So....who killed Blaze ? Shao Khan or taven?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord_Zedd

Many people suggest that it was taven who killed blaze and that shao kahn just took advantage of the third outcome from tavens victory( everyone became stronger and battled to death ), but in mk9s inicial cutscene you cant see any sign of raiden gaining any powers , only shao kahn who has blaze s aura all over his body.

IF shao kahn killed blaze , then does that mean that armageddon conquest mode is not canon?

Disagreed. Theres no sign Taven won. According to the MK9 intro, the cutscene battle that happened in Armageddon's intro happened, so noone got "super powerful" or anything implied by Taven winning.

Plus you don't even see Taven, aside from the vision of Raiden fighting him before armageddon.

Last edited:
I think Taven killed Blaze. I consider the konquest mode of MKA somewhat like the storymode of MK9 and konquest mode of MKD, since the latter two are canon, I think its safe to assume the MKA konquest is canon as well. I think what happened is that when Blaze was killed by Taven (as per the konquest and Taven's arcade ending) his powers got distributed equally among the remaining surviving warriors and when each kombatant dies or is on the verge of death their powers gets redistributed in similar fashion. This kept going on until only Raiden and Shao Kahn were left and when Raiden was defeated, his powers was absorbed by Shao Kahn, allowing him to wield the full power of blaze.

Here's the the thing, you can assume pretty much anything, but theres 0 things in MK9 that state Taven "won".

MK2 = Summerized Liu won MK1
Mk3 = Summerized Liu won MK2
MK4 = Summerized Liu Won MK3
Deadly Alliance = Summerized Liu beat Shinnok
Deception = Summerized the Dead Alliance won
Armageddon = Shit all over the series apparently, didn't give answers to Deception, and we had to start assuming shit.
MK9 = Shows us that the Armageddon cutscene happened, but even that's unreliable, with Shao Kahn being present after Onaga stole him away. States for a fact, nothing regarding canon "winner" other than everyone died and Kahn "won" somehow. (magic? who knows)

Last edited:
If you played threw MkA you will know that Taven did in fact killed Blaze

MkA Konquest ending. All of your answers are in this video

Fact is Canon is supported by whatever follows it. MK9 doesn't support Taven winning.

Also, according to that video, Taven fought to the top of the tower? Never happened in Konquest or the cutscene or anything at all in Armageddon.

Last edited:
Fact is Canon is supported by whatever follows it. MK9 doesn't support Taven winning.

Also, according to that video, Taven fought to the top of the tower? Never happened in Konquest or the cutscene or anything at all in Armageddon.

Yes it did happen. This is the Konquest ending. In Mk9 they dont talk about it because they really dont need to because we know what already happened, So they go right to the next part of the story (which was the intro to Mk9) Now it is a possibly that Taven was killed by Shao Kahn and/or Dark Raiden but we are not entirely sure. All we know is that Taven Did in fact Killed Blaze

Edit: Also Its kinda obvious that if Onaga grabbed Shao Kahn, and that Shao is still alive Onaga was killed by Shao Kahn during Armageddon

Agree with above
g.gif

Yeah, in reference to Shao Kahn defeating Onaga or not during the pyramid battle: In the beginning of the story mode of MK9 while Kahn is tossing around Dark Raiden he throws out the line "they masquerade as dragons....but are mere toothless worms."

I took that to be him bragging on defeating Onaga...and according to him without much of a fight. I find it kind of interesting that he was whisked away as if the Dragon King was going to give him hell, but the Khan making short work of him and making Onaga beg.

Yeah, in reference to Shao Kahn defeating Onaga or not during the pyramid battle: In the beginning of the story mode of MK9 while Kahn is tossing around Dark Raiden he throws out the line "they masquerade as dragons....but are mere toothless worms."

I took that to be him bragging on defeating Onaga...and according to him without much of a fight. I find it kind of interesting that he was whisked away as if the Dragon King was going to give him hell, but the Khan making short work of him and making Onaga beg.

I think he was referring to those snake like golden dragons of the elder gods, the same ones that encircle and bite him when Raiden defeats Shao Kahn in the end.

Back then in Armaggeddon it said Taven and Daegon defeated blaze long ago,then Daegon killed their mom and dad over the prize with the sword that the defeated blaze with. Then Taven defeated him, and finally killed blaze.And in the intro Onaga took Shao Kahn out of thin air.

Back then in Armaggeddon it said Taven and Daegon defeated blaze long ago,then Daegon killed their mom and dad over the prize with the sword that the defeated blaze with. Then Taven defeated him, and finally killed blaze.And in the intro Onaga took Shao Kahn out of thin air.

Perhapse, and it's a pretty less likely assumption but, what if Shao Kahn somehow freed and/or defeated Onaga, raced back to the top of the pyramid and before Taven defeats Blaze, the fight gets interrupted by Shao Kahn killing Taven and then finishing off Blaze and Raiden just happens to get to the top after Shao Kahn wins.

Off the top of my head that is...

What I THINK happened is that Taven kiled Blaze, then probably Kahn or whoever killed him and that left as with Kahn, Shinnok, Raiden and Liu Kang's ghost. However Kahn won in the end.
What did happened however is that we all assume things because there are no clear answers.

According to the MK9 intro, Shao Kahn and Raiden were the only 2 left, battling it out during Armageddon.
Since MK9 reset everything and this is the new timeline going forward, then I'll just go with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.