This is such a load of shit and very very cheap..

Funny you say this, I always just think Scorpion. I never once thought "Lui kang" when someone talked Mortal Kombat. But that's just me. I'm sure Aldo thinks Lui Kang when he hears the words.

You know you're a bad ass character when everyone has a "pocket" scorpion that they can use at a decent level.

Yes. When someone talks about mk I also think about Scorpion. But I think very much people will earlier think about Sub-Zero than Scorpion.

But I hope Scorpion returns. Scorpion is and will be my favorite. Only if they remove his Hell Fire Scorpion would be better:)

I am too lazy to change my profile picture from Liu Kang into Scorpion lol

Yes. When someone talks about mk I also think about Scorpion. But I think very much people will earlier think about Sub-Zero than Scorpion.

But I hope Scorpion returns. Scorpion is and will be my favorite. Only if they remove his Hell Fire Scorpion would be better:)

I am too lazy to change my profile picture from Liu Kang into Scorpion lol

Scorpion will return, he never died in mk9. only got beat up by raiden. he will be in mk10 for sure.

I fear that MK10's story will suffer because NRS will have to explain bringing back some of the dead characters.
Mainly, an iconic character like Sub-Zero.
There's NO WAY that I could see NRS and WB excluding Sub-Zero or Scorpion from an MK game (AGAIN), alienating and pissing off half of the fan-base, just for the sake of a reboot story.

A good way around this could be not including the dead characters in the storymode, where newer characters should be given a central role imo. Some of the dead characters can be unlocked from the krypt or released as DLC(which I think would be really financial viable as well). I just feel that MK should expand beyond the classic characters and their stories.

Fighting games shouldn't be afraid to make lengthier story modes. Hopefully story mode will be more elaborate next time. *COUGH* NRS use FJ's MK10 Story *COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUGH*

I agree completely, I wouldn't mind a 15 hr long storymode if it is well developed and entertaining. And thanks for the shoutout man! :p

And Commander it's not so much ridiculous to me that Sonya and Johnny we're still alive I just thought, "Well damn how lucky of them."

It is ridiculous.
If they're going to make something as asinine as that, then they'd might as well go the 100% bull-shit route, and have Sindel kill everybody off.
Cyber Sub-Zero got a punch in the face, which is not too much more than Johnny Cage got, yet he's dead???
BULL-SHIT!!!
Jax (got his throat sliced with her boot heel) and Jade (got an organ ripped out) I could understand.

A good way around this could be not including the dead characters in the storymode, where newer characters should be given a central role imo. Some of the dead characters can be unlocked from the krypt or released as DLC(which I think would be really financial viable as well). I just feel that MK should expand beyond the classic characters and their stories.

Many times, I've also suggested NRS putting the "dead" characters in the Krypt or a DLC, but not as part of the story.
I agree.
MK10 should involve SOME of the MK4, MKDA and MKD characters.
I'm fine with that idea.
What I'm NOT fine with is MK10 not having Sub-Zero AT ALL.
That's a game that I wouldn't pre-order, and just wait until it went down to $25 - $30.

i only cared about smoke and cyber sub zero. i also was like wtf when noob saibot died... ,since he was one badass character.

Smoke and Stryker should have lived. All fanboyness aside.

They were the characters who went through such a huge revamp.

I didn't give a shit about anyone else except Kitana.

CAUSE DAT SHIT WAS ****ED UP

Edit:

Oh and Nightwolf. He should have lived.

I was leaning more towards the whole Chekhov's Gun theory for MK10, If you pull out a gun in Act 1 it HAS to go off in Act 3. So if they wanted them to stay dead they wouldn't have shown them enslaved in the netherrealm, so I thought the ONLY way around showing them AND further developing the MK4-MKD set is by bringing in the "Hero Wraiths" towards the end of MK10's story mode when Quan Chi starts to lose and grows desperate, only to have Ermac save a few of them.

Then 2 or so months ago, someone tweeted one of the NRS (I think it was Hector) guys a question about their fate, to which he replied "Shao Kahn dying changed everything." that was it, that and Boon said on a video interview when asked a similar question that "there's different ways of explaining things" and this game (mk9) was about time travel etc. etc. and sounded like the Sindel scene was a mistake.

So they might retcon the deaths, which wouldn't make ANY sense.

Edit:

Oh and Nightwolf. He should have lived.

Nightwolf is one of my top 5 favorite characters to use in MK9, but he went out like a BAWS.
I liked the way he went out.
"Victory is mine, Shaman."
"Not if I... take it.. from ... you."
More of a martyr, if you think about it.
Dying for a good cause.

Nightwolf is one of my top 5 favorite characters to use in MK9, but he went out like a BAWS.
Dying for a good cause.

He was the ultimate badass.

Dude kicked pure evil energy into a soulnado.

PURPLENESS

Dying for a good cause.

He was the ultimate badass.

Dude kicked pure evil energy into a soulnado.

PURPLENESS

Aside from Kabal's transformation, those 2 Nightwolf parts were the only redeeming parts of Chapter 12 thru 17 in Story Mode.

Although HOW Kabal got burnt is WEAK SAUCE.
Could have been better thought out than just Kintaro breathing on him once. :(
Kabal gets burned by Kintaro ONCE yet Stryker single-handedly takes him out, even though fighting against him I have also gotten burnt in the same manner and continued the match????

Makes NO sense.

Last edited:
Well Stryker is the definition of badassery :mullet:

I know he's YOUR favorite character, but that's as much bull-shittery as Sub-Zero defeating Ermac after he was too powerful for Jax and blew his arms off.
Some of that writing could have been better thought out.
Sonya AND Sub-Zero defeating Ermac together would have made more sense.
Same goes for Stryker and Kabal.
I wasn't buying that bull-shit lie, for one minute.

The whole story is bull-shit dude lol I remember making an analysis of it and calling out so many parts

Raiden not saving Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero vs Ermac

No one warning Kung-Lao about Shao Kahn approaching him

Kitana beating both Johnny and Smoke when Smoke beat her single-handedly already

Sindel being too powerful. Shang Tsung got his ass kicked multiple times so why does fusing with him make her almost unstoppable?

No one made sure Shao Kahn was dead when Liu Kang "killed" him