IDK why but i lose respect to anyone who

I don't do them every time though.

I do them about 65% to 75% of the time that I win online (which isn't very often :laugh: because I suck), but I'll also change it up and do stage fatalities, depending on what stage I'm fighting.
Chances are that when I play online I'll choose a different character each time anyways, to spice things up. ;-)

When I play Stryker and I have a full X Ray at the end of the match :laugh:

If my opponent is a dick I jump around like an idiot when it says finish him.

Then right before they fall I do his X Ray.

Match takes like 5 hours to end :proud:

Many of you posting in this thread are the very reason the MK community has such a negative rep and possibly why so many people stopped playing, so grats for that, you're great. I'm not just referring to your attitude to fatalities, but your whole attitude to other players you've never met online.

I still play online and I still enjoy MK, in spite of meeting more unpleasant players than in any other online game I've played, this is not an achievement gentlemen.

Many of you posting in this thread are the very reason the MK community has such a negative rep and possibly why so many people stopped playing, so grats for that, you're great. I'm not just referring to your attitude to fatalities, but your whole attitude to other players you've never met online.

I still play online and I still enjoy MK, in spite of meeting more unpleasant players than in any other online game I've played, this is not an achievement gentlemen.

I completely and fully agree with you, dude. Mk has the worst community and it's the stuff mentioned above that made me bow out of the online component entirely.

Fatalities at this point are pointless.. Unless it's a good match between friends it's just a way to rub your victory in the other players face. After a great match with a player I expect and anticipate that the next match will come soon, so when I am fatalitied it's frustrating. It just feels like a smack in the face sometimes.

Let me refer to bbblp's earlier post.. I just now saw it and realized I'm saying the same thing as him :

I wouldn't be pissed at them, I'd be pissed at myself for losing to something like that.

I just think that people who constantly preform a fatality are douchers.
Its like in Marvel 3 how you can taunt as soon as you win.

There are 2 ways to show respect after a good match; either the almighty uppercut or something creative.
Like Sektor's hug-o-death or something I recently learned was to use his homing missile and then trip the opponent to make the missile spin in the air. Its quick, entertaining and lets you get to the next match faster. Fatalities are just 'Yeah I beat you, now heres a little TD dance for that ass"

But the thing that pisses me off to no end is to get fatalitied on a close game.
Like pixels away and I die to a poke or something. I never get blown up in this game so when I get hit with a fatality I get ultra pissed.
I mean we're pretty much evenly skilled, why showboat?

Well that's you.

I enjoy seeing the fatality.

I enjoy landing an unnecessary ultra combo in SSF4.

I enjoy doing a hyper combo in MvC3 after my opponent is down if I didn't like my opponent.

Amen to this. A deadly finisher is just oh so glorious to pull on thine beloved enemy. Oh the carnage.

YOU'RE KILLING YOUR OPPONENT.

How the hell wasn't that a smack in the face the first time?

Do you think even in the beginning of the game's release that dude that you just fatalitied was all like "OHHH KEWL LOL FATALITY!" No. That guy was probably pissed off that you just beat him in a fight and now you're killing him.

A fatality online has ALWAYS been a smack to the face.

It says "FINISH HIM" not "IMPRESS HIM"

People doing fatalities online are NOT the reason that the MK Kommunity has such a bad rep.
The MK Kommunity has a bad rep, due to people RQ'ing and then immediately sending you a message with all sorts of foul language, because they're sore-losers.
People did just as many fatalities (if not MORE) back in the arcade (MK 1, 2 and 3) days, and the community was a lot better back then.
Today though, people hop online, get pissed that they lost, quit the match and b***h at the player that beat them.
The reason that the MK Kommunity sucks INS'T because of Fatalities.
The reason that the MK Kommunity sucks is because of Rage-Quitting sore losers who give up on the game because they lost.
Look at my online record; it sucks.
Does that mean that I quit the game and sell it back because I suck?
NO.
I brush up my skills and try to get better and better.
People are so quick to just give up the game and resell it, because they aren't willing to learn and get better.

fatalities do add a more psych type depth to the fight though for some people.

As bbblp said some people take it as a rub in. And it's psychological, they don't WANT to feel like it rubs them the wrong way but it affects some people regardless.

Some people I play in Melee, take it as disrespect when I falcon punch them. Others I've played nod and approve and say stuff like "Sick, nice job"

Since fatality is something you can only do after victory. It kind of comes off as show-boaty. Especially since the game's been out for about a year.

Babalities do irk me a little bit. When it's done in a specific way.

When they do it because they practically flawlessed me and their offense was too strong for me. I see it as legit and I lol.

When they do it to me and they barely won because they are LITERALLY playing the match and trying to win w/o blocking. Well then that's a different story. to me that's disrespect because all you're trying to do is show your "superiority" and can't let me learn the game properly.

If you're better than me fine. But don't PURPOSELY not block and take hits that you would normally block just to babality me.

For instance if I teleport punch with ermac, and all you do is duck uppercut. I realize you're going for a babality.

You have to understand something. IF I KNOW you are trying to beat me w/o blocking. I will freaking destroy you. The problem is I assume you would do the safe and smart things, so you get away with more because I'm not spamming things like lift that would destroy someone trying to beat me w/o blocking.

Double flawless me? we're cool

PRactically double flawless me then babality? I'm still cool with it.

BARELY win and babality, because babality was your goal from the start. I see that as disrespect and you aren't giving me a real fight I can learn from. Because in Tournament people aren't gonna limit their options to babality me. And I'm not learning anything.

If I ever play and beat any of you, I'm totally doing a Fatality every time. Good god, people. Its Mortal freaking Kombat. If you want a fighter without elaborate finishers, then play Street Fighter, King of Fighters or Tekken. Otherwise, harden up, and stop whining.

There should have been this much, if not more, whining about Team MK's mediocre handling of online issues with MK9 and MKAK; that was something worth whining about, not people utilizing one of MK's defining aspects in a fight.

If you think someone performing a Fatality is "disrespectful," then stop playing MK. Or, stop being so serious, and grow up. Its a freaking video game; feeling "disrespected" over a fight in a video game is comical and sad. You guys are worse than the elitist FPS enthusiasts who take multiplayer way too seriously.

If I ever play and beat any of you, I'm totally doing a Fatality every time. Good god, people. Its Mortal freaking Kombat. If you want a fighter without elaborate finishers, then play Street Fighter, King of Fighters or Tekken. Otherwise, harden up, and stop whining.

There should have been this much, if not more, whining about Team MK's mediocre handling of online issues with MK9 and MKAK; that was something worth whining about, not people utilizing one of MK's defining aspects in a fight.

If you think someone performing a Fatality is "disrespectful," then stop playing MK. Or, stop being so serious, and grow up. Its a freaking video game; feeling "disrespected" over a fight in a video game is comical and sad. You guys are worse than the elitist FPS enthusiasts who take multiplayer way too seriously.

Hence, why they say "Finish Him/Her". I totally agree, not to be an ass about it, but it feels complete to perform a fatality every time.

No one's saying that there shouldn't be fatalities.. But there's a stark contrast between doing them online and in an arcade. In my opinion the anonymity makes it that much more annoying. At this point in time, if it's not in person what's the point? We've seen them all billions of times. I just wanna get on with the match. Not watch you gloat. But it's fine. I'm certainly not mad about it. And I'm definitely not 'whining' about it. Just presenting my point of view on it.

Intended for fatalities?

If that were the case then this would be an interactive movie and not a fighting game.
People are trying to level up their game and you're beating off to a pixilated snuff film.
Props for doing a fatality? Yes, get the millions of people who can press 4 buttons medals.

Would people prefer finishing moves that can performed in the middle of the match, like in BlazBlue?

In case you don't know it works, they have to be performed when certain conditions are met....

1) player is one round away from winning the match
2) opponent's life is a down to certain percentage or lower
3) a cost in meter and/or other penalties if it misses

While likely impractical to set up, rewards players with a flashy finish. Likelihood of seeing a fatality would be reduced due to greater difficulty to pull it off successfully.

Last edited:
Would people prefer finishing moves that can performed in the middle of the match, like in BlazBlue?

In case you don't know it works, they have to be performed when certain conditions are met....

1) player is one match round away from winning
2) opponent's life is a down to certain percentage and lower
3) a cost in meter and/or other penalties if it misses

While likely impractical to set up, rewards players with a flashy finish. Likelihood of seeing a fatality would be reduced due to greater difficulty to pull it off successfully.

Wow, that would make it so much better. I would be behind a change like that 100%

Just a reminder to everyone to keep this civil and avoid using insults or classifying those with the viewpoint opposite yours as "whiners". I've had to delete a couple of posts already, but if I have to hand out infractions too, I will.

Carry on.

Wow, that would make it so much better. I would be behind a change like that 100%

I wouldn't.
Something like that would lose the appeal of the fatality completely, in the first place, which is one of the things (aside from gameplay) that sets Mortal Kombat apart.
Finishing moves are supposed to be just that; "Finishing moves."
They're not super moves \ super combo moves.

Just a reminder to everyone to keep this civil and avoid using insults or classifying those with the viewpoint opposite yours as "whiners". I've had to delete a couple of posts already, but if I have to hand out infractions too, I will.

Carry on.

My bad. I wasn't trying to insult, I was just trying to say that Finishing moves are key to a Mortal Kombat game. It's not to rub it in someone's face; and even if it was, I have even more respect for someone who takes their loss like a man and not a sore loser.