Election 2012 - The Thread

As much as I love Ron Paul, he won't get elected. It just won't happen. His policies don't govern enough support for him to win a Presidential election. I doubt he'd even get a good run on the popular vote.

yeah, thats pretty much true. Which is a shame cause he's the only guy I'd think about voting for. He doesnt seem to give off a filthy scum vibe like the rest of em. And I like what he has to say.

But hey, I think he's actually doing better than Newt Gingrich. I dont know why Newt is doing so bad, if its because of his marrige thing, then thats pretty pathetic that his own people wont vote for someone just because they got a divorce. But I havnt looked into it so I guess I cant say much about him and this situation. So if somone would like to inform me on why he's doing so bad, you are welcome to.

Hey look! I Kan give the semblanke of being an edukated Samaritan by diskussing topiks beyond the skope of my expertise in order to impress my online friends!

I hope Rick Perry wins. I fully support this evangelikal Mormon.

yeah, thats pretty much true. Which is a shame cause he's the only guy I'd think about voting for. He doesnt seem to give off a filthy scum vibe like the rest of em. And I like what he has to say.

But hey, I think he's actually doing better than Newt Gingrich. I dont know why Newt is doing so bad, if its because of his marrige thing, then thats pretty pathetic that his own people wont vote for someone just because they got a divorce. But I havnt looked into it so I guess I cant say much about him and this situation. So if somone would like to inform me on why he's doing so bad, you are welcome to.

Newt's image problem doesn't just stem from his marital issues, but also because he's been involved with scandal after scandal ever since his tenure as House Speaker. Don't get me wrong, there was a time when he was nothing short of a brilliant politician, but over the years he's become unfocused, misguided, and prone to episodes of erratic decisionmaking. His time was 20 years ago, not now. Not to mention the fact that his toxic connection to the lending institutions largely at fault in the housing market collapse taint his candidacy.

Hey look! I Kan give the semblanke of being an edukated Samaritan by diskussing topiks beyond the skope of my expertise in order to impress my online friends!

So much for respectful conversation. Working towards another banning, I take it?

Yeah, this topic is beyond the scope of most members here. And this is the wrong sub-forum.

1. You should try to avoid judging the members here. You have no idea what is 'beyond the scope' of other people. Regardless of age, etc., there are actually a lot of people in this forum that are very aware of things like this. Give people a chance to speak before you assume people can't grasp anything.

2. It actually ISN'T in the wrong sub-forum, as it is a general discussion about a number of related things. Yes, it includes some debating, but the entire topic is not based on debating alone, it's a general conversation-type of thread.

You have caused enough trouble in this forum. Your last post was not needed at all. If you're going to be rude about things, do the world a favour and don't hit reply. You ran out of chances so don't be surprised if you log in and are banned sometime soon, since you can't seem to accept my request to act like a mature member instead of trying to start trouble in every thread you enter.

~Thanks

1. You should try to avoid judging the members here. You have no idea what is 'beyond the scope' of other people. Regardless of age, etc., there are actually a lot of people in this forum that are very aware of things like this. Give people a chance to speak before you assume people can't grasp anything.

2. It actually ISN'T in the wrong sub-forum, as it is a general discussion about a number of related things. Yes, it includes some debating, but the entire topic is not based on debating alone, it's a general conversation-type of thread.

You have caused enough trouble in this forum. Your last post was not needed at all. If you're going to be rude about things, do the world a favour and don't hit reply. You ran out of chances so don't be surprised if you log in and are banned sometime soon, since you can't seem to accept my request to act like a mature member instead of trying to start trouble in every thread you enter.

~Thanks

:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats: Good damn show, Jade! Nicely said

~Thanks

Your entire comment is biased. I read all of the comments here. If you want, I can use the remainder of my day to dismantle every comment in this thread and point out any and all fallacies. I'm not claiming to be some political savant nor am I claiming to know more than the average 18-year-old, but some of the comments in here simply scream, "LOOK AT ME BEING SMART. I AM COOL TOO."

In any case, I said "beyond the scope of most members." Some members genuinely understand what is happening or are keeping up with the electoral process enough to contribute. Others are simply regurgitating "insightful" comments Fox News has made.

If you disagree, feel free to express your sentiments seeing how you have never veiled them in the least.

