Election 2012 - The Thread

In some interesting news, Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-ME) won't be running for re-election, as a huge surprise. People were already projecting the next Senate might be split 50-50 again for the fourth time in history, so this surprise story might be what tips the scales in Democrats' favor. Snowe was the 2nd-most moderate Republican senator, and she represented Maine, a very Democratic state. That now looks to be Democrats' biggest pick-up opportunity for this election cycle, and now the chances of a 51-49 or 52-48 Senate are more realistic.

The GOP should be alarmed; the bottom is dropping out on their party with retirement of the sane, moderate voices in their party.

Speaking of congress did you guys hear those "geniuses" talk about SOPA? It was painful to hear how badly they understand the Internet and how it works.

"let's get some nerds in here!"

Granted atleast this guy knows he is dumb when it comes to the Internet. And realized they needed outside help

Speaking of congress did you guys hear those "geniuses" talk about SOPA? It was painful to hear how badly they understand the Internet and how it works.

"let's get some nerds in here!"

Granted atleast this guy knows he is dumb when it comes to the Internet. And realized they needed outside help

I do think it's pretty difficult for the average adult 40 and over to understand how the internet works. I mean hell, I practically grew up with the internet (playing around on usenet when I was a tot) and I don't fully understand how it works, though I have a fairly clear picture of its topology and such, I think the problem for most older people (i.e. senior politicians) is that they have trouble grasping digital media in general, open licenses, digital fair use, GPL, stuff like that which exists because of the give-and-take of intellectual property in the digital age. They also don't understand the value of the internet as a truly neutral, politically-unaffiliated space for the exchange of ideas (or if they do, they see it as a threat).

Net-neutrality is hugely important not just for sharing of legitimate information (not copyrighted media) but because it puts person-to-person diplomacy in everyones' hands. You don't have to go through big business media or diplomatic channels to communicate with large numbers of people in another nation; it brings the world closer together, for the first time creating a 'global consciousness' as opposed to just a local community, regional, or national consciousness. This decentralization of originators and ideas inherently takes power away from large telecom outlets and government mouthpieces, making the people themselves the producers of information and product rather than just consumers. The internet isn't even without its own jargon, (multi)cultural identity or customs, though hardly tightly unified and considerably factional. I think large mass media communications and governments are truly afraid of this shift of power and importance away from them and to the people themselves, as they no longer are the decision-makers of what ideas get lodged into the public awareness; the people do it themselves and are self-regulating. Look at the Occupy movement, the world's first legitimate Stand-Alone Complex. Whether you agree with its ethos or not, it exists because of this new form of communication and social awareness.

Santorum is a raging bigot, and an utter moron. Nothing new. He's also to my knowledge never attempted to enlist and actively avoided service (like many prominent GOPers). He understands nothing about service to our nation.

Santorum and Gingrich dropped out... and they are trying to already claim Romney as the nominee?

But wait....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/may/04/ron-paul-delegate-strategy-gop-nomination?newsfeed=true

http://communities.washingtontimes....-paul-delegate-strategy-perfectly-legitimate/

Basically Ron Paul has won Alaska, Iowa, Minnesota, Louisianna(75% of the delegates), Washington State for sure. And looking really good in Rhode Island, Maine, Colorado, Nevada.

He's definitely reached the plurality of 5 states plus many more.

Ron Paul Delegates have also infiltrated Romney Slots, in states where the primaries are winner takes all, Ron paul has taken up majority if not a good chunk of the percentage of the delegates even in the winner takes all process.

Now the mainstream media is trying to say that this destroys democracy. As in the 2nd link. You will see it's not unfair. The rules are this way, to prevent the upper half from beating the minority. The Romney supporters are allowed to stay for the after party convention to elect delegates if they want. But his support is not there despite the HUGE vote tally for him. He has ZERO enthusiasm going toward him. Alot of people are just voting for him because MSM tells them "Romney, or another 4 years of Obama"

Frankly IMO, since they are both lobby'd by Goldmann sach's I think it's 4 more years of obama no matter who wins.

Obama would destroy romney anyways because Romney has made a fool of himself with all his flip flopping, The fact that pauls delegates will not vote for romney or obama. Romney is ****ed.

So now, in the first round of ballots you might say "Well Romney won so many winner takes all where the votes are bound to romeny" He might win the eleven hundred or so delegates to secure nomination. But that's not the case

We just learned that THIS:

People kept making fun of me saying he has no chance.

I hope I sit in the same seat as the guy who called freddy. And can tell everyone to suck my dick.
I've been working hard calling random people's houses out of states to get votes/explaining delegate process to upcoming states.

