MK9 "St. Patrick's Day Tournament Beatdown"

scorpio

hello all.

Mortal Kombat PS3 tournament. Saturday March 17th at 3:30PM @Red Robot Games And Collectibles in Wellston, Ohio.

If you live in ohio, or the surrounding area, please try and stop in!
get enough ppl we could start doing this weekely or monthly.

double elimination (best 2/3)
finals will be best of 5.
looser bracket.
payout depends upon number of entries.
banned chars: kratos
banned stages: none

gameplay rules: no infinates or resets period. anyone caught using these will be disqualified on the spot!

feel free to print this flyer off and pass it around!
419756_3244940516537_1057599653_3139274_1686746675_n.jpg

Last edited:
5.00 entry fee.
its double elimination.
for ps3.

as for age restrictions, if you are under 18 you CAN compete as long as your parent/guardian can sign a permission slip(in person), or maybe even try calling the number and talking to the owner might help as well. id give em a call if you are serious about coming.

trying to get a decent game scene going in my area. bc up until this place opened (just a few weeks ago) there wasnt one at all. this store has givin me hope. i want it to be a success.

last tournament we had, had a crappy turnout. myself and my friend were the only to show. but it was poorly advertised. no one knew about it. and it was for 360.

this one is for ps3. im doing all i can to make this one known. ive made flyers and handing them out, posting up in businesses , ive posted alot of places online, tweetin, facebook, you name it. im donating my ps3 for this thing bc all they had was a 360!

i could care less if i even win the thing, i want it to be a good turnout. im hoping to get at least 16.

if you can make it, please do so! even if you arent any good, the community needs it.

5.00 entry fee.
its double elimination.
for ps3.

as for age restrictions, if you are under 18 you CAN compete as long as your parent/guardian can sign a permission slip(in person), or maybe even try calling the number and talking to the owner might help as well. id give em a call if you are serious about coming.

trying to get a decent game scene going in my area. bc up until this place opened (just a few weeks ago) there wasnt one at all. this store has givin me hope. i want it to be a success.

last tournament we had, had a crappy turnout. myself and my friend were the only to show. but it was poorly advertised. no one knew about it. and it was for 360.

this one is for ps3. im doing all i can to make this one known. ive made flyers and handing them out, posting up in businesses , ive posted alot of places online, tweetin, facebook, you name it. im donating my ps3 for this thing bc all they had was a 360!

i could care less if i even win the thing, i want it to be a good turnout. im hoping to get at least 16.

if you can make it, please do so! even if you arent any good, the community needs it.

IF you want some help.

have you tried Test your Might? Go to the regional zones and try Altantic North.

Also if you get a good turn out leave out a form for people to put name and number. So when another tournament comes up. you can text them a reminder. Optional, but it helps build the scene and make sure people return.

You're gonna need more than 1 T.V. probably. I have a general rule for a tournament to run smoothly. You need atleast 1 setup for every 6 people. Please don't try to run a 20 man tournament on 1 set up lol.

IF you need more setups offer a incentive for people to bring their own.

Like perhaps some money off the door fee.

Hey man me and a friend are dying for a scene in our area...huntington wv. If this is as close as we can get ill take it!

Also we can bring another ps3 if that would help.

I'm seriously sick with excitement that this is happening so close. We drove to Chicago for our first tournament, an hour and a half is nothing.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

IF you want some help.

have you tried Test your Might? Go to the regional zones and try Altantic North.

Also if you get a good turn out leave out a form for people to put name and number. So when another tournament comes up. you can text them a reminder. Optional, but it helps build the scene and make sure people return.

You're gonna need more than 1 T.V. probably. I have a general rule for a tournament to run smoothly. You need atleast 1 setup for every 6 people. Please don't try to run a 20 man tournament on 1 set up lol.

IF you need more setups offer a incentive for people to bring their own.

Like perhaps some money off the door fee.

was gonna hit up tym 2morrow. as well as a few other mk sites.

good ideas man thx for the input.

Hey man me and a friend are dying for a scene in our area...huntington wv. If this is as close as we can get ill take it!

I'm seriously sick with excitement that this is happening so close. We drove to Chicago for our first tournament, an hour and a half is nothing.

that would be cool. i dont think well need another ps3 right yet tho. too soon too tell at the moment. im focused on trying to get the ppl to come in and be aware of the place ya know.

hope you all can make it out!

if you are coming maybe you should bring an extra one if you can lol. im just afraid the turnout will be like it was last time and dont want you to bring your ps3 all that way and no one show ya know.

last week was an embarrassment. just me and my buddy, that was it. oh, and our wives competed to allow for more matches lol. there were about 8 ppl there playing magic the gathering, none of which would play. "i hate mortal kombat" and "i dont like the way it pays i like king of fighters bc u can spam" wtf?? i wanna make the place so damn crowded that the magic dorks cant get in to play! lol

so, if you are coming, bring a friend or two!

prizes range in cash (depending on the turnout, cash amount changes) to store credit, and more.

owner was talking about ordering one of those new giant mk statues if turnouts are awesome and entries can cover it.

Scorpio imma give you a ton more advice when I get home to help you out.

I'm experienced in running tournaments and making them good.

if you are coming maybe you should bring an extra one if you can lol. im just afraid the turnout will be like it was last time and dont want you to bring your ps3 all that way and no one show ya know.

last week was an embarrassment. just me and my buddy, that was it. oh, and our wives competed to allow for more matches lol. there were about 8 ppl there playing magic the gathering, none of which would play. "i hate mortal kombat" and "i dont like the way it pays i like king of fighters bc u can spam" wtf?? i wanna make the place so damn crowded that the magic dorks cant get in to play! lol

so, if you are coming, bring a friend or two!

prizes range in cash (depending on the turnout, cash amount changes) to store credit, and more.

owner was talking about ordering one of those new giant mk statues if turnouts are awesome and entries can cover it.

Awesome! I think its cool you guys are doing this. Me and a friend can for sure make it. I'll see if I can find anyone else, but I don't know. As for the ps3 its not a big deal.

stopped in the store today and the owner said you called, but for some reason he didnt know the format. see what im up against? lol thats why im trying to put one together. said you asked 100 questions he didnt know the answers to lol.

for the record its double elimination (which i think i already mentioned). if theres time we might do a loosers bracket as well. but i dont know if theres anything scheduled later that day or not. also, im wanting this to be PRE PATCHED!! so if you do bring your ps3, youll have to delete the patch. most ppl ive talked to hate the post patched version. and ive already deleted my patch.

as for banned arenas, chars and such, there really arent any specific rules other then anyone caught using infinates and such will be disqualified on the spot.

@Critical-Limit thanks. ive ran a few myself. but its been years ago. we're talking mk4, mktrilogy days lol. any input what so ever is much appreciated. maybe one day you can make it out this way.

if this is a success then hopefully we can make it a monthly thing. my ultimate goal is to have it so big that we can do almost every mk in one day or maybe a weekend event. would be cool to have mkII, umk3, mkt, mk4, mkda, etc.

anyways, thanks for the responses.

stopped in the store today and the owner said you called, but for some reason he didnt know the format. see what im up against? lol thats why im trying to put one together. said you asked 100 questions he didnt know the answers to lol.

for the record its double elimination (which i think i already mentioned). if theres time we might do a loosers bracket as well. but i dont know if theres anything scheduled later that day or not. also, im wanting this to be PRE PATCHED!! so if you do bring your ps3, youll have to delete the patch. most ppl ive talked to hate the post patched version. and ive already deleted my patch.

as for banned arenas, chars and such, there really arent any specific rules other then anyone caught using infinates and such will be disqualified on the spot.

@Critical-Limit thanks. ive ran a few myself. but its been years ago. we're talking mk4, mktrilogy days lol. any input what so ever is much appreciated. maybe one day you can make it out this way.

if this is a success then hopefully we can make it a monthly thing. my ultimate goal is to have it so big that we can do almost every mk in one day or maybe a weekend event. would be cool to have mkII, umk3, mkt, mk4, mkda, etc.

anyways, thanks for the responses.

It's your tournament so run it how you like but I disagree with using ore patch. So ma.y things were fixed. Kung Lao using ridiculous advantage off of low hat, on block. His 24 low hat was nearly innescapable. All the Cyrax problems. The dash cancel was fixed, before patch you could basically Sprint. Jump in punch advantage was dimness down for obvious reasons. Lots of characters had buffs to make them viable. The list goes on and on. If you want ppl to take it serious I suggest you use the patch.

i actually prefer pre patch myself. but ill take that into consideration. maybe do both pre and post patches?

@Shirayuki Mizore pfft ive gotten higher lol :p

@Treadmill
dude i jsut toally screwed myself. i thought i had backed up all my dlc and gamedata a week ago (when i deleted the patch) and when i went to reinstall the data, apparently it was from last sept. so all my stats, wins, char stats and everything for the past 6 months just went down the crapper :(( i lost mastered char status, wins and everything. DAMMIT!! wish ps3 was like windows and i could reboot to yesterday :((

@Shirayuki Mizore pfft ive gotten higher lol :p

@Treadmill
dude i jsut toally screwed myself. i thought i had backed up all my dlc and gamedata a week ago (when i deleted the patch) and when i went to reinstall the data, apparently it was from last sept. so all my stats, wins, char stats and everything for the past 6 months just went down the crapper :(( i lost mastered char status, wins and everything. DAMMIT!! wish ps3 was like windows and i could reboot to yesterday :((
Shit that sucks dude haha. Sorry...but I really feel you'll have a better turn out this way.