Last edited:

~Thanks

I haven't seen to much posted by this guy. I hear he is a repeat offender. Is he really as bad as you make him out to be in this post? I'm not doubting your judgement by any means. It seems as if he sits on a high horse. Hmm...this isn't the place to discuss Young Mage's attitude I suppose.

At any rate...

As far as Newt Gingrich goes. I think he would be nothing short of a new George Bush. The man is jaded as all hell from what I have heard. I hope he doesn't get elected. He scares me.

It really seems Romney can't help but make statements that make himself look bad...even in his home state. Not smart considering there's a real possibility he'll lose the primary contest there as he's in a statistical tie with Santorum there (according to the ABC News Poll)...

He reminds one of the most economically-challenged cities in America that he's rich (and they aren't) by flubbing his 'I buy American' point by essentially bragging about his and his wife's Cadillacs in front of 1,000 in a stadium with seating for 65,000. :laugh: Both articles are from the Washington Post, admittedly a slightly center-left paper, but it's still fact-based, respectable reporting.---The Post is now apparently considered a 'leading outlet for neoconservative advocacy', making me question if I'm more to the right of center than I thought I was.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...teal-thunder/2012/02/24/gIQA2vFmYR_story.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-of-cadillacs/2012/02/24/gIQAMBz6XR_blog.html

Last edited:
Obama has no back bone. He should be running for the republican nomination. Everything he does is in favor of the republicans. It's absolutely pathetic.

The only republican that isn't corrupt and only out to help "the 1%" is Ron Paul. But Ron Paul is extremely extreme in some issues but he's not a puppet so he has my vote.

I consider myself a progressive but I registered Republican just so I could vote of Ron Paul.

You don't have to register as a Republican just to vote for one... at least I don't; maybe things are different where you live I guess

Yeah. I lived there till I was two. I don't have an accent or anything, nor do I know any conversational Russian. We moved out because the economical situation was completely horrid. I was born in 92' so the CCCP just collapsed. Things were pretty bad in Astrahkan. This is what my mother tells me, I don't remember any of this. Kinda glad. I love my country and its people to death, but it's not a good place right now. Makes me sad.

I'm not remotely Russian, but somehow your reference to the USSR as the CCCP makes me smile and I don't know why

LOL if we didn't already know this guy was starting trouble just for the sake of starting trouble, we did after this post.

**I** don't even like Rick Perry.

Both articles are from the Washington Post, admittedly a slightly center-left paper, but it's still fact-based, respectable reporting.---The Post is now apparently considered a 'leading outlet for neoconservative advocacy', making me question if I'm more to the right of center than I thought I was.

You probably ARE more right than you thought you were, but I'm a little surprised that you're coming to this conclusion based on what a particular media outlet you like is "considered." Only you should be defining your delightfully enigmatic collection of views.

thats pretty pathetic that his own people wont vote for someone just because they got a divorce. But I havnt looked into it so I guess I cant say much about him and this situation. So if somone would like to inform me on why he's doing so bad, you are welcome to.

He's a scumbag. Simply put. He didn't just get a divorce, he left both of his wives while they were very sick. That kinda says things about the quality of character ya have, eh?

Obama has to deal with a Republican congress, he could be as bold as he wants and nothing will ever get done. He still gets my vote even though I disagree with some of the things he has/hasnt done. The republican party just has horrible candidates, and I really just cannot vote for any of them. Maybe Ron Paul if he would stop being so extremist.

You probably ARE more right than you thought you were, but I'm a little surprised that you're coming to this conclusion based on what a particular media outlet you like is "considered." Only you should be defining your delightfully enigmatic collection of views.

I'm just making an observation, not coming to a conclusion about my political leanings just based off that. :laugh: I just think it's funny, since I'm a center-left social libertarian.

Well, the Governor of Arizona, Jan Brewer (R-AZ) has come out in favor of Romney with her endorsement today, 2 days ahead of her state's primary. Romney already leads there, in a state that's already started taking some votes (absentee, military, and other ballots), so I'm predicting a win by a big margin for him there. Still close in Michigan though.... But I'm tentatively saying he'll sweet the primaries on Tuesday, giving him good position to win big in two weeks.

Newt's problem isn't that he got divorced; it's that he cheated on his first wife with his second wife and he cheated on his second wife with his third wife. I honestly don't know how he gets any face-time because I thought it was against the rules to show open a$$holes on TV.

