This is such a load of shit and very very cheap..

Y'know what else is a load of shit and very very cheap? Spoilers. Sorry... I just wanted to be a dick.

I was not really pissed I was more shocked that Sindel killed everyone. What I was pissed about was when NRS decided to Kill Liu Kang. I mean come on he was killed off in 2002 and when he finally comes back to life (In a canon story) They kill him off....... AGAIN!!!!! They could off at least have raiden knock him out then fight Kahn and then once it was over Liu could of apologize and learn from his mistakes. ITS CALLED BEING HUMAN YOU HERE THAT NRS?????

Kratos wasn't killed guys chill.

Okay I'm kidding. But really it insured that if the gamers didn't like csz then they could return him to being human without much issues with the story. As to smoke meh take or leave. But it could be the same with him and turning in to a robot.

Y'know what else is a load of shit and very very cheap? Spoilers. Sorry... I just wanted to be a dick.

This game is nearing the two year mark is it really necesary? We may as well have mandatory spoiler alerts for NES games. Besides this isone of the most talked about and controversial moments in the game it'd be extremely difficult not to hear about it.

I am alright with characters dying as it paves the way for post MK3 to take their place in the next game. But they should have done it in a more balanced way imo. Characters (both good and bad) dying gradually throughout the storymode than all at once would have felt better.

This game is nearing the two year mark is it really necesary? We may as well have mandatory spoiler alerts for NES games. Besides this isone of the most talked about and controversial moments in the game it'd be extremely difficult not to hear about it.

Well honestly I don't care as i've played it but the gamw has been out for nearly 1 year (It released April 21st 2011 in europe, I think April 19th in US) So it is a bit of a dick move spoiling it for new players especially because the komplete edition released not so long ago we have some new users. I'm not saying that this topic shouldn't be here, but the title is very misleading I came expecting to see some sort of infinite. Also there is a section of the Mk9 forum for spoilers and there are spoiler tags.

Yes. I think it is very cheap.
But when you say "mortal kombat" they will think about Sub-Zero or Liu Kang.

Sub-Zero will return and Liu Kang probably too. But I don`t know how NRS gonna deal with this shit.. Very cheap.

I was not really pissed I was more shocked that Sindel killed everyone. What I was pissed about was when NRS decided to Kill Liu Kang. I mean come on he was killed off in 2002 and when he finally comes back to life (In a canon story) They kill him off....... AGAIN!!!!! They could off at least have raiden knock him out then fight Kahn and then once it was over Liu could of apologize and learn from his mistakes. ITS CALLED BEING HUMAN YOU HERE THAT NRS?????

You know mortal kombat 9 is the story of 1 - 2 and 3 told?

Sub-Zero will return and Liu Kang probably too. But I don`t know how NRS gonna deal with this shit.. Very cheap.

Funny you say this, I always just think Scorpion. I never once thought "Lui kang" when someone talked Mortal Kombat. But that's just me. I'm sure Aldo thinks Lui Kang when he hears the words.

You know you're a bad ass character when everyone has a "pocket" scorpion that they can use at a decent level.

I am alright with characters dying as it paves the way for post MK3 to take their place in the next game. But they should have done it in a more balanced way imo. Characters (both good and bad) dying gradually throughout the storymode than all at once would have felt better.

I agree with you in a lot of ways but nrs seems biased since they killed off all the good guys leaving only 3 heroes and only 3 playable villians were killed off

And if it was the old formula then wouldn't you just be playing the same MK games with sexier graphics? (You know if they didn't changed anything) i would prefer a new outtake on a story if the revamp wasn't too ridiculous.

It wouldn't only be sexier graphics.
MK9's gameplay is much funner for me than any of the MK1 thru UMK3 games.

Yes, I know. *GASP* Blasphemy, Araknyd!!!

As far as the revamp not being rediculous:
Sindel killing everyone in that room but Johnny Cage and Sonya doesn't seem ridiculous to you???

I fear that MK10's story will suffer because NRS will have to explain bringing back some of the dead characters.
Mainly, an iconic character like Sub-Zero.
There's NO WAY that I could see NRS and WB excluding Sub-Zero or Scorpion from an MK game (AGAIN), alienating and pissing off half of the fan-base, just for the sake of a reboot story.

It wouldn't only be sexier graphics.
MK9's gameplay is much funner for me than any of the MK1 thru UMK3 games.

Yes, I know. *GASP* Blasphemy, Araknyd!!!

As far as the revamp not being rediculous:
Sindel killing everyone in that room but Johnny Cage and Sonya doesn't seem ridiculous to you???

I fear that MK10's story will suffer because NRS will have to explain bringing back some of the dead characters.
Mainly, an iconic character like Sub-Zero.
There's NO WAY that I could see NRS and WB excluding Sub-Zero or Scorpion from an MK game (AGAIN), alienating and pissing off half of the fan-base, just for the sake of a reboot story.

It wasn't really ridiculous to me even though it got a "wow" out of me.

