IDK why but i lose respect to anyone who

ENIGMA86

idk why but i lose respect to anyone who pull a fatality on me....fatality is just a waste of time after seeing it for so many times....i've never do a fatality on anyone to be honest...i know that fatality is part of what make MK popular,,but after seeing it over and over and over for so many times,,i grew tire of it lol...when someone challenge me,,i usually pick a character that i'm still practicing for our first match..and if that person win and do a fatality on me,,i play like a douche bag with my main the following match...just me or does anyone here feel the same way too? anyone feel like your opponent disrespect you when they pull a fatality on you? idk maybe it's just me...good players that i've face online hardly ever pull any fatality...

Were you around in the 90s, when Fatalities were at their peak, and a special attraction? Babalities? Friendships? Animalities?

If you want a fighter without Fatalities, then play Street Fighter. That's the game MK 2011 tried to be, anyway.

Were you around in the 90s, when Fatalities were at their peak, and a special attraction? Babalities? Friendships? Animalities?

If you want a fighter without Fatalities, then play Street Fighter. That's the game MK 2011 tried to be, anyway.

I was around back then, and Fatalities were cool, but a lot of the fun behind them was more about finding new ones and showing off since the game didn't tell you what they were and there was no internet. I wish Netherrealm had done the same with this game. Yeah, the internet would've made it so we all knew them within an hour of their discovery, but it still would've added some fun.

Even back then, they got old, and a lot of us don't play this game because of the finishing shit. I seriously like MK a lot more than the newer SF games, and that's solely from a gameplay perspective. I don't wanna waste several seconds watching something I've already seen several times when I could be playing. Hell, if you wanna see a Fatality, just search youtube.

i would repsect them more if they did a fatality because it would like show theyre more of a true mk fan. if you dont like to do fatalities or to have them done to you then i see you as an odd mk fan, plus you probably dont like losing either. its just part of the game.

i like to do it with shang and sheeva....cause there are not many players online who play with them....and in KOTH i do it sometimes :)

The only time I rage at fatalities is if I'm fighting someone using cheap tactics and they kick my ass due to the amount of alcohol in my blood :p but seriously, if someone beats me and it's a good match (no shittalking) I take my hat off to them for pulling off a sweet fatality.

This is Mortal Kombat.
I do fatalities against friends and strangers alike.
It's part of the game.
Saying that you lose respect for people who perform a fatality in the MK Kommunity is like saying that you hate your car for being able to make right turns.
If your going to get mad when people do fatalities on you, then just stay offline.
9 out of 10 times, when you fight someone online, they'll do a fatality on you.

Fatalitys rule. I think theres some strange mentality going around with some people that they shouldnt be done. This obviously comes from people watching tournament play , where to be honest they shouldnt be done until the last match simply for time restraints. When your online in player matches or ranked seriously no one should give a shit if they do it or not. Its MK, they have Fatalitys, simple as.

I understand playing online for practice and some people want to be the best but copying what pros do in a casual environment is utterly retarded. Theres no time restraints and the fatalitys never get old for me. Its the ultimate screw you i beat you thing. Funny thing is some of the winning poses are as long as the fatalitys. Well thats not true but id sooner some one rip my had off instead of reptile licking my screen towards him.

I only do a fatality if it's actually cool like Stryker's.

I've seen Mileena's Be Mine so many times that I hardly use it unless I'm in the mood to see her rub the blood on her body ;)

I don't rage at fatalities but I dislike their use-age as a time waster.

I don't care about the act itself. I just care about not wasting time and being productive. And fatalities are the opposite of productive.

Given the fact that Fatalities don't have a real impact on the outcome on the match, I see no point in using them all the time, especially if I seen them for the 100th time. If it wasn't for my desire to collect trophies, I would have stopped using them a long time ago.

Nevertheless, fatalities are part of the game, so I won't lose respect for anybody who decides to use them. Nobody has the right to dictate how people should play the game.

Fatalities are a total time-waster and I do assume if one is done on me that the player is probably an overly-hyped up teen raging against their hormones. They are a part of the game, but a year on we've seen them all so many times, they just aren't that impressive.

Suggesting that MK is all about the fatalities is doing a disservice to the actual fight, that's what I'm here for, not the cutscene.

If you don't want to see a Fatality, then don't lose a fight online. Otherwise, suck it up, and remember what game you're playing.

We've all seen teleport punches, ice freezes, grenades, shadow kicks, hat throws and spear throws for a year too. That doesn't mean people should stop performing those maneuvers. Its part of the game; get over it.

i would repsect them more if they did a fatality because it would like show theyre more of a true mk fan. if you dont like to do fatalities or to have them done to you then i see you as an odd mk fan, plus you probably dont like losing either. its just part of the game.

This is Mortal Kombat.
I do fatalities against friends and strangers alike.
It's part of the game.
Saying that you lose respect for people who perform a fatality in the MK Kommunity is like saying that you hate your car for being able to make right turns.
If your going to get mad when people do fatalities on you, then just stay offline.
9 out of 10 times, when you fight someone online, they'll do a fatality on you.

If you don't want to see a Fatality, then don't lose a fight online. Otherwise, suck it up, and remember what game you're playing.

We've all seen teleport punches, ice freezes, grenades, shadow kicks, hat throws and spear throws for a year too. That doesn't mean people should stop performing those maneuvers. Its part of the game; get over it.

Quoted for truth guys. I agree with them 100% percent. What do you hope to accomplish OP?

I don't lose respect for the player, but it's more like why waste time showing me something that I've seen like a million times.

Just because you do a fatality doesn't mean you're a true MK fan because I never do fatalities when ever I win. Mainly because I'm ready for the next match.

Babalities on the other hand are unsportsmanlike, that's when I lose respect for the other player.

Just because you do a fatality doesn't mean you're a true MK fan

That was never implied.

Babalities on the other hand are unsportsmanlike, that's when I lose respect for the other player.

Depends who you play against.
If you fight against some douche who does a Tea-bag move, then does a babality, then I see your point.
If a friend of mine does a babality to me online, I just see it as a joke

Last edited:

Yeah, because special moves don't actually mean the difference between winning and losing a match, just like Fatalities.

I do think it's a bit much to "lose respect" for someone who does one, but I can see you getting bored/annoyed because of it.