Comic book and Manga thread

That's kick ass. I was thinking about picking up one of the newer Venom comics but I decided not to and got a few X-Force ones instead. I do however have an add in a comic book that can beat the back of your comic book though :p

In the middle of my 1992 June X-Force issue there's a sweet add.

Spoiler:
IMG_20120304_191050.jpg

Spoiler:
IMG_20120304_191058.jpg

Made me lol when I saw it.

here we mutha ****ing go oh shit pringles and curleh mustache

IMG-20120312-00093.jpg

IMG-20120312-00094.jpg

and I have like three Graphic novels but they are in my other house :|
here's an ad I liked seeing in a comic from 09
IMG-20120312-00095.jpg

and on the back of the deadpool we see a different ad but from the same game
IMG-20120312-00100.jpg

and here are two green lantern rings I was given with the purchase of those Blackest Night comics
IMG-20120312-00098.jpg

and here's a poster from that wolverine comic
IMG-20120312-00097.jpg

I'll be buying more soon :)

here we mutha ****ing go oh shit pringles and curleh mustache

IMG-20120312-00093.jpg

IMG-20120312-00094.jpg

and I have like three Graphic novels but they are in my other house :|
here's an ad I liked seeing in a comic from 09
IMG-20120312-00095.jpg

and on the back of the deadpool we see a different ad but from the same game
IMG-20120312-00100.jpg

and here are two green lantern rings I was given with the purchase of those Blackest Night comics
IMG-20120312-00098.jpg

and here's a poster from that wolverine comic
IMG-20120312-00097.jpg

I'll be buying more soon :)

I see Deadpool 18! and hole-e shit this thread is actually getting post and its not just ****ing me posting over agd over agian. Nice collection btw.

thanks dude, and later on this week I'm going to get some new deadpools and Batmans from the new 52 if I can get a ride lol

thanks dude, and later on this week I'm going to get some new deadpools and Batmans from the new 52 if I can get a ride lol

The new Deadpools are really good. If I may suggest, if you can. Pick up issues 44-52 (52 being the newest) because the Evil Deadpool arch and the DEAD arch are fantastic. The Evil Deadpool story is ****ing hilarious. The DEAD story so far though has few laughs. Seems like Deadpool is actually trying to die this time.

I'm not going to lie. I kind of hope that Deadpool actually does die. How shitty would it be to never die? Now is his chance (won't spoil anything) to finally die and I think he kind of needs to. But unfortunately I don't think he will because I have something for the A vs. X series and it shows that he's in it and he's a wild card and the series doesn't come out till April so I don't know if he's going to be dead or not.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of getting these star wars comics called Darth Vader and the Lost Command, anyone else read them and if you did, are they any good?

Nice collection.

I can understand not getting into them. When I first started reading comics a few years ago, I liked to read them but at times the comic would just lose it's appeal half way through the issue and it felt like a chore just reading the rest of it (I don't like to start something and not finish it).

Now I read all my comics with joy because I enjoy reading :D

Thanks. I tend to be "hot and cold" when it comes to reading. I have to get be in the mood to read or not read anything. However, it's more of the case of text-based books than comics.

I'm overwhelmed with Marvel/DC because I don't know where to start. Both have been around for over 50 years and still publish material to this day. Unless the comics are episodic in nature, I tend to lean to that come to an end within a reasonable length of time. It's one of the reasons I dropped Naruto.

FlawlessVictor gets major props for mentioning Usagi Yojimbo. :D

At this time, I only have a single book published by Fantagraphics. However, I did enjoy what little I read and want to add more to the collection.

Last edited:
While showing my cousin around town I decided to hit up the mall and stop by Books A Million. They have a small comic section. I saw the new issue of Shattered Hero's: Battle Scars (limited Deadpool series) issue 4. Books A Million is the only place I've seen these comics. I have issue 3 and 4. I haven't even seen them at the other comic book stores I go to. Strange.

I'm thinking of getting these star wars comics called Darth Vader and the Lost Command, anyone else read them and if you did, are they any good?

17937.jpg
star-wars-darth-vader-lost-command-20110107020936977-000.jpg

Looks cool enough. I still want to get my hands on Assassin's Creed The Fall or a set of Gears of War comics.

Most of mine are stand-alone or just odds and ends of the various series.

1. Black Lagoon
2. Thieves World Graphics
3. Blacksad
4. Valerian
5. The Legend of Mother Sarah
6. Akira
7. Lupin III
8. Gon
9. Naruto
10. Usagi Yojimbo
11. Danger Girl
12. Zot
13. Krazy Kat
14. Flight

For some reason, I don't have a single Marvel or DC comic. I can respect the drawings of the artists, but I can't get into reading them.

I have more, but that's all I think of at the top of my head.

Yesss.... Black Lagoon

Boba Fett is the shit.

I think Dark Horse makes the Dragon Age comics and being a huge Dragon Age fan I gotta check them out.

Also I got 3 comics in today. Deadpool (series 2) issue 26,27 and I FINALLY ****ING GOT ISSUE 47! **** YOU COMIC BOOK STORES FOR BEING SOLD OUT!

IMG_20120308_122933.jpg

Speaking of Boba Fett there are theres this comic series called Boba Fett: Enemy of the Empire, the best issue is the last one, where Boba Fett fights Darth Vader.

swbfee4.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of Boba Fett there are theres this comic series called Boba Fett: Enemy of the Empire, the best issue is the last one, where Boba Fett fights Darth Vader.

View attachment 2762

I must read this!!! I love Boba Fett. My all time favorite Star Wars character. Always will be. He's my Sub-Zero for Star Wars.

I own:
3 Issues of Moon Knight
10 Issues of The Punisher
4 Issues of Batman
17 Issues of Witchblade(I really really really REALLY love Witchblade)
2 Issues of Spiderman
2 Issues of Iron Man

I'm going to get some Captain America comics with my next paycheck.

On a side note:

I nearly bought out the store's stock of Witchblade. If I keep it up, I won't have any more room for these things...lol

IMG_20120331_225730.jpg

Got Deadpool issue #52 today. I'm about to read it now. I'm not really liking how they are dragging this DEAD arc thing on to be honest. Either hurry up and kill him or don't.

IMG_20120403_192757.jpg

Well I bought these 3 today...I didn't know I already had issue 24 so now I have 2 issues of it.

****. Wasted money. Oh well. I'll probably trade it to a friend of mine if he doesn't have it for one of his Carnage USA comics.