Tuesday Marks Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Release

Hardcore fans is not the same thing as a hardcore competitive gamer. I think you are taking his words out of context.

What he means by hardcore are people who push their limits in skill and knowledge with said game.

You may be more hardcore fan for example let's pretend Aldo plays it at a casual level. He is clearly a hardcore fan though with his mk swag, and burning desire for lui kang.

That's exactly what I meant.

I do apologize, then.
I misunderstood.

What if you DO try to get better with the characters, but you just don't go to Tournaments?
My point being: Does not attending Tournaments not make you a hardcore player?
No matter how good I try to get with MK, I'll never be at the level of someone like Perfect Legend or Check 4900.
It's just the laws of nature.
Some people will play guitar for many years and never reach the level of someone like Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Carlos Santana, Randy Rhoads or Kirk Hammett.

As you should. If you already own the game, but want the DLC, movie, and/or soundtrack, those alone would be cheaper than buying MKKE. Otherwise, it's not worth it. $60 may seem steep, but for people that don't have any of this stuff, it's definitely worth it. It's all in the math.

As for MK9 not being popular anymore, it's still very much alive in the tournament scene. It may not have the numbers online that it did closer to launch, but that doesn't mean anything. Casual players move on to other things (and let's face it, most of you here are casuals) and hardcore players don't bother with the online component to begin with.

True! Maybe if it has the classic fatalities, such as the "Kiss of Death" from Kitana, for most characters that didn't have classic fatalities and even the extra costumes that are from the MK (PS Vita version), then it'd be all worth it. Better yet, Tanya should've been added. Then it'd be worth $60. But for those who don't have the game at all, this is their opportunity to enjoy it. ;-)

I do apologize, then.
I misunderstood.

No worries.

What if you DO try to get better with the characters, but you just don't go to Tournaments?
My point being: Does not attending Tournaments not make you a hardcore player?
No matter how good I try to get with MK, I'll never be at the level of someone like Perfect Legend or Check 4900.
It's just the laws of nature.
Some people will play guitar for many years and never reach the level of someone like Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Carlos Santana, Randy Rhoads or Kirk Hammett.

You can definitely be a hardcore player and not profit from it. I consider myself both a hardcore MK fan and a hardcore MK player. While I have an interest in the tournament scene, I've never competed in it.

There's casual fans and hardcore fans. The casual fans are attracted to the novelty of MK and can take it or leave it, while the hardcore fans have stuck with it through the highs and lows; it's a passion. A lot of MK fans aren't very good at the games themselves because everyone likes the series for different reasons. For me personally, the mythology and characters keep me interested, but I'm also drawn to the competitive side of UMK3 and MK9.

I don't know if this was talked about but do you think the Komplete edition will end up on xbla and psn? I'm a fan of not having to insert a disk as lazy as that may sound :)

I don't know if this was talked about but do you think the Komplete edition will end up on xbla and psn? I'm a fan of not having to insert a disk as lazy as that may sound :)

I'm the same with the discs. I imagine playing MK for a long while, so I'd like to have it on a drop down easy to access list on my PS3, then I can finally eject the disc and have a none downloadable game in there.

If they release the Komplete Edition for dlc, the fact that Skarlet and co finally get Nekropolis spots will give me the excuse to buy the game again and at last get it on my harddrive.

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition $40 FS

PS3 - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Mortal+...3326&skuId=4770596&st=mortal kombat&lp=3&cp=1

Xbox 360 - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Mortal+...1065&skuId=4770578&st=mortal kombat&lp=4&cp=1

komplete-edition-packshots.jpg

Nothing on top of the dlc huh? Wow, cant beleive they couldnt throw any extra little thing in gamewise, sure the movie and soundtracks cool, but imagine if they had exclusive boss unlocks for local, how many people would have rebought the game?

Nothing on top of the dlc huh? Wow, cant beleive they couldnt throw any extra little thing in gamewise, sure the movie and soundtracks cool, but imagine if they had exclusive boss unlocks for local, how many people would have rebought the game?

This was meant for people who DON'T have the game yet.
$40, as Medellin mentioned above, for a game that brings all the previous DLC content plus the MK1 movie and MK9 soundtrack is NOT a bad deal at all.
I'm amazed at how there's always a reason to complain about something.

Last edited:
This was meant for people who DON'T have the game yet.
$40, as Medellin mentioned above, for a game that brings all the previous DLC content plus the MK1 movie and MK9 soundtrack is NOT a bad deal at all.
I'm amazed at how there's always a reason to complain about something.
But how many of us bought the game close to a year now if sales were big when it came out? Clearly if they really wanted to sell the Komplete Edition they would have released extra DLC extra costumes not just the ordinary stuff that people already bought and had months ago out of our own pockets. Im sure lowering down the price from 60 to 40 in less than a month just tells me that sales didnt go to well due to most already having the game or the fact that most people already owned it that they sold it because they wanted to move on to other games. I mean clearly MK Team and NRS already milked our money $$ on all the DLC they released almost a year ago and they expect us to pull out our own wallets and purchase the same thing we bought a year ago sorry but no thanks

Oh my god....

This wasn't meant to be UMK9 or anything like that, goddamn. It was only supposed to bundle together all of the DLC content into one disc, you know, like a GOTY edition. The Komplete Edition is NOT people like us who already bought the original game and its DLC. If they put any new content in the game then that would only piss off the people who might have wanted that content as DLC for the original game

If you want to see extra content for MK9, then hit up MK Vita

@ Araknyd Commander:

Anyone can be as good as they want to be at anything. It depends on your passion.

People who win HUGE money at large scale tournaments. They put in ALOT more effort than you think to get as good as they are. The past can help you obtain a level faster and quicker than others because you already have tools that you understand what to look for.

