Comic book and Manga thread

Another slew of random questions:

Can Deadpool die at all?

Does Spider-Man have Aquaman type powers when it comes to arachnids?

Is Galactus like the god of the Marvel universe?

Does The Rhino just wear a suit? Or is he like a mutant?

I can answer the first question. Not about the other stuff, my friend who collects Spider-Man comics could tell you the Spider-Man answers though

Deadpool cannot die when he has his healing factor. However in the main universe, he doesn't have them anymore for the time being. Deadpool wanted to die and set up this huge elaborate plan and his friend Bob (from H.Y.D.R.A.) stabbed him with a needle that had a anti-healing factor syrum in it and now he doesn't have his healing factor anymore. Right now he's able to die and he's on the 'black list' which is a bunch of his nemesis' coming after him to kill him since they know they can permanently kill him now.

They even mention him not having his healing anymore in X-Force #28. Nightcrawler asks him if he lost his healing and Deadpool says yes.
Nightcrawler then ask's him why he's still in the X-Force since it's the most dangerous group and he replies with "because it's the closest thing I have to a family".

Anyways. Yes. As of right now, he can die. But I already know he won't die for quite a long time :)

Also, no I don't think Galactus is the "god" of the Marvel Universe. He's just a planet eater basically lol. I'm not too sure on that since I don't read anything of Fantastic 4.

Does Spider-Man have Aquaman type powers when it comes to arachnids?

No, lol, he is just basically a dude that can do what spiders can do but he can't talk to them or control them or anything.

Is Galactus like the god of the Marvel universe?

Well, he is sort of a God, so I guess you can look at him like that.

Does The Rhino just wear a suit? Or is he like a mutant?

He's a dude in a suit.

I can answer the Rhino question too in a bit o' depth; not a lot though haha. He took part in an experiment and that's were his powers come from. He was naturally a big dude though lol. His hard skin was also part of the result of the experiment. I'm not sure how he got the suit though.

Thanks for clearing up that Galactus thing. Like I said, I don't know much about him since he seems to be part of the Fantastic 4 stuff and I only know minimal stuff about them.

Isn't he more of a cosmic entity with God-like powers?

The Fantastic Four met God once when they went to heaven to bring The Thing back. He was an old white haired guy with a drawing board. Stan Lee was never good at being subtle.

Okay, thank you for the answers.

One more.

Ghost Rider, ultimate badass. Confirm or deny?

He made Hulk burn and pisses fire, what more do you need?

Seriously though, I think Johnny's pretty awesome. I remember when he killed Strange, he looked so friggin sick holding his throat. If I can find the image I'll link it here.

Here it is:
1914181-gr2_super.jpg

Penance stare :love:

Last edited:
What Jade said. I don't collect Ghost Rider but he's pretty cool in my book. His team up with Deadpool was pretty cool actually.
teamup897.jpg

The movies are fruity as hell. Watched half of the first and never watched a second of the sequel.

The game though? That shit was so badass. It was a complete rip off of God of War, but it was so much funner/harder. Plus you could unlock Blade as a character. And that shit had a Mario Kart style racing mode, I always picked the Scarecrow.

Anyone here read Spawn at all? I used to for a while. I used to have to read them in Portuguese when I lived in Brazil. It's funny, because comics like Spawn were my gateway into written Portuguese (A language I grew up speaking but didn't learn to write and read in until I was in my early teens). Made for interesting reading with my tutor at the time. Fortunately, whoever McFarlane & company got to do the translations was a brilliant writer and very poetic.

Me and BBBLP were just talking about Spawn on our walls a bit ago. I never got the chance to read them but I am interested in them. They started to reprint them awhile ago but I'm too far behind now so I'm going to have to pass on them until they come out with a collected issue book for a decent price.

I have 2 books that have a bunch of Spawn comics. I lub Spawn. He is probably my favorite superhero, even though he is more of an anti hero.

I read WildCats/Spawn crossover when I was visiting my cousins who lived in another country. It's one of the few books that they had in English. They also had a book that explained the Spawn universe. Much to my surprised I didn't see any regular Spawn comics nearby. Perhaps they had some stashed somewhere, but I didn't want to intrude more than I already did. If I ever get around to reading it, I want to start from beginning but haven't found copies yet.

Edit:
I stumbled upon this last week and read it during the weekend.

imgBook-NWPcover.aspx

It's an adventure series set in the mid-1700s when European powers (especially Britain and France) are vying for control over the New World. The title is misleading at this point, since the plot has nothing to do with the search for that elusive alternate sea route to Asia. Instead the conflict revolves around the rivalry between a French and British fur trading company that has escalated to violence. To my knowledge, there are only 3 installments published so far, enough to conclude the said rivalry. I hope the continuation of the series will come to fruition.

Last edited:
Me and BBBLP were just talking about Spawn on our walls a bit ago. I never got the chance to read them but I am interested in them. They started to reprint them awhile ago but I'm too far behind now so I'm going to have to pass on them until they come out with a collected issue book for a decent price.

If you want to get the gist of Spawn without breaking your bank watch his Hbo cartoon. You get the feel for his character and why he's a torchered soul. On the filp side of that through I don't know how closely it follows the comic.

Like I was telling BBBLP last night, Deadpool is a merc who kills for money, but he does have a heart. This is a good example. In X-Force they were supposed to kill Apocalypse who was in a child. They decided to not kill him and raise him to be good instead of evil. Just when they decided that, Fantomex shot the kid in the head and killed him. They were all in shock but Fantomex said it needed to be done. Deadpool then calls for a X-Force meet up. Take a look. It's one of my favorite Deadpool moments.

Spoiler:
x1.png

x2.png

x3.png

x4.png

x5.png

x6.png

x7.png

x8.png

x9.png

x10.png

x11.png

The movies are fruity as hell. Watched half of the first and never watched a second of the sequel.

The game though? That shit was so badass. It was a complete rip off of God of War, but it was so much funner/harder. Plus you could unlock Blade as a character. And that shit had a Mario Kart style racing mode, I always picked the Scarecrow.

If you thought the first movie was bad, wow, man, the second one will just make you want to die. So awful, so very awful.