Uh-Oh, negative review

You could do it now but at the cost of anything else from NRS, solidifying my opinions on you motives.

While it is true I could post it right now, I would likely get sued or blacklisted from WB and NetherRealm because of us failing to adhere to agreed upon terms of the pre-release copy. That is not in TRMK's best interests for us to do that. By us posting our review early it could harm their relationship with other outlets who may have an agreed upon in advance early publication agreement for their review.

If you have such a problem with my motives, then why are you still here? Go elsewhere, but as you'll see no other MK site is publishing their review either because they also got pre-release copies of the game and are embargoed until tomorrow.

You get little things like early copys of the game

This is in fact 100% incorrect, this is in fact the only early copy of a game we've ever gotten from NetherRealm or Warner Bros. And we only received one game early from Midway, that was the PSP version of Midway Arcade Classics.

While it is true I could post it right now, I would likely get sued or blacklisted from WB and NetherRealm because of us failing to adhere to agreed upon terms of the pre-release copy. That is not in TRMK's best interests for us to do that. By us posting our review early it could harm their relationship with other outlets who may have an agreed upon in advance early publication agreement for their review.

If you have such a problem with my motives, then why are you still here? Go elsewhere, but as you'll see no other MK site is publishing their review either because they also got pre-release copies of the game and are embargoed until tomorrow.

This is in fact 100% incorrect, this is in fact the only early copy of a game we've ever gotten from NetherRealm or Warner Bros. And we only received one game early from Midway, that was the PSP version of Midway Arcade Classics.

yeah patrick! tell em man tell him! lol

We felt it was in our site's best interest to serve the fans and to go ahead and agree to getting an early copy of the game so we could get a review out on release day, May 1st. There was no other way to have a review ready on release day for our readers.

Dedamn666 what is your beef dude? lol

All reviews are opinions supported by facts.

You take it or you leave it. If your a graphics whore, you would obviously go listen to a reviewer who is also a graphics whore. If you are someone who can understand the downgrade needed because it's a hand held then you can listen to pat's review.

Someone like me cares about "feel" and "movement" more than graphics. Because i'd want the 60fps BECAUSE THE PS3 and XBOX360 have 60fps. Every frame counts, when you're trying to play competitively, and the feel matters big. So I would obviously care about another competitive player's review. Probably someone who plays skarlet, or Kabal. Dem technical characters.

We'll know tomorrow if this port sucks or not, I won't shy away from sh*tting on it if it does suck. Bear in mind that the gameplay is the most important factor to me.

We'll know tomorrow if this port sucks or not, I won't shy away from sh*tting on it if it does suck. Bear in mind that the gameplay is the most important factor to me.

Yeah, I'll look forward to your 2 cents. I know you're somewhat of a competitive player no?

That's exactly the point. If they wanted it to look like the console version, they could have, but there is no way they could make it PLAY like it if it looked that good with this hardware. The goal of this game is to have Mortal Kombat you can put in your pocket and carry it anywhere to train and have it play as close as possible to the console version.

Kids these days with their unrealistic views of technology. This was my portable Mortal Kombat 20 years ago, and I LOVED it because it was amazing to take it with me anywhere.

Whoamygod! Thanks for the flashback! I forgot that I rented this for my brother's Gameboy. Yes...you could rent Gameboy games! Lol Sub-Zero's fatality on the GB version is amazing!

No im not slinging mud for no good reason, I just dont think its fair if you were to write a biased review aimed at potentially impressionable fans. Im by no means uneducated and do not expect the game to look the same. But what you say about not been able to publish the review yet indicates you have the game or infact had it for a few days now. Why arent you allowed to publish a review if you arent legally obliged not to or dont care nrs opinions? If you havent got the game fine, but if you have how did you obtain it and under what grounds? What I meant by false would be one of your reviews, as I appear to be slinging mud, you appear to be constantly reasoning NRS financial exploitation of fans. Whether it be reasons why MKAK audio is messed up or that its a good thing that umk3 skins etc are on the vita and not dlc whatever. Its just poor excuses and comes across if you dont have anything at all in any shape of form to do with nrs as free marketing for a company exploiting the consumer

Jesus Christ, Pat hasn't even posted the review yet. Maybe you should just cool your jets and wait for the review before throwing around monkey poo?

