Rate the last Movie you saw.

World's Greatest Dad - 8.8/10

This is a painfully awkward dark comedy staring Robin Williams (who's amazing as usual)
The whole movie is overarched by a really sad yet absurdly funny premise, and you might even feel wrong for laughing at times. Full of very dry humor.

But the movie also has a really good message to it too, it's a briliant satire on how people's opinions on others change after death, and most importantly teen suicide (which seemed to be very relevant this year) and the bandwagoning that comes with it. And some of the funniest humor comes from the irony of people's reaction towards something they dont know the truth about.

I really felt for Robin Williams' character, and also his son's "friend" Andrew in the film was someone I really liked as a character.

Just watch the film, I was surprised at how good it was and I highly recommend it. Its on Netflix.

Last edited:
The Dark Knight Rises: 8/10

It felt like a step down from inception which made me hopeful that Nolan was gonna top The Dark Knight.
The fights felt too fake and scripted the new characters (except for Joseph Gordon Levitt, Anne Hathaway & Tom Hardy ) were bland.

The theme of the story and the condition Bruce Wayne is in through out the film made where great as was the development of Bane in regards to the Nolan universe, cat woman was fine but still isn't on par with Michelle Pfeiffer IMO.

Interesting way to wrap up a trilogy and from what I hear it is setting up the JLA movie... :patriot:

World's Greatest Dad - 8.8/10

This is a painfully awkward dark comedy staring Robin Williams (who's amazing as usual)
The whole movie is overarched by a really sad yet absurdly funny premise, and you might even feel wrong for laughing at times. Full of very dry humor.

But the movie also has a really good message to it too, it's a briliant satire on how people's opinions on others change after death, and most importantly teen suicide (which seemed to be very relevant this year) and the bandwagoning that comes with it. And some of the funniest humor comes from the irony of people's reaction towards something they dont know the truth about.

I really felt for Robin Williams' character, and also his son's "friend" Andrew in the film was someone I really liked as a character.

Just watch the film, I was surprised at how good it was and I highly recommend it. Its on Netflix.

I love this movie it's one of my favorites! The movie is very unique if nothing else. It's one of the few movies I went out and bought after viewing.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 8.5/10

What can I say? If you've read the Hobbit and the assorted appendices, you'll know what to expect. That doesn't take away from how awesome it is to back to Middle-Earth and see the the story brought to life. Probably the best modern-era (Mid-1980s-forward) cinematography quality I have seen in a film, which had not only great costumes, props, CGI, but was also shot in something like 5.5k with the new RED One cameras, which are well over five times the resolution of HD and higher resolution and color depth than traditional cinematic film. Absolutely stunning movie. Very good acting, lots of familiar faces. The pacing was a bit off in some places, but overall, they found a natural stopping point, and the story got where it needed to be when it needed to be there. I'm probably going to go see it again in legit 3D IMAX.

the hobbit
8.5 out of 10
not near as much walking as the lotr trilogy, instead they.... RUN! a lot! practically from everything! the story on the big screen didn't resonate with me like the book did but, is still a very rich story no less. i found a few of the dwarf characters to be lacking any real substance. they just seem like arbitrary background character filler. still a fun movie even though the pace tends to drag a bit at points. i have to agree with frey frey, the resolution is outstanding and cgi really pops. not too bad a start, just left me wanting a bit more (maybe that's not a bad thing, i feel like next december can't arrive soon enough for the 2nd movie). all complaints aside it is still a fantastic movie full of adventure and ties in a lot of references from lotr (which was expected being the prequel). get out and go see it in imax 3-d, you giant midgets won't be disappointed.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

9.7/10

Easily the best movie I've seen this year.

Lol looks like my excitement go the better of me back then, I give it a good 9/10 after multiple viewings, not because I found flaws with it but only because I think a few areas could have been slightly improved upon, and by few I mean very very minor ones (unlike the Dark knight rises where by now I realize the movie though quite good had some real issues which includes plot holes, bad writing in some parts and most of all lost opportunities of scenes that could have been improved upon a lot). The Hobbit still retains the best movie of the year position for me and here are some reasons why where I would also explain why vast majority of critics reviewing this movie are wrong.

First off the story. The Hobbit is mainly about a halfling who goes on a quest to help a company of Dwarves to reclaim their homeland and treasure. The story revolves mainly around them and only the immediate consequences of their actions, it is basically an adventure. It is also set during a time where the evil has been kept at bay for awhile and hence a lighter/brighter tone for the environment and everything surrounding the quest, for the most part. The LoTR however is more of an epic, the ultimate battle between good and evil and is set in a time which is quite dark. Given this, I fail to see how and why many try to compare The Hobbit with The LoTR? Yes it is a prequel and yes that's perhaps what people (critics mainly, the hobbit is doing astoundingly well at the box office) are expecting, but they should realize that it is a different story set in the same world/setting, it cannot be compared. It's like trying to compare TDKR with the Avengers, if you catch my drift.

Now for the movie. At first I was skeptical as to the three film decision but now I'm satisfied, this was the right decision to go by, anything more than what we got to see would seem really rushed, as in too many events occurring one after the other without a good prelude, I'm glad the movie ended where it did though as squirrelpion mentioned I really wanted to see a lot more. I also personally feel that a fairly truthful adaptation of the first six chapters of the hobbit that would at the same time make sense as a film, really can't get much better than this.
As for the Dwarves I feel PJ has done a fantastic job. Bringing 13 protagonists on screen, making them distinguishable, relatable and likable was surely a challenging task especially when they could have gone the easy route and cut out a number of them out. Even in the book a large chunk of them served only as background characters and besides maybe Thorin, Balin, Bombur and a few others, Tolkien never really physically described them other then them having different colored hoods. PJ adapted that well with his own interpretation I feel.
As for the pacing I felt it was alright. I guess it's maybe because I know/assume for the most part what each of the events/scenes will lead to in the coming movies and and thus i feel it has to be sufficiently explained, especially the story arc involving the Necromancer. I'm pretty sure I and others as well will appreciate the seemingly slow scenes a lot more when the next films releases.

All in all a great movie, the best cinematic experience I've had so far.

The Hobbit (9.8/10)

.1 point deduction for the shoe horning in of Azog however so far it hasn't caused much of a continuity break and game some weight to the random goblin/warg attacks from the book.

.1 deduction for making Radagast a shit faced shroom head rabbit sled riding manic I had high hopes for his inclusion in the film but oh well 2 more to go can't wait.