Comic book and Manga thread

nemesiswontdie

I don't like spamming Deadpool stuff in the Just Talk thread so I figured I'd finally make a thread for all comic book related stuff. Be it Marvel or DC or whatever else there is. I also notice there are some manga fans here as well so I figured that we could talk about that here too.

Post your collections, talk about what series you like better and everything else in between.

I've already posted my collection but I'll post the 15 comics I bought today.
IMG_20120304_164526.jpg

Deadpool (series 2) issues 12,13,17,18 and 21
IMG_20120304_191521.jpg

Deadpool Team-Up issues 886,888,889,890,892,893,895,897,899 and X-Force issue 11 from 1992. That comic came out almost 20 years ago. Released on the same month and year as my birthday and had Deadpool on the cover. I had to have it.

I keep my comics in a shoe box but now that I have so many I keep it in just a regular box. But now they have so much room they just fall over but hopefully that'll be fixed soon.
IMG_20120304_212924.jpg

I have 156 comics. 2 are doubles, 2 are none Deadpool related and 1 is a variant cover. The rest of are Deadpool related be it series 2, Deadpool Corps, Suicide Kings or Team-Up.

I never had many mangas except for a few Inuyasha ones when I was around 13 years old. But now I do have the Highschool of the Dead full colored volume 1 set. Good read and it's borderline hentai but no complaints here ;).

Alright discuss!

I'm such a douchebag lol if I see a comic I want at a bookstore I grab it, read it in the bookstore, then leave :laugh:

But I own all the Rosario Vampires up to date. I used to be subscribed to Shonen Jump until all that was good that was left was Naruto.

I'd like to get my hands on some Yu Yu Hakusho manga sometime. Watched the anime all the time as a kid.

I'm such a douchebag lol if I see a comic I want at a bookstore I grab it, read it in the bookstore, then leave :laugh:

But I own all the Rosario Vampires up to date. I used to be subscribed to Shonen Jump until all that was good that was left was Naruto.

I'd like to get my hands on some Yu Yu Hakusho manga sometime. Watched the anime all the time as a kid.

I loved Yu Yu Hakusho as a kid. I haven't watched it since the first season was aired on Toonami.

I always preferred to read the mangas than watch the animes but mangas are soooo ****ing expensive at times it just doesn't seem worth the money, while comics are short but sweet AND cheap.

I loved Yu Yu Hakusho as a kid. I haven't watched it since the first season was aired on Toonami.

I always preferred to read the mangas than watch the animes but mangas are soooo ****ing expensive at times it just doesn't seem worth the money, while comics are short but sweet AND cheap.

EXACTLY.

The whole Rosario Vampire series all together so far cost me

First season: $80

Second: $60

80+60= $140 and I'm not even finished ._.

EXACTLY.

The whole Rosario Vampire series all together so far cost me

First season: $80

Second: $60

80+60= $140 and I'm not even finished ._.

I used to get my Inuyasha mangas at Borders and they were $12 a piece (one book was one episode) and since that series is long running, I have up after about buying the 3rd manga. Screw that noise.

The Highschool of the Dead volume set cost me $55 at Books-A-Million. Was the last one too and someone was trying to buy it from me since I found it first. Lol nope.gif.

I have no idea how much money I've spent on comics. I know it's more than $200 though. I could have had a lot more comics but I ended up buying 5 Marvel Select action figures instead of getting 8 comics (comics are usually $2.99 and the figures were about $25 a piece). But I'm happy that I got those figures.

There's a mini series of Deadpool called Battle Scars and I have issue #3 out of 6 and this is the only one I can find. I know issue 4 was released last month on the 8th but I couldn't find it. I'll most likely have to order issues 1,2 and 4 online.

Has anyone read the Uncharted comics at all? The comic book store has the first few issues and I think I'm going to pick them up next time I get money.

