Petition for more dlc!

kb19800

HI everyone! i'm new to this website and i have been reading about how boon said no more dlc and i almost cried:afraid:. I lovvvvvee thisa game and i have just gotten good with it. I really want some more characters to fight with and maybe a story add on or maybe different skins for EVERYONE not just a few characters even the dlc people. This is an amazing game andf there should be some more amazing characters to fight with. If you guys want some more characters, skins, or more story then comment like crazy and maybe *prays* boon will reconsider adding more stuff to such an awesome game. thanks :D

Meh, I can hardly use the DLC that we already have. People are too lazy to download the free compatibility packs...

NRS is done with MK9 anyways, not going to happen. Especially since the population for the game is so low.

They need to add the umk3 skins and costumes from the vita version imo. But probably wont. Shame really. Im not bothered about more characters
, I just feels odd

Give me more, I definitely want more dlc for this one, nothing would make me jump and skip more than a new wave of fighters and costumes for this fantastic fighter.

I don't understand the people who within a year of release are talking about the next game in the series, how old is Street Fighter IV? They've only recently added more to that, more fighters equals more hype equals more players. Maybe it's true what the SF fighting community says about the MK players 'Call of Duty' kids who just come for a blood fix between their yearly FPS updates.

Give me more, I definitely want more dlc for this one, nothing would make me jump and skip more than a new wave of fighters and costumes for this fantastic fighter.

I don't understand the people who within a year of release are talking about the next game in the series, how old is Street Fighter IV? They've only recently added more to that, more fighters equals more hype equals more players. Maybe it's true what the SF fighting community says about the MK players 'Call of Duty' kids who just come for a blood fix between their yearly FPS updates.

Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter are 2 wildly different games. Just as Capcom and NRS are completely different teams with very different fans.

SF's updates come with patches, tweaks/fixes and new tech because it has a very very loyal and competitive audience.

Mk has always held its gore and story over SF while it lacked depth. And constantly introducing new characters into the current story with little to no explanation as to why will irk fans who actually don't care about the gore and love the story, like me and Aldo.

Petitions are pretty worthless and I don't see NRS bending backward to the community more than they already did.

I admit I wished that other characters would get additional costumes, especially when the "ninjas" get the lion's share of costumes, even if they are palette swaps. However, I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Last edited:
I don't understand how we get a fairly big roster yet people want MORE characters.

This isn't MK Trilogy <.<

I don't understand how we get a fairly big roster yet people want MORE characters.

This.

I really wanted Fujin as DLC. I was disappointed that he wasn't one of the four, but I moved on. The game is phenomenal either way. I don't understand why some people want an Ultimate MK9. This isn't 1995 (or Capcom).

Last edited:
It's human nature to never be satisfied, for better or worse. We are all guilty of that to some degree, otherwise no will be out there buying the latest and greatest games and consoles.

Much of the today's fighting game audience are used to having a larger roster. You really don't see many fighting games these days where a roster consists of less than 12 characters, even from indie developers.

DLC is not bad in itself, it's just the way it has be handled where I have issues, especially when they are made during the development cycle.

Last edited:
Give me 8 more characters, new alts for existing characters, a few new fatalities, and a few new stages and an endless Kombat mode...

oh and bring baq the sound effect for Lui Kang's bicycle kick

Call it Ultimate MK and Ill give you $40 for it

You know, now that I think about it, I agree with Aldo. I feel like all the MK4+ characters deserve a more proper reintroduction than being DLC. I liked Kenshi and Rain in MK9, but only their gameplay was fleshed out more, not their character (although I did enjoy Rain's new bio). I would like to see characters like Kenshi, Rain, Fujin, Tanya, Reiko, Kai, and Shinnok have a role in MK10's story; and I know that they'll have some surprises in store for these characters in MK10, so let's not the spoil those surprises by making them DLC for MK9

-More costumes(mk3 sonya,human reptile,mk2 jax,mk3 kung lao,and maybe mk2 ninjas including rain)
-2 or 3 stages like the well(mk3),the tower(mk2),the pit 3(mk3)
-Fixes for AI to use alternate costumes on ladder,and classic music sometimes
-Option to turn on damage on models
-Survival mode(with test your luck option)
-Maybe 2 more characters.Frost and fujin and maybe cyber smoke

I'm happy for saving kombatants in mk10. HOWEVER i personally will be very pissed off if they bring more NON - MK characters. Was excied for weeks trying to figure out who that last silhoutte was. And out of nowehere came freddy kruegar :/.

No point of reference for me, I didn't ever play MK trilogy.

For me, it's not about being dissatisfied with the current game, quite the opposite in fact, I love the game and want to keep playing it for as long as I have SFIV. I definitely don't want to be thinking about MK10, so for me, more dlc means more interest in MK9, which will mean more people online and a good size playerbase and it's as simple as that.

In my opinion it's too late.

DLC works when it comes in short stream bursts.

They were getting money from the not so devoted players because they were coming back to back in rapid succession. we were getting DLC like 1 item every 3 weeks or so? It keeps you in your seat for the rest of the ride.

It's like watching a show you're only half interested in. You stay because it's continually playing/changing, but if you're given the slightest chance to change the channel, you won't look back.

This is why DLC IMO won't work that well anymore. Half the guys that bought them earlier, probably won't buy this time around thus hurting the sales because they already "Got over it" because of the stop in DLC.

In short more DLC would've worked, but they left it dead for too long to "reconsider" it.

No point of reference for me, I didn't ever play MK trilogy.

For me, it's not about being dissatisfied with the current game, quite the opposite in fact, I love the game and want to keep playing it for as long as I have SFIV. I definitely don't want to be thinking about MK10, so for me, more dlc means more interest in MK9, which will mean more people online and a good size playerbase and it's as simple as that.

Trilogy had pretty much every character from MK1-UMK3 and just about every level from those games.

Introducing too many characters in one game takes away the excitement for the next instalment, imo. If characters are left out of the game, it will be far more exciting if they are scheduled to appear in the next game. If everyone is in one game, how is it exciting to wait for the next one? Anyone who owned MK1-UMK3 didn't need to have Trilogy, really....I like Trilogy but it was nothing more than a 'convenient' type of game where you didn't have to pop in any of the other games to play, you just had everything in that one game. IMO, what made the next MK instalment exciting for people was the fact that it was moving away from the norm. Had they stuck with the same MK premise and had most of the same characters, I don't think people would be as interested. It would just be the same game again.

Let's pretend Reptile wasn't in MK9. Reptile fans would be disappointed, of course, but they would be hyped to play the next MK game if he is put in it.

In my opinion it's too late.

DLC works when it comes in short stream bursts.

They were getting money from the not so devoted players because they were coming back to back in rapid succession. we were getting DLC like 1 item every 3 weeks or so? It keeps you in your seat for the rest of the ride.

It's like watching a show you're only half interested in. You stay because it's continually playing/changing, but if you're given the slightest chance to change the channel, you won't look back.

This is why DLC IMO won't work that well anymore. Half the guys that bought them earlier, probably won't buy this time around thus hurting the sales because they already "Got over it" because of the stop in DLC.

In short more DLC would've worked, but they left it dead for too long to "reconsider" it.

Sadly I agree with you on this, I honestly don't think there will be anything further for MK9, but not because they should save stuff for MK10, I just think they should and could have kept the momentum going on MK9 for longer than they did.

But, even though I don't think there will be any further dlc, it won't stop me signing my name to a list of people who like more if there was more, I'm happy to stand up and say I wanted more.