But I agree their deaths could've been done in a more meaningful way like it was done for Bi-han.

Have mileena eat kitana,
Or Smoke killed by CybersubZero (when he was evil) (Later subzero gets sad/regret)
Jade forced to watch kitana die to the hands of mileena.
Jax killed by Kano

All of these would've been much more dark/gritty/awesome than Sindel just killing everyone.

but I'm not displeased or anything.

But I agree their deaths could've been done in a more meaningful way like it was done for Bi-han.

Have mileena eat kitana,
Or Smoke killed by CybersubZero (when he was evil) (Later subzero gets sad/regret)
Jax killed by Kano

All of these would've been much more dark/gritty/awesome than Sindel just killing everyone.

someone agrees with me hell what you came up with would have been alot more satisfying than just a two minute massacre scene

Sindel is boss. I was happy that she killed everyone. Better than Liu Kang.
HELL NO!

initially i was pissed mainly cause sub-zero and smoke were killed but looking back at it it was kinda of funny in a way (Jax Stryker lookin at the two of yall) but it still bothers me because it felt like their deaths had no meaning except for Kitana and Nightwolf it felt like a bunch of badass character development wasted away by a plot device that was poorly executed.

at least i still have ermac who might join the side of good cause Rai dudes gonna need him when Quan Chi sends the zombie heroes on him..

After that part i finished the story mode in pain... story finished with raiden, sonya and retard johhny cage? doesn't sound to good..

+1 to that.

i mostly think about scorpion and sub zero.

i hope so.

Have mileena eat kitana,
Jax killed by Kano

ORRRR everybody tries attacking shao khan but they all get like knocked out or something. and then liu kang (or raiden) get the power thingy of the elder gods (like raiden did in story mode) and have a final fight with shao khan, killing him.

after that everybody isn't unconscious anymore and raiden say some random wise words blablabla and then the quan chi part with that floating head guy begins.

THAT would be a great ending.

and for the sindel part: everybody gets beat up (like in story mode but NOT killd) and then nightwolf makes that green shield thingy around him and sindel (like he did when noob saibot exploded the spirits thing to protect himself) and he does the sacrifice thingy like in story mode, killing him and sindel.

Jade and Kitana dead by Sindel... very disappointing! Worst of all, Sindel also died! So the only favorite character of mine that survived was Mileena! Now I don't know who to partner her up with! If Tanya will be there, she better not be too technical!:-x

ORRRR everybody tries attacking shao khan but they all get like knocked out or something. and then liu kang (or raiden) get the power thingy of the elder gods (like raiden did in story mode) and have a final fight with shao khan, killing him.

after that everybody isn't unconscious anymore and raiden say some random wise words blablabla and then the quan chi part with that floating head guy begins.

THAT would be a great ending.

and for the sindel part: everybody gets beat up (like in story mode but NOT killd) and then nightwolf makes that green shield thingy around him and sindel (like he did when noob saibot exploded the spirits thing to protect himself) and he does the sacrifice thingy like in story mode, killing him and sindel.

Sorry but is this a Sonic game or Mortal Kombat? Shao Khan (I'd assume) would be smart enough to kill his enemies while they we're down. Or maybe even keep them prisoner just for show and then kill them

Mortal Kombat isn't 'heroes win everytime, let's go home' type of game. It brings a certain shock value to it's crowd. Like Liu Kang dying. I agree that the character roster genocide should have played out different like different people dying to different causes. (What Critical said)

And Commander it's not so much ridiculous to me that Sonya and Johnny we're still alive I just thought, "Well damn how lucky of them."

Fighting games shouldn't be afraid to make lengthier story modes. Hopefully story mode will be more elaborate next time. *COUGH* NRS use FJ's MK10 Story *COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUGH*

Sorry but is this a Sonic game or Mortal Kombat? Shao Khan (I'd assume) would be smart enough to kill his enemies while they we're down. Or maybe even keep them prisoner just for show and then kill them

Mortal Kombat isn't 'heroes win everytime, let's go home' type of game. It brings a certain shock value to it's crowd. Like Liu Kang dying. I agree that the character roster genocide should have played out different like different people dying to different causes. (What Critical said)

And Commander it's not so much ridiculous to me that Sonya and Johnny we're still alive I just thought, "Well damn how lucky of them."

Fighting games shouldn't be afraid to make lengthier story modes. Hopefully story mode will be more elaborate next time. *COUGH* NRS use FJ's MK10 Story *COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUGH*

"Sorry but is this a Sonic game or Mortal Kombat? Shao Khan (I'd assume) would be smart enough to kill his enemies while they we're down. Or maybe even keep them prisoner just for show and then kill them" sonya and cage suvived tho.

Mortal Kombat isn't 'heroes win everytime, let's go home' type of game. It brings a certain shock value to it's crowd. Like Liu Kang dying. I agree that the character roster genocide should have played out different like different people dying to different causes. (What Critical said) this is true.