Uncharted comics? Interesting

Right now I'm reading Marvel Zombies. Its so cool!! Once I finish that I'm gonna pick up House of M

Yeah, there is Uncharted comics. I forgot who makes them but my friend who is a bigger comic book collector said they are really good. I think DC makes them.

Marvel Zombies is cool but somethings just don't make any sense like Deadpool and Wolverines healing just randomly shuts down. Kinda lame.

I just got this not long ago, if this even counts

eaee_valve_presents_the_sacrifice.jpg

features the sacrifice l4d comic, every tf2 comic, and some wierdly drawn portal comic I have never heard of but its cool

Yeah it counts lol. I have some collection books. My Deadpool Corps and Suicide Kings are collection books. I didn't feel like taking the time out to look for all of the issues so I just got the books.

So after months on end looking for Deadpool issue #47 at comic book stores around here. I finally just gave up and ordered it online. I don't like ordering comic books online because most of the time they're over priced but oh well. I'm sick of my collection looking like:
40,41,42,43,44,45,46,48,49,49.1 and 50.

I think it might be hard to come by because it was the beginning of the Evil Deadpool arch, but I'm not too sure. But yeah, I finally ordered it and issue #1 because I know that I won't find that in stores.

AAAANNNDDD to top it off, I ordered issues 20,26 and 27 so the 20's and the 40's will be complete.

Last edited:
Where do I get this and does a small percentage of go to charity? Valve :)

Barnes & Noble I think. If you are a fan of valve, I recommend it

I'm not too huge of a comic fan actually, I love graphic novels, but as for comic books, if I do buy them, they are usually random and obscure old used ones from half price books that I get. Like so :

3e3909a3f6a2ea2162bfb545bcf5ef99.jpg

proud owner of this

I love to collect comics. They're fun to read, they're cheap, the artwork is great (depending on the artist).

I also think we should talk about graphic novels in here too. I never saw one anything like that though. I heard the Watchmen one is really good.

as much as I like watchmen, Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns is my favorite.
Such an odd version of the batman universe, but I like it. Story, characters, and art (I like the muted colors) are all great.

Joker design in this version was the only thing I never really liked though. But his part was cool

we really needed this thread good thing nemesis started it. I'd post mine but it's embarrassingly small :embarassed:

but it's ight I just found out there is a new comic book shop close to my house it's called "Zombie Comics"

I'll be spending a lot of cash there

I have:

X-Men
Sailor Moon
Resident Evil
Mortal Kombat
GI Joe
Gambit
Spider-Man

....and some other one off comics I got because they came with my X-Men comics. I forget the names of them (except Thing, that was one of them) but they were actually pretty cool comics.

we really needed this thread good thing nemesis started it. I'd post mine but it's embarrassingly small :embarassed:

but it's ight I just found out there is a new comic book shop close to my house it's called "Zombie Comics"

I'll be spending a lot of cash there

Who cares if it's small (that's NOT what she said)? Post it any where. Everyone's collection has to start somewhere. My friend has over 500 comics. My collection is small compared to his. No big deal to me. I'm happy with what I have.

I went to this other comic book store today and they had a original first pressing X-Men issue #20 for $75.00. Lol naw dude.

So here's the comic numbers I got:

Deadpool:
12,13,14,17,18,19,21,22,23,24,25,26(in the mail),27(also in the mail),28,29,31,32,33,33.1,34,35,36,38,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47(in the mail),48,49,49.1,50 and 51.

Deadpool Team-Up:
889,898,897,896,895,894,893,892,891,890,889,888,886,885 and 883.

Deadpool Max: Christmas Special

Scarlet Spider issue 1
Original X-Force issue 11 (first issue with Domino in it)
Carnage USA issues 2 and 3
Battle Scars issue 3 of 6

I just got this not long ago, if this even counts

eaee_valve_presents_the_sacrifice.jpg

features the sacrifice l4d comic, every tf2 comic, and some wierdly drawn portal comic I have never heard of but its cool

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothings happening! I also want Assassin's Creed The Fall. And the Gears of War comics.