Santorum and Rick Perry are absolute morons and they pander way too much to the religious. Perry holding a massive prayer meeting to bring rain and to save the Texas economy is a ****ing joke. Santorum saying that premarital sex is wrong shows how out-of-touch he is with modern America. Yeah, he's obviously a gigantic homophobe, but even Obama won't risk supporting gay rights. (But that's also because he'd lose a large portion of his minority voters.)

Romney would be awesome if he weren't so slimy with his business history. He's only out to profit for himself, rather than do what's right for the country. It would be nice to have him bulldog like that for the entire country, but I just don't see it happening.

Ron Paul is useless. His ideas are even more far-fetched than Obama's were, and since Obama's primary ideas were met with such opposition, it's obvious that many of Paul's will be met with even more... especially considering how important the Fed is to the Conservative fanbase.

I don't care who wins, really. They're all full, to the brim, of shit. **** politics.

Newt's problem isn't that he got divorced; it's that he cheated on his first wife with his second wife and he cheated on his second wife with his third wife. I honestly don't know how he gets any face-time because I thought it was against the rules to show open a$$holes on TV.

Santorum and Rick Perry are absolute morons and they pander way too much to the religious. Perry holding a massive prayer meeting to bring rain and to save the Texas economy is a ****ing joke. Santorum saying that premarital sex is wrong shows how out-of-touch he is with modern America. Yeah, he's obviously a gigantic homophobe, but even Obama won't risk supporting gay rights. (But that's also because he'd lose a large portion of his minority voters.)

Romney would be awesome if he weren't so slimy with his business history. He's only out to profit for himself, rather than do what's right for the country. It would be nice to have him bulldog like that for the entire country, but I just don't see it happening.

Ron Paul is useless. His ideas are even more far-fetched than Obama's were, and since Obama's primary ideas were met with such opposition, it's obvious that many of Paul's will be met with even more... especially considering how important the Fed is to the Conservative fanbase.

I don't care who wins, really. They're all full, to the brim, of shit. **** politics.

This pretty much sums up the whole election in a nutshell.

(Perry isn't in the race anymore, FYI.)

Speaking of Santorum's religious rantings (I like calling him Sick Rantorum on occasion, since apparently calling Obama 'Obamao' is fair game), he stated in October, and re-affirmed recently that he 'wanted to throw up' when he read JFK's famous 1960 speech about the separation of Church and state. :laugh: He genuinely scares me, to think there are people out there who actually think he'd make a good leader. I don't understand how someone who lost their most recent re-election bid by 18 percentage points (in Pennsylvania) is being considered for a promotion to the highest office in the land. Failing upwards, indeed.

Oh, and Santorum's said that Obama apologizing for the accidental burning of Korans at Bagram Air Base is 'unacceptable' and makes America weak. That's the kind of thinking that has made the world hate America so much. I don't think people like Santorum understand that if it weren't for the fact that America has 'the biggest stick on the playground', we'd be the ones getting beat up by everyone behind the school because we were asshats to everyone, including our own allies.

(Perry isn't in the race anymore, FYI.)

Speaking of Santorum's religious rantings (I like calling him Sick Rantorum on occasion, since apparently calling Obama 'Obamao' is fair game), he stated in October, and re-affirmed recently that he 'wanted to throw up' when he read JFK's famous 1960 speech about the separation of Church and state. :laugh: He genuinely scares me, to think there are people out there who actually think he'd make a good leader. I don't understand how someone who lost their most recent re-election bid by 18 percentage points (in Pennsylvania) is being considered for a promotion to the highest office in the land. Failing upwards, indeed.

Oh, and Santorum's said that Obama apologizing for the accidental burning of Korans at Bagram Air Base is 'unacceptable' and makes America weak. That's the kind of thinking that has made the world hate America so much. I don't think people like Santorum understand that if it weren't for the fact that America has 'the biggest stick on the playground', we'd be the ones getting beat up by everyone behind the school because we were asshats to everyone, including our own allies.

That stick isn't as big as you'd think. When the other nations start realizing that, America's going down headfirst into smack-bottom electric boogaloo. You'll see...
I give it 15 to 20 years. I could go on and on about the inconsistencies of American military but...

That's another story for a different time...

America's still trading on the (fallacious) idea that 'we saved the world from Hitler all by our lonesome, you pansies, respect us!', with very few people at home realizing that was 60 years ago, and whatever credit it earned the U.S. has long been spent, overdrawn, and bounced.