice-looking for a handheld!"

Then that is what you are getting here, but yet you are claiming it looks like shit and it's not of high quality. So sounds like you do have high standards.

The Vita is the best system for portable gaming where you have real controls. Hands down. As MO said, it has the entire console game in the Vita version for $40 and you can take it with you. Trust me when I say, it plays JUST like the console version.

Well see you posted like you didn't care about graphics AT ALL.

You sounded like "Hey it's MK9 on a handheld. That makes it worth buying by itself. **** graphics."

MK9 on a handheld is not enough to make me spend $250 [More than the cost of four brand-new Xbox 360 games]. PLUS the cost of the MK9 Vita game.

But Pat knows a hell of a lot more on game schematics than I do so I'm trusting what he says.

If getting the whole console package of MK9 plus some extra content on a handheld isn't enough for you, then how exactly would just having better graphics/less polygonal-looking stuff justify getting it? That's what I'm not getting at all from you

I saw that review.That guy was a jerk i mean he didnt even talk about the game.Just the graphics what a joke.The game looks very good and we gotta support and stand by netherealms side for doing to us which wasa fan service

If getting the whole console package of MK9 plus some extra content on a handheld isn't enough for you, then how exactly would just having better graphics/less polygonal-looking stuff justify getting it? That's what I'm not getting at all from you

I already have MK9 for Xbox 360 and I'm not traveling to many places so if I'm at home, I'll obviously play MK9 on my Xbox even if I had MK Vita.

So what I'm saying is that since MK Vita is not a whole new unique game for Vita only, I would only be playing it on the go. I already have a PSP for on-the-go gameplay so I'll need more than just "Portable MK9+" to upgrade to a Vita.

But like I said before I'm taking Patrick's word, so MK Vita is worth the purchase for a die-hard MK fan or someone who travels a lot.

I'm not saying "Oh gawd this is bad, no one get this game." I'm saying that it's not enough for my purchase BUT when Vita comes out with some interesting games, MK Vita will be on my list because Pat said the graphics look better than those screenshots.

I'm not speaking for everyone, I'm speaking for myself.

... Wasn't saying that you said it would be bad or that you were speaking for everyone. I'm asking what would better graphics do for you than an extra Challenge Tower, new costumes, etc. doesn't do for you. I'm asking you why you feel the way you do about that

... Wasn't saying that you said it would be bad or that you were speaking for everyone. I'm asking what would better graphics do for you than an extra Challenge Tower, new costumes, etc. doesn't do for you. I'm asking you why you feel the way you do about that

-I never liked the original challenge tower so a bigger one doesn't appeal to me

-I could care less for classic costumes but I do like that completely new ones are being added

So I need more than some costumes and augmented reality.

-I never liked the original challenge tower so a bigger one doesn't appeal to me

-I could care less for classic costumes but I do like that completely new ones are being added

So I need more than some costumes and augmented reality.

That "Augmented Reality" is not really a feature at all, it's an easter egg and isn't Augmented Reality at all actually. It's unfair to call it that. It's simply fighting over the camera background.

You just need to realize that this is just a portable version of MK9. If you want that, then buy it, if you don't have a need for a portable version of the game, then it's not for you.