The Avengers Movie

I saw the Avengers movie recently. It was good, but hugely overrated. Some people I know have been on about it like it's the greatest movie since Citizen Kane, when really, it was just a very decent superhero/comic book inspired movie. Which doesn't really say a lot, since most superhero/comic book movies aren't very good. It did make me watch Thor afterwards though.

Some people I know have been on about it like it's the greatest movie since Citizen Kane, when really, it was just a very decent superhero/comic book inspired movie.

Someone who has actually seen Citizen Kane said the Avengers was that good? I call shenanigans.

I saw the Avengers movie recently. It was good, but hugely overrated. Some people I know have been on about it like it's the greatest movie since Citizen Kane, when really, it was just a very decent superhero/comic book inspired movie. Which doesn't really say a lot, since most superhero/comic book movies aren't very good. It did make me watch Thor afterwards though.

I agree, I think the fact that superhero movies have sort of a history of being very average or bad, since the Avengers was actually somewhat above average, people are overhyping it.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the movie, but this wasn't EPIC movie proportions. I also think Titanic and Avatar didn't deserve as much gross as they got, but hey people like what people like.

I will argue to death SSBM/Starcraft Brood war are the best games for competitive play, but not everyone likes these 2 games. Yet I can't understand the hype behind LoL.

I agree, I think the fact that superhero movies have sort of a history of being very average or bad, since the Avengers was actually somewhat above average, people are overhyping it.

I think what made the movie click was that each of the main heroes had a movie backing them and the hype built up over a very long period of time, almost 5 yrs I think since there were teasers indicating that we may get an avengers movie. Similar movies such as the Xmen series, Watchmen too had super heroes teaming up but they didn't have super heroes that had a well fleshed out background and good fan base.

Anyways there were a couple of good jokes that seems to have been missed by most, I was like the only one who erupted in laughter in my second viewing in an otherwise mildly funny scene. Its when they capture Loki and start discussing on what he is upto and Iron man enters sees Thor and goes like

''No hard feelings Point Break, you got a mean swing.''
+1 to whoever can get that reference :rofl:.

This?

MV5BMTIwNTk1MTgxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODI4NDUzMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR9,0,214,317_.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^ It's like a drama film that came out in like the 40s. It was made by Orson Welles

A lot of people out there consider it to be one of the greatest if not the greatest movie ever made

It really is an awesome movie but I have to agree with this post.

Out of all the superhero movies, it was one of the best (TDK is the best <3), but people are treating it like no other movie could ever be better. Overrated, hell yes. Great movie, absolutely.