Election 2012 - The Thread

I really want to take this moment to mention how incompetent and moronic The Republic of Lunacy Texas' politicians and leaders are. Both Rick Perry and it's Attorney General, Mr. Abbott, are not only grandstanding and taking a boneheaded stance by threatening to arrest OSCE election monitors that the US--one of the member states of the OSCE and a founding nation, whose job it is to observe elections to not only encourage them to be free and fair, but to learn good practices and help bring them to other countries--invited, but also in contradiction of U.S. law. Mr. Abbott is assumedly, a Juris Doctor, so this doesn't just say he's a bonehead partisan, but also incompetent at his job as the highest legal prosecutor and enforcer of his state. OSCE workers have diplomatic immunity.

Good job, Texans, for electing these guys. You're all made to look stupid by association in the eyes of the rest of the country, even if you're actually wonderfully smart.

I voted for Gary Johnson,

And no one can make me feel bad about it.

A wasted vote is a vote for someone I don't believe in, and I dislike Obama/Romney almost equally.

Gary Johnson,

Hell even Jill Stein/Rocky Anderson are great people.

But Gary Johnson has the most stances that I agree with. While Romney and Obama have almost zero.

Blue vs Red is a fixed game. And I will never support it.

The best way to fix this country is awareness in money in politics. possibly removing corporation donations even.

Corporations own the media, and they own your politicians. And their interests go hand in hand.

This are issues that are extremely important to me.

WAR
Civil Liberties
Equality
REAL seperation of church and state
Pro-choice everything.
State Level education.
No Guaranteed federal loans.
War on Drugs(Ending it)

Live Free.

That's all well and good, CL... but it's all talk. If you don't vote for something that can win, you can't win.

What's the point in voting for something that can win, If I don't agree with the killing of innocent children in Signature strikes

What's the point in voting for something that can win if they support taking away my civil liberties by supporting Warrantless wiretapping/ Indefinite detention of US citizens/ Assassination of US citizens(already happened and he was a minor)

What's the point in voting for something that can win, If they want to attack Iran and create millions of more enemies we otherwise wouldn't have?

That's the point in voting for something, if their choices made are easily seens as influenced by outside money in the form of SUPER PACS ect ect.

Don't act all high and mighty as you continue to vote using that thought process.

You're not different than the kid that says "I'm not gonna vote because My 1 vote won't make a difference anyways"

IT WOULD make a difference if EVERYONE stops thinking like that.

You allow it to be fed into your brain that it can only be red vs blue.

In my eyes you are the immoral ones that will continue to vote people that will continue to increase our problems.

Obama vs Romney?

it's a choice between something like Starving to death, or death by terminal cancer in my eyes. Well, I'm not doing that.

I can win in the long term by showing a increase in interest for 3rd parties and working on attacking the comission that is run by a former Republican chairman and democratic chairman that both took lobbying money.

And awareness of money in politics.

I'm not gonna vote for a guy that can win if I only agree with 20% of anything he says.

and that 20% is little things in the scope of the big problem

MAYBE you agree with them more than 75% or so?

good for you, you got a candidate.

I don't. So don't act like you understand.

You're right, CL. If enough people vote for a third party, they could win. That's simple math. I'd be one hell of a doofus to argue against that. My question is, what's your plan for getting that many people to vote for a third party?

You're right, CL. If enough people vote for a third party, they could win. That's simple math. I'd be one hell of a doofus to argue against that. My question is, what's your plan for getting that many people to vote for a third party?

Do you know about the commission set up in my previous post that's edited?

You have to attack that.

you also have to show an increase in votes. If third party always stays the same going at 2% nationally. But if say... this time it goes 10% nationally?

Well you have atleast back up evidence, that 3rd party interest is growing and you can make a sound argument that it will one day become viable, and the more people believe it's viable, the more likely people are to think "It's not a wasted vote" which is screwed into your brains to think that way.

The media does a horrible job on informing the masses, because the GOOD thigns you need to know are drowned out, because corporate interest influence media.

It's a lot of problems.

But I don't think sitting at home every day, reading on policies, and just voting on lesser of "two" evil every year until the evil boils over the pot. Is the answer either.

What's your answer? continue to vote for the guy that gives less money to wall st at the expense of tax payers?
continue to vote for the guy that takes money from defense contractors? and wants wars to benefit their contributors pockets, thus creating enemies for me and you?

EDIT: attack the comission team that runs the elections
attack money in politics
give more choices in candidates.

Why Would Romney Want to be President?

He'd just be moving into a smaller house and making less money anyway

Re: Why Would Romney Want to be President?

My belief is that Romney was a fat cat that was given a proposition to run for president. He never had any intention or chance of winning. It was just sliding in a hunk of shit that stunk worse than Obama to make sure that Obama won.

I voted for Gary Johnson,

And no one can make me feel bad about it.

A wasted vote is a vote for someone I don't believe in, and I dislike Obama/Romney almost equally.

Gary Johnson,

Hell even Jill Stein/Rocky Anderson are great people.

But Gary Johnson has the most stances that I agree with. While Romney and Obama have almost zero.

Blue vs Red is a fixed game. And I will never support it.

The best way to fix this country is awareness in money in politics. possibly removing corporation donations even.

Corporations own the media, and they own your politicians. And their interests go hand in hand.

This are issues that are extremely important to me.

WAR
Civil Liberties
Equality
REAL seperation of church and state
Pro-choice everything.
State Level education.
No Guaranteed federal loans.
War on Drugs(Ending it)

Live Free.

I saw this on the ballot and thought of you as I circled in Romney/Ryan...

Re: Why Would Romney Want to be President?

My belief is that Romney was a fat cat that was given a proposition to run for president. He never had any intention or chance of winning. It was just sliding in a hunk of shit that stunk worse than Obama to make sure that Obama won.

I don't believe that, with as much money as corporations were throwing at him to try and win, and at how hard fox news tries to make the race look closer than it really was.

Romney had the Bush Neo cons on board with him. I think he was legit going for a win, he just changed positions/47%/flipflop/steal money from middle class give to rich. That he became a joke to anyone paying attention.

So much talk about the presidential election... what about the other races? Anything nifty happen in your locales? What do you guys think about Colorado legalizing marijuana?

I love that damn video, lol cracks me up whenever I watch it, especially when the VP nominee shows up.

This one cracked me up too after the election. So simple but made me laugh so hard, especially at the description of the video.

Did anyone honestly think Romney was going to win?

Romney and the republicans actually believed they were going to win by a landslide.

like they were shell shocked.

Romney was so sure, that he didn't even prepare a concede speech, that's why his speach was so short. He had to quickly write one when he realized he lost.

Obama lovers, that voted obama, prepare for a not so victory victory.

Probably won on a few issues like abortion/gay rights(to some). and that Romney would've destroyed the economy faster with his even HIGHER want for War.

But after watching these 2 videos. which I greatly share my opinion with.

Nothing will change... again.

My prediction anyways.

Last edited: