Petition for more dlc!

(Hopefully) never. Just because fewer people play online doesn't mean that the game is dead, there's an offline community you know. I've found out there were people in my town still playing this game and were interested in getting better, we have been getting together for some casuals. I've been playing this game for nearly a year and you don't hear me complain about not getting new contents.

Was it NRS that stop supporting MK9 or was it the so-called true MK fans?

DANG!!! C-sword laying down the law of logic.

I agree, We've had the game for almost a year now. And believe me when I say... the game isn't even close to being 100% figured out yet. Still alot of untapped characters that haven't had their meta-game pushed.

All i want is some new chapters for the story mode!! Netherrealm, i'm sure you're not even bothering to look at your forums, but giving us a f*cking cliffhanger for an ending, just so you can milk off this series?!?! Your starting to act a lot like capcom!! You don't want to add more characters, fine! No more costumes, a waste of time in my opinion, but fine! No new stages, fine! But just add some new chapters to the story, use some of the other characters that weren't used, like sheeva, mileena, hell use reptile, by all means! Cliffhangers in stories are nothing more than a waste of everybodies time, boon even said he wants to take nrs to different directions other than mortal kombat! If you want that than give us a story mode ending with a, "until next time" feel, rather than a f*cking "to be continued" feel like this one gave!!!!! Thank you!!!!

How are they starting to "act like Capcom" by giving us a cliffhanger ending in the story mode when most Capcom fighting games don't even have a story mode? Do you even understand why Capcom has a bad rep in the first place? Calm the hell down BTW, it's not even that serious

Last edited:
How are they starting to "act like Capcom" by giving us a cliffhanger ending in the story mode when most Capcom fighting games don't even have a story mode? Do you even understand why Capcom has a bad rep in the first place? Calm the hell down BTW, it's not even that serious

I just don't want them to take any characters out for MKX...

It's bound to happen.
A shitload of people died in MK9.
Granted, the MK series has never been one for keeping their "dead" characters dead.
I wouldn't mind seeing half the cast dead, and having some return as Krypt unlockables, to make room for the post MK3 characters.

Ditto, theres no point. They will only repackage the characters. Kano and Jarek anyone? Im prepared to be dissapointed in MK10. I dont think they can do anything that will top the pure nostalgia ride MK9 was(still is to me).

They failed for nearly 15 years to provide anything fresh, entertaining and captivating. No iconic characters nothing. The 3D MKs were good but to be honest Midway lucked out with the first 3/4 games. I doubt they will do anything good with the next game.

I wouldn't be surprised if they even attempted another reboot based on the movie.(they will not)

It is a shame about DLC. There should have been more DLC, costumes whatever. To say basically that if the DLC sells well will depict whether or not more is released then go on to say DLC has sold phenomenally well then go on to say no more DLC, no wonder alot of people are upset.

Im expecting the "show me where boon said that?" Cant find anything ATM but i swear to god i have read and seen ints where he says this before the games release

Ditto, theres no point. They will only repackage the characters. Kano and Jarek anyone? Im prepared to be dissapointed in MK10. I dont think they can do anything that will top the pure nostalgia ride MK9 was(still is to me).

I've said the same thing about Frost, but for some reason the minute Frost is brought up everyone gets defensive.

Anyways seeing as MK9 revived many of the characters that weren't going anywhere in the MK universe (2 of them being Sheeva and Stryker), I have faith that NRS can diversify characters like Jarek and Frost, so that they're more ORIGINAL in the next MK game.
I don't agree with the MK9 story from Chapter 12 thru 17, and I sure as hell don't want any of the Original 7 characters PERMANENTLY dead (Sub-Zero and Liu Kang).

NRS has distanced itself from it's Midway days quite a bit with the release of MK9, and while I don't agree with the direction that they're going with MK10, I do hope that they prove me wrong and change my mind.

Sheeva wasn't really revamped at all though, lol.

She's still pretty much the same she's always been.

I just used those 2 as examples, given that people always hate on them, and they've been given another chance.
Granted, people still don't use them as much, but they're given more respect now in MK9.
A good Sheeva \ Stryker player can be pretty deadly, if they use them right.

Okay, fair enough, but come on! The least they could have done was add a few more chapters to make an even 20, you know in commemoration of the series 20th anniversary, which they did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR IT!!!

I just used those 2 as examples, given that people always hate on them, and they've been given another chance.
Granted, people still don't use them as much, but they're given more respect now in MK9.
A good Sheeva \ Stryker player can be pretty deadly, if they use them right.

In-game effectiveness has little to with a character's appeal, let alone whatever story-related role their creators decide to put them in. I think Kung Lao's depiction in the story took a turn for the worse, yet he is a very effective character to the point where players were begging NRS to hit him with the nerf bat.

Okay, fair enough, but come on! The least they could have done was add a few more chapters to make an even 20, you know in commemoration of the series 20th anniversary, which they did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR IT!!!

EDIT:

Nevermind.
I thought you were talking about characters.

In-game effectiveness has little to with a character's appeal, let alone whatever story-related role their creators decide to put them in.

Stryker has his own chapter in MK9.
Don't get me wrong, I never cared for the character (and still don't), but if NRS gave him his own chapter in Story Mode, then that tells me that they were at least trying to give him a 2nd shot in the spotlight.

Last edited:
1. "Did" absolutely nothing for it? Lol, the 20th anniversary ain't even over yet

2. Just wait for MK10 for the story to continue

Please, they're focusing more on their frigging handheld PS Vita version, they added so many things specifically for it, including playing as Shao Khan and Kintaro, as well as extra additions to the Challenge Tower, so unless they make it so that some of those features, hopefully including new story chapters, can be DLC to the console versions, I'm not holding my breath.

Not sure why people want more chapters as DLC. Its not like NRS is done with the series and we won't get a MK game again. Mk10 will come out sooner or later, you just got to be patient.

*SIGH* Fine, if I'm sounding annoying, I apologize, but don't tell me anyone on this forum likes cliffhangers, in games, tv, movies, or books, they're just vast amounts of time wasted. Now let me just say, these comments have been aimed only on the story mode of the game, THAT'S ALL, everything else is done perfectly, the characters, the gameplay, the arcade, the challenge tower, the krypt, etc. They're all done perfectly, but when you add a story mode to ANY kind of game, you end it on a satisfactory note, AT THE VERY LEAST!!!