Let me give you an example.

I got good at this game fast because my competitive mindset from previous games carried over. I know how to look at mistakes and how to fix them. I know how to properly lab and test things. I try to understand the human mind and how it likes to be attracted to patterns.

Just because Perfect Legend got 1st and we all got MK9 at the same time. Doesn't mean he has some super special talent. He WORKED for it, he has played many other fighters competitively for years before hand.

THe only difference is, when he picked up the game. he knew EXACTLY how he should start trying to break it down so he'd know all the options and as many matchups as possible.

Where as you never had this history or experience. So you're YEARS behind him. Despite picking up the game day 1 as he did.

You can be as good as you want to be man. The question is how passionate and how much work you are willing to put into it.

That talent you speak of is really just "previous experiences drawn together" to form a different mind that will handle the game differently.

I have strengths and being able to think a few steps ahead, I also have strengths is breaking down games. I have a positive attitude and I know how to accept my mistakes and work toward correcting them.

MY WEAKNESS is technical consistency. I'm terrible at consistency with my button timings. Because my head thinks like 4 steps ahead of my fingers and they lag behind sometimes causing a input error.

Point in case.

If you're always trying to improve araknyd. IN A REAL sense. Then yes you are being competitive and can be considered a hardcore competitive. The degree is just different.

You're hardcore competitive just as Tom Brady is hardcore competitive.

THe difference is in your dedication.

Tom Brady obviously has WAY more dedication than probably me and you combined. Therefore he's "MORE hardcore" in a competitive sense than me or you.

But me and you like to talk about MK stories and shit. So he's probably not even like 25% as huge a fan as some of us on this site.

Oh my god....

This wasn't meant to be UMK9 or anything like that, goddamn.

If it wasnt suppose to be an UMK9 or have additional DLC then why did they decide to include extra content on the PSVita Version and please dont tell me its because its a new console and because they want to help Sony sale some extra Vitas because i aint gonna buy that. Im not gonna spend an extra 250 plus 60 just for to get some extra content not released on a game i already have sorry but no thanks

Last edited:
Oh my god....

@Metal Overlord
This wasn't meant to be UMK9 or anything like that, goddamn. It was only supposed to bundle together all of the DLC content into one disc, you know, like a GOTY edition. The Komplete Edition is NOT people like us who already bought the original game and its DLC. If they put any new content in the game then that would only piss off the people who might have wanted that content as DLC for the original game

I don't know why I waste my breath reiterating the same thing you just said Metal.
No matter how much you try to explain that the game was meant for NEW people, there will always be others who think that Ed and NRS just sit there coming up with ways to screw the fans over. -_-

@Critical:
That's what I was trying to get at.
I know that those guys have years of experience due to basically making it a career.
Like you said, I think that someone can also be a hardcore competitor, by trying to get better.
I miss button inputs all the time, and all though I like learning new combos, what I really try to get better at is strategy instead.
Sure, the 15+hit combos are nice on YouTube, but it's a different story against a live opponent.
That's what I see a lot of these guys like vVvReo and Perfect Legend doing.
Sure, they'll do a long combo once and a while, but from the Tourney's that I've seen streamed, they focus more on opponent strategy.

If it wasnt suppose to be an UMK9 or have additional DLC then why did they decide to include extra content on the PSVita Version and please dont tell me its because its a new console and because they want to help Sony sale some extra Vitas because i aint gonna buy that. Im not gonna spend an extra 250 plus 60 just for to get some extra content not released on a game i already have sorry but no thanks

Maybe thats just you. I know for a fact that I would spend all that money again :D. Also can we stop with UMK9 bull crap Boon said him self that there are no plans for it. Give it a break already.

I don't know why I waste my breath reiterating the same thing you just said Metal.
No matter how much you try to explain that the game was meant for NEW people, there will always be others who think that Ed and NRS just sit there coming up with ways to screw the fans over. -_-

@Critical:
That's what I was trying to get at.
I know that those guys have years of experience due to basically making it a career.
Like you said, I think that someone can also be a hardcore competitor, by trying to get better.
I miss button inputs all the time, and all though I like learning new combos, what I really try to get better at is strategy instead.
Sure, the 15+hit combos are nice on YouTube, but it's a different story against a live opponent.
That's what I see a lot of these guys like vVvReo and Perfect Legend doing.
Sure, they'll do a long combo once and a while, but from the Tourney's that I've seen streamed, they focus more on opponent strategy.

Yes lot to Learn some general stuff eg

Combos
Mix ups
Mind games
Conditioning
Meter management
Thinking ahead
Pressure
Knowledge
Spacing
Ect ect.

Last edited:
Maybe thats just you. I know for a fact that I would spend all that money again :D. Also can we stop with UMK9 bull crap Boon said him self that there are no plans for it. Give it a break already.

Yeah your right that is just me sometimes these handled consoles is not for alot of us that dont like to carry things like that around, i mean i dont like to carry one of those around me anyways, i tried with Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP it just didnt work out for me due to the fact that im always using my phone instead for Facebook, Twitter or other phone apps...And people do need to stop with this UMK9 thing its freaken old already and its not coming out move on, MK9 is over with already if they wanted to release another MK game they would have done it already, thats finale Gee Maniee Christmas you guys!

they threw some extra content on the handheld version bc its a handheld version...
UMVC did the same, as did Tekken/SF...Vita is a new handheld and it needs all the help it can get to move units in a dying market...that market is handheld gaming...

This is a GOTY year edition, Standard GOTY practices dictate that All previously released DLC is bundled with the game in a nice package...

See they are different....Understand?

on a related note the Komplete Edition is on Sale at GS this sunday for $30