Comic book and Manga thread

Thats true, to be honest, I didn't really understand most of it either until I started using the digital comics; fortunately most of the stuff that needed referencing were already available so I could just skip to there when needed. Its kinda funny, that arc was the reason why so many people hated Tony Stark lol.

I thought they all had good reason as to why which side they were on to be honest, so I never chose a side. Even Deadpool was part of it and I didn't side with him. I seriously thought that they all made valid points to what they were fighting for. But as I said, I never got really into it.

But yeah, you pretty much NEED the digital comics to understand the Civil War unless you have every ****ing Marvel comic known to mankind.

Oh man, thats kinda disappointing lol. Who's in it, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not really sure, I haven't read it yet.

EDIT: actully yes, Revan is in it. I actully thought it was the other Knights of the Old Republic comic series (also written by Dark Horse).

Last edited:
But yeah, you pretty much NEED the digital comics to understand the Civil War unless you have every ****ing Marvel comic known to mankind.

Lol, thats so true, most arcs tend to do that, which sucks, buts that's expected I guess. Are you interested in the Avengers vs X-men arc going on?

I'm not really sure, I haven't read it yet.EDIT: actully yes, Revan is in it. I actully thought it was the other Knights of the Old Republic comic series (also written by Dark Horse).
Well, I'm happy again lol. I'm definitely gonna check it out whenever I can, thanks Yantja!

Lol, thats so true, most arcs tend to do that, which sucks, buts that's expected I guess. Are you interested in the Avengers vs X-men arc going on?

Of course I am! Unfortunately though, every comic book store was practically sold out by day one. I'll have to wait till a second pressing I bet.

Bumping this thread because of all the comic book talk that's been going on because of Jade and I <3

Not really comic book related but Marvel is making another line of Marvel Legends action figures and they released a pic of Deadpool in his X-Force outfit so I'm hoping to God that they release him with his gray and black X-Force suit and he comes with 2 pistols,2 katanas and a kick ass base for him to stand on.

I actually just got my Scott Pilgrim comics back from my brother. I forgot how much I loved the format of things not being explained at all. It's really an acquired taste.

My Scott Pilgrim comics were in my car that I haven't driven in months and they are all worn out, dirty and crumbled up. So I'm going to have to buy a new set, thankfully they announced a full color set of all 6 comics so I'm just going to buy that when it gets released.

My Scott Pilgrim comics were in my car that I haven't driven in months and they are all worn out, dirty and crumbled up. So I'm going to have to buy a new set, thankfully they announced a full color set of all 6 comics so I'm just going to buy that when it gets released.

Holy shit.

I'm getting that. The beginning of volume 4 is like one of my favorites just because it's in color.

one of my favorite comics ever!
jsi01.jpg

crown+of+horns.jpg

I wanted to read Bone, but being the miser that I am, put off buying a copy.

Has anybody read Cerebus series by any chance? I seen some copies at used book store, and plan on getting one of the books (unless someone else already nabbed it) and I'm not sure where to start. I already have Jaka's Story, which I need to finish up.

I'm nearing finishing Rosario + Vampire Shira. The first season anyway.

Also did you guys hear that their making a new Green Latern series and the dude is gay?

In short DC be some homos :laugh:

Also did you guys hear that their making a new Green Latern series and the dude is gay?

Nice! Second season is a real blast because it's almost nothing like the anime's second season.

And that is such a stupid decision by DC. I have NOTHING against the gay community but if Iron Man became gay, I'd be flipping a lot of tables.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

As for the whole gay thing. I don't have a problem with it, but I think they could have chosen a better character to be gay than the Green Lantern.