If its not Ron Paul and/or Gary Johnson, then I'm not interested.

Ron Paul beating Romney would the greatest and most hilarious thing ever. It would certainly make my year, and I can't wait to see how the GOP would (hypothetically) react. They like to talk about unifying the party and ousting Obama as a priority; lets see how they feel if Ron Paul is their nominee.

If its not Ron Paul and/or Gary Johnson, then I'm not interested.

Ron Paul beating Romney would the greatest and most hilarious thing ever. It would certainly make my year, and I can't wait to see how the GOP would (hypothetically) react. They like to talk about unifying the party and ousting Obama as a priority; lets see how they feel if Ron Paul is their nominee.

GOP is freaking out. They are trying to call us railroaders when THEY are the ones that railroaded.

Look at North Dakota, Find out how they railroaded all the delegates to Romney.

They have been cheating Ron Paul supporters STATE after STATE. but because THIS TIME we're all well informed. We keep brining up the rules and we take over the GOP.

One lady I believe it was Alaska? maybe washington. Tried ot lie and say that anyone who takes over chairmen must pay for the building venue and insurance. She got called out.

I can link you videos of voter fraud/railroading if you are interested.

I mean lol.... look at this. This is why he's not getting delegates like he "should"

I just want to bring this up again.

Ron Paul would get absolutely nothing done if he gets elected. You think Obama didnt get anything done? Wait until our idiotic congress to meet Ron Paul. They will reject his ideas faster than you can say his name.

This is false. As commander in Chief, He tells the military what to do. He can easily w/o approval of congress withdrawal ALL out troops around the world and bring them home.

Where they can also spend their money HERE in US stimulating the economy instead of giving our economy to other nations.

The reason he can guarantee 1 trillion cut year 1, is because he doesn't need assistance from congress to cut back the military as much as he wants.

Our military is bigger atm than all other countries COMBINED. I think we're a bit overkill.

graph5.gif

Please take note this is 2002....

we've grown out military ALOT since then.

We spend almost a trillion dollars a year on military.

This isn't counting Foreign aid, ect ect.

Hypothetical.

If Ron Paul's Elected who would you like to see VP?

Gary Johnson
Judge Napolitano
John Stossel
Rand Paul

Any of these sound pretty nice :D

Last edited:
I don not care who the VP is as long as it isn't Paul Ryan. He is the Antichrist and even worse he is an AYN RANDER!

Also while we're on the topic of defense spending.....

Last edited:
lol nice....

LESS JOBS, for the MOST MONEY.

Thanks for that video

I know this might be over worrying.

N9195v the reason I care about VP is because I have a very slight worry about Ron Pauls Assassination. I know this is government conspiracy stuff. But the fact Ron Paul wants to close the CIA, and End the Fed. And go for a Peaceful approach on foreign policy.

I just think JFK and the problems he had with CIA. They HATED eachother while in office. CIA were trying to make up ways for us to go into Cuba during the cuba missile crisis. JFK said "NO, I'll take the blame if florida is shot" And negotiated.

I'm not saying CIA killed JFK as if it were fact. But i'm allowed to worry. I'd be a fool to not look at some of the inconsistencies of his death.

Last edited:
I want Judge Napolitano as Paul's hypothetical Vice President. That would be a monster ticket.

My second choice would be Gary Johnson, but he's more than likely running on the Libertarian ticket. But, Paul/Johnson would be sweet.

Ron Paul won 21/21 delegates in main 100% victory.

And he win like every single one in Nevada minus like 3.

Just an update.

Voter Fraud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgMQmfOGhQs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43bLH-ZSx0w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3ZyJofBYGM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU3HnDovu9I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pxTkS24gXQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEM3f4x4yzM(Not really fraud, but GOP making it harder for supporters to become delegates)

One place even charged 200$ venue fee and told people it was "For the food" in an attempt to block ron paul supporters from the conventions.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, Ron Paul is officially the RNC Nominee for President!

Oh, wait...this just in... *holds hand to ear* It wasn't a brokered convention? Okay. Ladies and gentlemen, it appears Mitt Romney is the nominee.

*whoopie cushion sound*

So.... there are bunch of people here who are of the age that this would be their first presidential election... you guys planning to vote?

I'm planning to vote, honestly bbblp I was about to give you this whole hoorah speech of why you should vote but I can't.

I can't really find a reason to complain about your view.

None of it matters Yung. The reason we vote is the same reason a parent gives their child a toy steering wheel in the car.

"If voting actually changed anything, they'd make it illegal" Emma Goldman