Michael Bay ruining the new TMNT movie?

Who says aliens can't be mutants? Although I grew with TMNT, more specifically the first animated series, I can't say I am outraged. The characters, plot, and overall tone of the series have undergone changes with over the years through the various media they appear in. Baxter Stockman, for example was originally a Black man. From what I understand, the cartoons are a lot more more light-hearted than the Eastman comics.

I don't see the need to jump the gun. Judge it on it's own merits or failures as a film, rather than having pre-conceived ideas on how the franchise should be depicted.

Last edited:
Expect the story to revolve around the girl and her lover, and many many explosions, the turtles will have about 20 minutes of screen time.

as far as writing, TMNT has never been the greatest, in fact it's pretty cheezy.
but cmon, its as if they are purposely trying to piss people off by having none other than Michael Bay on this.

Expect the story to revolve around the girl and her lover, and many many explosions, the turtles will have about 20 minutes of screen time.

lol someone gets it right

I'm not even that huge fan of TMNT, but I really hated Micheal Bay's movies. They are just dumb. So yeah, I'm gonna poke fun at this because the idea of him doing a TMNT movie is almost too bad to be true. Almost comical. Like something out of Robot Chicken. Or like a fake movie trailer parody.

"Kids" Who DID watch TMNT are now adults. Someone should let him know that as well. If he's attending to just attract kids that's lame. Alien Ninjas? XD Alien vs Ninjas?

I'm sure if enough people rawr he might change his mind? doubtful though. Since his target audience seems to be kids who don't know TMNT that well....

I don't get the marketing strategy here. Why only aim for the young kids who don't know TMNT like we know it?

If you did it the CORRECT way, You'd get all of us 30 and younger year olds enjoying it(possibly older people). AND the kids would still like it...

I just don't understand pissing off half the fan base. That's a large portion of possible money gone.

My exact feelings.
Teenage Alien Invading Ninja Turtles = TAINT
Which is exactly what Michael Bay can kiss, my taint.

Michael Bay responds to angry fans

“Fans need to take a breath, and chill,” wrote Bay. “They have not read the script. Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story. Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world.”

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/03/20/michael-bay-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-reponse/

Last edited:
Michael Bay responds to angry fans

“Fans need to take a breath, and chill,” wrote Bay. “They have not read the script. Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story. Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world.”

Link?
Source?

The butthurt is strong in this forum

Shut your god damn mouth. It's not just in this forum, it's pretty much all of TMNT's fanbase that's pissed off, so clearly Michael Dipshit Bay did something wrong.

And wow @ him telling the fans to "chill"... Just wow. What a ****.

Shut your god damn mouth. It's not just in this forum, it's pretty much all of TMNT's fanbase that's pissed off, so clearly Michael Dipshit Bay did something wrong.

And wow @ him telling the fans to "chill"... Just wow. What a ****.

Sure, I'll chill.
I'll be chillin' at home when this movie comes out, and not buying a ticket for it.

Ok...if they put Krang and the Technodrome in it, I may smile.

If my precious Shredder isn't in, I will step on some balls, though.

Krang, the Rock Soldiers, General Traag, Lord Dregg, Wingnut, Screwloose and the Neutrinos were ALL from Dimension-X.

The Turtles WERE NOT.
The Turtles were born and raised in the sewers of New York.

If my precious Shredder isn't in, I will step on some balls, though.

I share your sentiments.
Shredder was my favorite character in Ninja Turtle lore.
I have a soft spot for villains.

AVGN talking about the original violent TMNT comics.
http://cinemassacre.com/2011/07/05/tmnt-tuesday-comics-review/

Last edited:
If he is basing it of the comics, which he said he's working with one of the original creators, I don't think Shredder was in it much. Think he died rather quickly too, if I remember right. And I don't think Krang was even in the comics. I don't think the Turtles really had a regular villain. Maybe Baxter Stockman.

haha the technodrome will probably look like a pile of transformers. i also hope that at least shredder will be in the movie. but still sounds like a big fail if you ask me.

After watching the Angry Video Game Nerd review, the alien plot is not THAT bad. Like he said, the ooze was alien in origin, which is what made the turtles transform. If he goes that route, that's cool. But I think he said the turtles themselves will be alien, so still. I dunno. My rage calmed down a lot, so I'm just going to wait on more info before I spaz out again.

If he goes that route, that's cool. But I think he said the turtles themselves will be alien, so still. I dunno.

I'm still scared about what the hell he means by being "aliens."
Aliens could range from anything like them crossing the border from Mexico to America, to them coming from outer space.
Such a damn vague word.
If the ooze comes from Dimension X and is brought here to earth, then I'm fine with it, but the Turtles coming from another planet? NO!!!

There's a good chance that Michael Bay is an alien.
It would surely explain the fetish that he has for aliens.