Jesus Christ, Pat hasn't even posted the review yet.

I know right?! Oh crap I knew I forgot to do something!

I'm still not done with it actually. This is taking FOR-EV-ER. I'm surprised it is as long as it is right now honestly.

If you have such a problem with my motives, then why are you still here? Go elsewhere

I do go elsewhere thank you very much. Other places also usually offer a trust worthy source of information

Erm no that isnt one hundred percent correct now is it considering you have received free copies of a game

Dedamn666 what is your beef dude? lol

All reviews are opinions supported by facts.

You take it or you leave it. If your a graphics whore, you would obviously go listen to a reviewer who is also a graphics whore. If you are someone who can understand the downgrade needed because it's a hand held then you can listen to pat's review.

Someone like me cares about "feel" and "movement" more than graphics. Because i'd want the 60fps BECAUSE THE PS3 and XBOX360 have 60fps. Every frame counts, when you're trying to play competitively, and the feel matters big. So I would obviously care about another competitive player's review. Probably someone who plays skarlet, or Kabal. Dem technical characters.

All reviews are not opinions sorted by facts. Remember Driver 2? I recall a huge backlash against the game and talk of agreements for reviewers to write good reviews. It happens a lot. Reviews can influence sales, its the whole point.

Im also not a graphic whore and care about the movement totally. I would consider this to practice on as i enjoy playing MK.

My beef is i have seen reasoning in certain editorials and posts that over the past year seem to find excuses, not reasons to why things haven't happened or come out the way they have. The only reason is lack of respect to a fan base from the developers, through lazy development or adding new pointless features ala skins to influence 2nd purchases of literally the same game code again, offering no cross console options (ala SFXTekken, thats kind of worse mind lol).

With another game NRS/Other Ocean did they released a patched version in the EU before the patch went live in the US, which i have no doubt in my mind was to squeeze as much money out of a possible second purchase from fanboy's like myself. In a slight review things were said to be fixed but were not, also influencing sales.

Again my beef is finding excuses for why this stuff happens. Gameplay is the most important factor but all in all i will not trust a review from this site again.

My opinion and im entitled to it.

Last edited:
Seems like you're still butthurt over MKAK despite Pat explaining numerous times (as both someone familiar with programming and as someone with connections to NRS) why things were they way they are, only to have you just continue with your BAWWWWW'ing since it wasn't the explanation you wanted to hear.

Now I expect you're already feverishly banging away at a reply accusing me of kissing up to Pat, and yes I've known him online for years. I've also never known him to pull any punches reviewing an MK game. Look in the archives around TRMK, there's been ports that have frankly sucked ass and he's called them out on it. In fact, I'm pretty sure there has been occasions where he pissed off someone at Midway with his opinions on past MK games. However no reviewer is going to break an embargo, that's just not how the deal works. Reviewers get copies early so they can have their write-ups ready for release day to educate their readers who may be on the fence about a day one purchase. If they had to wait until everyone else to get their copy, their reviews would come days if not weeks after release and that wouldn't benefit the reader at all.

Bottom line, living up to an agreement doesn't mean Pat or any other reviewer is a paid shill. It's just how the world works. Besides, paid-for reviewers are usually very easy to spot. Their reviews either are noticeably rosy for a game that others shat on, or it glosses over obvious flaws and trumpets any tiny positives the reviewer can find. Or my favorite tell, when you see a variation on "I never play this genre of game, but golly gee I really love this game". That's usually a hint some favors have been traded.

I expect the forthcoming TRMK review to point out the positives and negatives and lay both of them out. However, I think a lot of people are going in to this game and the Vita in general with unrealistic expectations. Part of this is Sony's fault, since they seem to be pushing it as if it was a portable PS3. Actually it's more like a mini 3rd gen iPad with actual button controls, and while it will probably feature the best graphics ever seen on a handheld, it won't look like a 360 or PS3 and that will disappoint some people. I have a feeling anyone who doesn't hammer any Vita game on graphics will get called a shill by those who don't understand.

Seems like you're still butthurt over MKAK despite Pat explaining numerous times (as both someone familiar with programming and as someone with connections to NRS) why things were they way they are, only to have you just continue with your BAWWWWW'ing since it wasn't the explanation you wanted to hear.
Explaining how the audio files are dumped in the game or the cost/process it takes to fix, doesnt make things acceptable, just point out the fact hes a programmer stating the obvious. When a fan patches the game in 30 mins it invalidates his reasoning. I knew the term butthurt would be brought up. Its a shame people take this kind of stuff. He had been called out on false information and was "feverishly banging away" to get a response or reason. Basically saying im a programmer you know nothing, isnt an excuse.

I dont think you have anything to do with programming but you appear to know alot about everything.

Now I expect you're already feverishly banging away at a reply accusing me of kissing up to Pat, and yes I've known him online for years. I've also never known him to pull any punches reviewing an MK game. Look in the archives around TRMK, there's been ports that have frankly sucked ass and he's called them out on it. In fact, I'm pretty sure there has been occasions where he pissed off someone at Midway with his opinions on past MK games. However no reviewer is going to break an embargo, that's just not how the deal works. Reviewers get copies early so they can have their write-ups ready for release day to educate their readers who may be on the fence about a day one purchase. If they had to wait until everyone else to get their copy, their reviews would come days if not weeks after release and that wouldn't benefit the reader at all.

Bottom line, living up to an agreement doesn't mean Pat or any other reviewer is a paid shill. It's just how the world works. Besides, paid-for reviewers are usually very easy to spot. Their reviews either are noticeably rosy for a game that others shat on, or it glosses over obvious flaws and trumpets any tiny positives the reviewer can find. Or my favorite tell, when you see a variation on "I never play this genre of game, but golly gee I really love this game". That's usually a hint some favors have been traded.

I expect the forthcoming TRMK review to point out the positives and negatives and lay both of them out. However, I think a lot of people are going in to this game and the Vita in general with unrealistic expectations. Part of this is Sony's fault, since they seem to be pushing it as if it was a portable PS3. Actually it's more like a mini 3rd gen iPad with actual button controls, and while it will probably feature the best graphics ever seen on a handheld, it won't look like a 360 or PS3 and that will disappoint some people. I have a feeling anyone who doesn't hammer any Vita game on graphics will get called a shill by those who don't understand

Yes i can understand that, I also understand the graphics will take a hit. As i am "butthurt" over the MKAK thing as false information was provided i have a justified right to be skeptical about any reviews that are posted on here. Granted i was wrong to question breaking his agreement.

Also your wrong, im not going to go on about you kissing up to Pat, it has nothing to do with anything and im not arguing with you over it.

Where are these reviews he calls midway out on? Are you referring to the forum or in the features section on the front page? If it is the front page, the only negative critiscm i can find whilst scan reading is create a fatality. Oh and Midway Arcade Treasures 2 getting 9/10 the other pre release title they got. The ports of all the games on that particular release were lacklustre

Last edited:
yes well a review is suppose to be opinions supported by "facts"

If someone lies to you well they lie to you. They deviated form what it's "suppose" to be.

Explaining WHY something is a certain way, isn't auto-defending it.

It's like when people ask Ron paul if he'd back out if IRan had a nuke. Then since he said he would they say "Well then he obviously wants them to have one"

NO he doesn't want them to have one, but he understand WHY they would want one.

Understanding why something happens, and living with it. Does NOT MEAN you endorse it.

If pat explained why something happened, and lived with the glitches. It doesn't mean he thinks it's ok for a game to have glitches cuz it's "MK"

If you don't care about his review then you probably should've stopped posting about it a while back... As far as I know you're not changing anyones mind on reading his review lol

I will say, from screen shots I've seen, Kitana's elbows look WAY too pointy.

I give the game a 2/10 for this reason alone. Would not bang MK Vita. Granted, even if I did, the hole in the middle of the disc is still too big for my minuscule penis to even feel a thing.

I will say, from screen shots I've seen, Kitana's elbows look WAY too pointy.

I give the game a 2/10 for this reason alone. Would not bang MK Vita. Granted, even if I did, the hole in the middle of the disc is still too big for my minuscule penis to even feel a thing.

LOL

(PS: it's not a disc, no hole to bang)

LOL