Comic book and Manga thread

Anyone else here have The Thrawn Trilogy, it was once a book but dark horse made them into graphic novels. I finished reading the first one (Heir to the Empire) now reading the second one (Dark Force Rising)

904393-dfr1_large.jpg

That lol moment when you buy EVERY Deadpool issue 53 from the comic book store and they never even had it on the shelf. **** people. I'LL BUY THEM ALL!...They only had 3. Which is fine by me.
IMG_20120411_113657.jpg

Also, check this out. You guys are gonna love this. I saw it and knew I had to have it.
Spoiler:
IMG_20120411_113719.jpg

It's not even made by Marvel. They had it in the Marvel section though because it kind of looks like a legit Marvel comic (the way it's drawn and everything).

I haven't read it yet though. I am going to get something to eat and then read my issue 53 because the end of 52 was ****ing insane!

So either Deadpool dies in issue 54 or the DEAD arch ends next issue. In the back of 53 it says "DEAD: concludes".

And the release date is like May 12th so I got a whole month to wait which sucks. Oh well. Nothing I can do about it.

Going to the comic book store here in a bit to pick up the last Carnage USA comic. I'll have issues 2,3 and 5. I didn't know 4 was already released. They re-released issue 1 but I don't want it because I don't do re-releases. Not my thing. It's got a different cover too which I don't like.

I've also been wanting to get into X 23 because she looks ****ing awesome.

Went to the comic book store just now and bought the last copy of Carnage USA. They had Tool playing on the radio in the store. Random I know but that's awesome. The chick that works there is hot too.

Also picked up X-Force issue 22 because I thought I had 20 and 21. I haven't looked yet...
IMG_20120412_154718.jpg

EDIT: Well. Come to find out that I already ****ing had X-Force 22. I HATE it when I do that. I really need to start carrying around a list of all the comics I have so I know I won't get doubles of the comics I don't want doubles of.
IMG_20120412_155117.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I had comic stores near me; my only option is paying for Marvel's Digital Comics. It's cool, but it kinda sucks because they don't have the most recent comics, but its good for catching up on past arcs.

I wish I had comic stores near me; my only option is paying for Marvel's Digital Comics. It's cool, but it kinda sucks because they don't have the most recent comics, but its good for catching up on past arcs.

That's true. My problem with Marvel's Digital Comics was that they don't have all the issues of past comics. I noticed that when I was first reading Deadpool comics a year ago. The issues would go:

issue 1
issue 2
issue 3
issue 4
issue 5
issue 7
issue 8
issue 10
issue 11
issue 12
issue 13
issue 15
issue 18
And so on

I hate when they skipped shit because now I don't know what the **** is going on. Other than that though, it's really good.

That's true. My problem with Marvel's Digital Comics was that they don't have all the issues of past comics. I noticed that when I was first reading Deadpool comics a year ago. The issues would go:

issue 1
issue 2
issue 3
issue 4
issue 5
issue 7
issue 8
issue 10
issue 11
issue 12
issue 13
issue 15
issue 18
And so on

I hate when they skipped shit because now I don't know what the **** is going on. Other than that though, it's really good.

I had the same problem with the Dark Horse Comics app when I was trying to get Star Wars comics, but now they updated and fixed it.

That pissed me off so much lol; I was glad that they had all the Cable and Deadpool Comics, but when I tried reading just straight DP stuff, they'd skip around, and it was the more interesting stuff too! If you're gonna have the comic series on there, at least have all the comics up to a certain point, ya know? instead of just skipping some and having the rest. At least I got my Nova fix, even though they skipped some of those too :/ Overall though I do like Marvel's Digital Comics too.

I didn't get to read Cable and Deadpool comics. I was thinking about buying the collection books when I get the money for them since they do interest me.

I'd highly recommend it; its pretty awesome. Cable and DP complement each other pretty well plus its pretty funny. Plus it links into the Civil War arc, which is probably one of my favorite arcs of all-time.

I'd highly recommend it; its pretty awesome. Cable and DP complement each other pretty well plus its pretty funny. Plus it links into the Civil War arc, which is probably one of my favorite arcs of all-time.

I tried reading the Civil War. Couldn't get into it. It jumps around WAY too much. I can't read 2 or 3 pages without it saying 'TOO UNDERSTAND THIS READ THOR ISSUE 192' 'TO GET THIS REFERENCE READ SPIDER-MAN ISSUE 554'. It jumps around way too much for me to get into it. The idea of it is cool but, I don't know. I'm not going to read it.

Anyone else here have The Thrawn Trilogy, it was once a book but dark horse made them into graphic novels. I finished reading the first one (Heir to the Empire) now reading the second one (Dark Force Rising)

View attachment 2947

I used to have all the Dark Horse 90s SW stuff, including Dark Empire (great story!). I miss oldschool Star Wars comics, like Splinter of the Mind's Eye and Tales of the Jedi.

I tried reading the Civil War. Couldn't get into it. It jumps around WAY too much. I can't read 2 or 3 pages without it saying 'TOO UNDERSTAND THIS READ THOR ISSUE 192' 'TO GET THIS REFERENCE READ SPIDER-MAN ISSUE 554'. It jumps around way too much for me to get into it. The idea of it is cool but, I don't know. I'm not going to read it.

Thats true, to be honest, I didn't really understand most of it either until I started using the digital comics; fortunately most of the stuff that needed referencing were already available so I could just skip to there when needed. Its kinda funny, that arc was the reason why so many people hated Tony Stark lol.

I used to have all the Dark Horse 90s SW stuff, including Dark Empire (great story!). I miss oldschool Star Wars comics, like Splinter of the Mind's Eye and Tales of the Jedi.

Man, I really wanna read Dark Empire, but first I gotta finish reading The Thrawn Trilogy, after I'm done reading that and Dark Empire, I'm gonna read Invasion, which I think has the Yuuzhan Vong in it.

Did Dark Horse ever do anything with the KOTOR series? I'd be really interested in reading any comics that relate to it.