Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal

well it doesnt look as bad as I thought it was going to at least. Reminds me of SSB except with health bars.

But still, it looks kinda cheap. It must be the excessive glowing characters and how the camera is zoomed out so far. I'm sure it wont be horrible, so I'll probably rent it cause I'm such a fan of SSB and this doesnt seem to stray too far.

Last edited:
No, I don't think so, you have to defeat your opponents by using your super meter to do super moves (there's three types- Level 1, 2 and 3)

I think I've pinpointed some of the problems I'm having with this game:

1. Don't like how the camera is all zoomed out. The characters are already kinda small so that makes it kinda hard to see all the attacks and know what's going on. Also, I'm a person who likes to see the action up close and personal, so... yeah

2. I really don't like how you can only KO with the super moves. I mean, I like options; I don't wanna be forced to always build up my meter when I want to KO someone. It would be like playing a Smash game where only Final Smashes kill the opponents. It seems like the gameplay revolves too much around the meter and if true, that may seriously hinder my enjoyment of the game

3. The stage gimmicks. Now, the whole idea behind the Buzz! remote is pretty cool, IMO. But the problem I have with that is that it's on a LBP stage....

This is where I feel like they're trying a bit too hard with the whole "fan service/crossover/nostalgia" element of the game. I definitely appreciate that Superbot is trying to include a bunch of fan service in the game, but I feel like they're doing it the wrong way with this kind of stuff. What does LBP even have to do with Buzz? In a game like this, when I pick a certain stage, I want to play it because of the feel and charm of that stage. I want to play on it knowing that I'm playing on a LBP stage, not a LBP stage with a shitload of random references to other completely different PlayStation series. When they do that kind of stuff, IMHO, it kills the charm and authenticity (and possibly the nostalgia that I might experience) of that particular stage.

Put it to you this way: it would be the same thing as playing on a Donkey Kong stage in Smash only to see a bunch of Arwings (from the Star Fox games) fly around and shoot up shit. If they were gonna do something like that, they should at least do it in moderation for two seperate series that actually share SOME similarities and connections with each other (like, uhhh, Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank, maybe?). Stuff like this isn't helping my concerns of this not being much more than a gimmicky cluster**** of all the Sony characters and series we've come to know over the years

4. Overall, I just feel like there's something missing from the game. Like, the idea of seeing Parappa, Sweet Tooth, Radec, Sly, etc. all in one game is cool and all, but it just doesn't captivate me like the idea of characters like Mario, Link, Fox, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, and Samus coming together to fight and throw Green Shells at each other and all that kind of stuff

Maybe I'm just comparing this to Smash too much. But how can I not when it basically is Sony's answer to Super Smash Bros? Either way, there's just something about this that just isn't exciting me. I'll probably still end up at least renting this, though

Last edited:
damn, you hit the nail on the head with that Metal. There was something bugging me about the game too. The way its zoomed out so much makes it look kinda cheap and bad. It looks like a game you buy for $10 on PSN. And the worlds colliding thing is stupid.

I mean I'm a nintendo fan and all, but unlike alot of them all over the internet right now, the fact that they are copying SSB is not what I'm even mad about. Hell it doesnt even look like they did a good job trying to copy SSB. It's as if they are going for the right idea, then adding other elements that just suck and no one wants. If they straight up made the game almost exactly like SSB except Sony stuff, I'd roll my eyes and continue to make fun of how unoriginal Sony is, but I'd still play the shit out of the game cause it would be good. But something just isnt clicking with this game. It doesnt look as bad as I thought, but something is missing.

Last edited:
If it gets good reviews or a lot of fans liking it, then I'll buy it because there's no way I'm dishing out for a Wii U so I can play the next Smash Bros.

imma stay optimistic for this game considering that some people who worked on the mk9 engine are working on this game. i also heard Maj and Ed Ma are also working on it as well

Looks pretty interesting, but the fact that its being released around the same time as Tag Tournament 2 doesn't help its cause.

Looks pretty interesting, but the fact that its being released around the same time as Tag Tournament 2 doesn't help its cause.

something in my gut tells me that they may delay it inevitably it just seems to soon after it was officially announced but it would be pretty smart if they did though

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Seems like it could be good, but from a party game perspective half the fun of Smash Bros was screwing around trying to humorously knock your opponent off of the arena - which is not something that can happen here.

dont' trash it til you try it. Most people's reactions are "It's not enough like Smash" then "It's too much like smash"

I say let them try what they are doing. If it sucks it will show. I just hope level hazards aren't ridiculous.