Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal

Ahead of its unveiling on GTTV, host Geoff Keighley has confirmed the game will be the first title from start-up indie developer SuperBot Entertainment.

''Tune in for wall to wall gameplay footage as we take you inside the development of this new game that will definitely be the talk of the internet," he teased in a promo for the show.

Keighley also confirmed that one of the show's interviewees is SuperBot director Omar Kendall. According to The Verge, Kendall was formerly a designer on the UFC series, the Backyard Wrestling franchise, and X-Men: Next Dimension, all of which are fighters.

The next great PlayStation 3 exclusive is set to be revealed on Thursday

Yakuza (Ryu ga gotoku, whatever you want to call it) is a ps3 exclusive game, though. I don't think Bayonetta will get in, but hey, Snake was in SSB.

Yakuza is owned by Sega. Sony has no rights to the game. It doesn't matter that it's exclusive. It matters with the creators. Same with Bayonetta. Not owned by Sony at all. Snake was lent to Nintendo by Kojima also because there good relationship. Samething with Sonic being in Smash. So no use hoping for something so pointless. Not to mention the thought of this game makes me want to puke, and I don't want someone like Kiryu looking like a dumbass by being put into this game.

You said it was "the same thing with Sonic". I'm just saying that it wasn't exactly the same thing because Snake got in solely because Sakurai and Kojima are friends; there was more to how Sonic got in Brawl than just that

They'll put James Bond in it before non-Sony characters...
If they do add characters that don't belong to Sony, Altair and Cloud Strife would be great additions.

I'm not really that interested in the game myself, but I will check it out once someone I know get's it (I don't have a PS3 myself). Unfortunately though the only character I am excited for is Sweet Tooth. I love Kratos too, but I didn't enjoy playing as him in MK9 when I did. I'll see how I feel once more info leaks.

My wishlist:
Kitana (MK)
Jade (MK)
Mileena (MK)
Sindel (MK)
Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw)
Rayne (Bloodrayne)

I expected Kratos to be here btw. ;-)

If none of the characters I want are in this game, I'll go ahead and play as Nariko. I also hope thet gir,l Rubi from "Wet" makes it in the roster.

You said it was "the same thing with Sonic". I'm just saying that it wasn't exactly the same thing because Snake got in solely because Sakurai and Kojima are friends; there was more to how Sonic got in Brawl than just that

Not really different. Sega is in good with Nintendo and they had business deals going on around that time. So it's not really "different".

Again, I'm not saying that the relationship between Sega and Ninty didn't have a hand in Sonic getting in Brawl. I'm not disagreeing with that at all. I'm just saying the crazy demand for Sonic is what ultimately got him in; he wouldn't have even been seriously considered if it weren't for that. Snake wasn't really a requested character at all, he was going to get in regardless since Kojima has wanted Snake in Smash since Melee. So, it's not really the same thing because of that. At least that's how I see it, I guess. You pickin up what I'm puttin down?

Last edited:
garycoleman-wtf.gif

Da fuq was.... why did you... what was...

uh_wtf_gif1.gif

WAT

Shira, if you don't get you and yo crooked ass eyes on somewhere :lol:

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale will feature a cast of characters from the brand's 18 years in the gaming industry, and I played it using a restricted selection of combatants.

Sony unveiled Kratos, Sly Cooper, Parappa the Rapper, Fat Princess, Sweet Tooth, and Killzone's Colonel Radec as playable characters. Four stages were available, including Hades (God of War), Sandover Village (Jak & Daxter), Dreamscape (LittleBigPlanet), and Metropolis (Ratchet & Clank). Unlike the singularly focused stages of Super Smash Bros., most of these stages eventually morph to showcase trademarks from another Playstation series.

Hades is set in the Underworld, with the namesake god performing shockwave attacks on the playing field. The background eventually shifts to a Patapon stage, and the dancing creatures begin throwing spears at players. The grassy islands of Sandover Village are visited by golfers from Hot Shots at certain points in the round, and they begin showering golf balls from the sky. Metropolis is a futuristic city that features an appearance from Captain Qwark. His visit is cut short thanks to the Hydra from God of War, who bursts up through the stage and sends the bumbling superhero flying. Dreamscape feels different than the other stages, as it's set in the level editor of LittleBigPlanet. You see Pop-It bubbles and creation elements spring up throughout the fight, which creates different platforms to battle on. Keeping with the hybrid stage theme, it eventually turns into an impromptu game of Buzz! Quiz. A Playstation-related question appears on the screen, and the fighters have to stand on the platform that corresponds with the correct answer to avoid taking damage.

Like Smash Bros., each character has a variety of moves accessed via a directional input in conjunction with an attack button (square, circle, or triangle). Every character has approximately two dozen attacks in their arsenal, and they vary wildly. Kratos has his trademark blades, Radec stays at range with his sniper rifle and other guns, Sweet Tooth controls space with land mines, and Parappa relies on the karate moves he picked up from Chop Chop Master Onion.

None of this really strays from the Smash Bros. formula, but the scoring method has notable differences. Attacking foes fills an AP bar at the bottom of the screen, which grants three levels of a super attack once filled. You can attack an opponent all day, but the only way you'll actually score a point is if you KO them with a super attack. Level one attacks are usually limited, such as Parappa's spin kick. Once you get to level three, however, you're almost guaranteed a couple of points with screen-clearing attacks. Parappa breaks into a rap performance that annihilates nearby opponents, while Sweet Tooth transforms into his robot form for an insane damage boost.

Considering the importance of super attacks, managing your AP becomes the focus. Items like rocket launchers and the Spear of Destiny from God of War will occasionally drop onto the battlefield, and they can be used to reduce the super meter of opponents. AP orbs can be granted by certain moves, such as Parappa's Boxy Boy boombox ability.

gameinformer

ifLGLb2mSKAve.gif

ibpM2r1wrGRxGK.gif

iXRI8dwY06WDo.gif

Honestly, besides some of the characters and the stages, this game kinda looks like ass to me :?

Last edited: