IDK why but i lose respect to anyone who

I send GGs out, even to bad players and ask them to visit this site for pointers and I get hate mail..

Unlucky Bastard.. *+10 gamerscore*

:cry:

Well when they sent you hate mail were you playing well or did you do something douchey?

Cause when I play SF I actually get A's and B's in technique unlike 95% of the people who play SF

Douchey?

Nunca. I just, play.
Have ya seent me and Yung play?
We play legit.

If I win against someone who spams or plays cheap I say something like

"You should really stop _______ing me. It's not going to work."

Douchey?

Nunca. I just, play.
Have ya seent me and Yung play?
We play legit.

What do they say in their messages?

Lol I've played so much Tekken, Mk, MvC3, and SF and I don't remember receiving a single hate message in all honesty.

I'm too nice :]

Nothing wrong with being nice, it's good sportsmanship.

I notice some players take it so hard when they've been defeated. I played an awesome KOH match, and I usually get a 0.0 from my opponent, while the audience gives 9.0's and 10's

It just makes me laugh.

Nothing wrong with being nice, it's good sportsmanship.

I notice some players take it so hard when they've been defeated. I played an awesome KOH match, and I usually get a 0.0 from my opponent, while the audience gives 9.0's and 10's

It just makes me laugh.

THIS lol the loser ALWAYS gives the winner a 0.0 :rofl:

Just gonna say SSBM is deeper than SSFIV AE.

It would take me over 900000000000000000000000000000 words to explain the basics.

My friend is a very competitive SFIV player. He travels for offline tourneys and he runs into douchebags quite a bit when I'm over watching him play online.

back said:
Part of the game? Ducking is also part of the game, but you already said you thought tea-bagging was a douche move.
Thats the problem with the MK community, they treat MK like its a genre of its own and not a fighting game.
People focus on the gore, THAT is why the MK community is frowned upon. Everyone thinks we're braindead 8 year olds that get raging semis whenever we see red on our screens. This is a fighting game, so try to show respect and not showboat, which is EXACTLY what a fatality is. You are delusional if you think its anything else. This isn't Mario Party, the point isn't to be a dick.

So EVO 2k and all the other Tournaments that feature UMK3 and MK9 are focused on gore? Oh, ok, got it.
The fighting community and fighting genre as a whole has the bad rep for having salty players who rage-quit, NOT JUST MK.
If you can't see that YOU'RE delusional.
In the same way, the shooter genre has a bad rep for salty 14-year olds who cuss you out.

As far as gore goes:
The only reason that I hated MKvsDC Universe was because some characters were WAY OP, and NRS had no way of patching it.
Despite the fatalities being PG-13 and the stupid rage mode, the fighting was actually was fun.
I expected the watered down the fatalities, and bought the game anyways.
The only MK game that I got rid of was MK: Armageddon, and that's because that game was just all around shitty.

back said:
That is in every game, every single game. Go play Hello Kitty: Island Adventure and see if you don't get hatemail for walking in someone's flower garden. And the reason you see no harm is because its your friends, not some random dude. If a random guy steps on your shoes you get pissed. If a friend steps on your shoes you call him a dick and laugh about it.

Fatalities have been part of the game, because they were meant for shits and giggles.
It's part of the MK charm, but not part of the core reason that hardcore fighting fans play the game.
People having sand in their vaginas is not the fault of the winner.

back said:
But when you do a fatality you are trying to show your 'dominance' over me. And thats exactly what it is.
What the hell else do you call one guy ripping the head off of another one?

Sub-Zero's klassic fatality. :p
Joking aside, the fact that YOU take it the wrong way is not my fault.
If I was switching stances and teabagging, THEN did a fatality, then I see your point.
I go straight for the Fatality after the match because I like it.
I could see how Babalities online give the message of "You're such a whinny baby," but not Fatalities.

back said:
It isn't ragequiting when you pull on a fatality.
Its just trying to get to the next match. Trust me when I say, scrubs that noob hunt and RQer's are not why MK gets its bad rep because those people are in every fighting game.

Rage Quitting during a Fatality IS Rage Quitting regardless, because it comes off as you being a salty person who couldn't stand losing.
You may see it as "Meh, screw this onto the next fight," but the person online sees it as "What a sore-loser."

back said:
Its funny because people see you as the 'd**khead'
They're trying to get on with their fighting game and you're busy watching some shit you can view in fatality trainer.

Well then, they shouldn't play me.
Fatalities are just a part of MK, and RQ'ing during a fatality is a sore-loser move.
It comes off as being just as douchey as if I RQ because someone picked Freddy, Kratos or any of the DLC characters.
That's their character, that they paid for.
Why can't they play as them?
This is my MK game that I bought.
Why can't I enjoy all of its features?

EDIT:
Oh, and BTW aside from Kratos being on the main roster, Fatality Trainer is pretty much my ONLY MK9 complaint.
I know that NRS put it in there for the n00bs who were new to the franchise, but it serves no purpose because it doesn't take place during a match.

Last edited:
I think everyone who thinks fatalities aren't to show 'dominance' or 'rub your victory in your opponent's face' should watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6N4HN-E5dk&feature=player_embedded

Steve Beran says "It's a good way to show that you dominated or defeated your opponent. It's a final punctuation mark that.. 'Okay I just kicked your ass and now I'm going to humiliate you even more'". And that's from a dev. So if that doesn't sound like a way to rub your victory in to you.. I dunno what does.

And here's another :

At about 30 seconds in: John Vogel " I think the idea for fatalities just came from the desire to rub it in someone's face, to just finish that person"

Matt Gilmore (Art Lead and FX for MK9) also said in that same video:

"What makes fatalities awesome, I think, is the sense of humor to them. Uh .... and I know that I took me a while to get my arms around the mentality of them, myself. They're very graphic and disturbing and disgusting, but there is an underlying humor to them that certainly defines my favorite ones. And it is what made it enjoyable to work on, for me. It was finding that humor, and bringing that out."

Steve Beran:

"The best fatalities are the ones that are nasty, that are really violent, but at the same time have a comedic tone to it. Those are always the best ones. Most of them have a comedic tone to it, and I think that's what makes fatalities popular."

Fatalities were also meant to be fun and comical, and if I'm playing against my friends online, that's all it is. FUN!!!
The fact that some people online take fatalities the wrong way, is unfortunate, but in a world where people get salty for losing, that's just the nature of the beast.
Some people are just going to take it the wrong way.
MKvsDC was too Teen rated for some people, and now that NRS brings fatalities back, people are once again complaining.
*Sigh*
It's a lose-lose situation.

So EVO 2k and all the other Tournaments that feature UMK3 and MK9 are focused on gore? Oh, ok, got it.
The fighting community and fighting genre as a whole has the bad rep for having salty players who rage-quit, NOT JUST MK.
If you can't see that YOU'RE delusional.
In the same way, the shooter genre has a bad rep for salty 14-year olds who cuss you out.

Do you know how small MK's scene is?
I watch LevelUp every single week, no MK to be found.
I know it is still played competitively, but you need to dig to find it.

And you still just can not seem to wrap your head around the fact that there are gamers in ALL genres that are salty and rage quit.
It is not just fighting games, and it is not just MK. But even if we were to pretend that it was, MK's fanbase is still looked down upon because of our clamor for the gore. Because we still praised Deadly Alliance & Deception even though the gameplay was trash.

Fatalities have been part of the game, because they were meant for shits and giggles.
It's part of the MK charm, but not part of the core reason that hardcore fighting fans play the game.

Shits and giggles that are aimed towards the loser.
And hardcore fighting fans that are attracted to MK?
You mean all 8 of them?

People having sand in their vaginas is not the fault of the winner.

Yes it is, because the winner had the decision on whether or not to preform the mini movie.

Rage Quitting during a Fatality IS Rage Quitting regardless, because it comes off as you being a salty person who couldn't stand losing.
You may see it as "Meh, screw this onto the next fight," but the person online sees it as "What a sore-loser."

This has nothing to do with losing, its about parading around after you win.
I don't care if I lose in MK, I just get annoyed when people showboat.

Fatalities are just a part of MK, and RQ'ing during a fatality is a sore-loser move.
It comes off as being just as douchey as if I RQ because someone picked Freddy, Kratos or any of the DLC characters.

If it is a sore loser move, then doing the fatality in the first place is a douche move.
And the level of douchery is not the same. Because some one selecting Freddy does not waste your time.

Steve Beran says "It's a good way to show that you dominated or defeated your opponent. It's a final punctuation mark that.. 'Okay I just kicked your ass and now I'm going to humiliate you even more'". And that's from a dev. So if that doesn't sound like a way to rub your victory in to you.. I dunno what does.

****ing thank you.
The creators of MK itself say that the intention of fatalities are to humiliate your opponent.
How do you argue with the MK gods?

Matt Gilmore (Art Lead and FX for MK9) also said in that same video:

"What makes fatalities awesome, I think, is the sense of humor to them. Uh .... and I know that I took me a while to get my arms around the mentality of them, myself. They're very graphic and disturbing and disgusting, but there is an underlying humor to them that certainly defines my favorite ones. And it is what made it enjoyable to work on, for me. It was finding that humor, and bringing that out."

Steve Beran:

"The best fatalities are the ones that are nasty, that are really violent, but at the same time have a comedic tone to it. Those are always the best ones. Most of them have a comedic tone to it, and I think that's what makes fatalities popular."

Fatalities were also meant to be fun and comical, and if I'm playing against my friends online, that's all it is. FUN!!!
The fact that some people online take fatalities the wrong way, is unfortunate, but in a world where people get salty for losing, that's just the nature of the beast.
Some people are just going to take it the wrong way.

Yes, they are comical.
But ridicule tends to be comical.

Again, this has NOTHING to do with being salty about a loss.

Okay, we're obviously not changing one's opinions/viewpoints. Let's move onto something that is actually important. This conversation is no longer serving a purpose.

Why are you in this thread if you feel that way?

Because you feel as if nothing else needs to be said we all should feel the same?

Why are you in this thread if you feel that way?

Because you feel as if nothing else needs to be said we all should feel the same?

For the shear fact that you have repeated yourself in many different ways.

We get it, you feel that fatalities are "showboating"
When they are just a mere asset to the game.
Accept it.

People are going to continue to to them whether you complain about it or not.
I don't feel like there is even a reason to complain about it.