Rebuilding Nitara

BBBLP

Robot Rock
Nitara, a character I have always hated. But after much thought and a push from Yung, I've decided to do a story for her. And I hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1-bnCpqCfVI

1476, Camelia Azulra Montague, was being birthed in a snowy village on the outskirts of Transylvania with her twin sister Alessandra. Their mother's screams waking the entire settlement. Neighbors came to seek out the cause of these feral shrieks to be met with a young woman lying on her floor in agonizing pain.

Months before this, the woman had been seduced by the infamous Dracula. Contrary to popular belief, Dracula does not devour all of his mistresses. Some he allows to birth his offspring. As was such with this unfortunate woman.

Her howls continued. Fiendish cries that mimicked those of the banshee. Never before had any of the onlookers heard such intimidating sounds, this was no normal birthing. A farmer dropped to his knees to help bring these children into the world. As he did he noticed something strange. Neither child was crying. They just seemed to stare off into the night.

Then all of a sudden the shrieks stopped. The mother slowly crossed her arms across her chest and never drew another breath again. Her eyes lie open even in death, fixed upon the ceiling of her small shack. A local Shaman was watching these events in disgust. He knew what those creatures were. And he was intent on having them never see the light of day.

Just as he rushed towards the newborns, a swarm of crows penetrated the crowd from behind through the gaping doorway and snatched Camelia away from the danger. As they flew off towards the woods, the cries of Alessandra could be heard. It is unknown why Alessandra was left behind.

Camelia was raised by a living tree. Much like those native to Outworld, however this one was lone. Kept a secret by the deep foliage of the forest. The botanical being was silent, as was the child. It fed the child with any animal the mistakenly wandered near it. The child had a ferocious appetite. No emotion nor connection was shown between the two, this tree seemed to be doing this with purpose. There was a mutual respect however.

Throughout her life, Camelia continually wandered through the forest, and continually spied on a village that lie near. She had no memory of the fateful events that had unfolded on the first night of her life. She copied their demeanor, their actions and their language, though she never spoke it. She could understand them.

Finally after roughly 500 years, the tree dies. Camelia looks into its eyes and gives a bow of respect before allowing the creature its final moments. She has grown into a beautiful woman. Choosing to dress in a red gown with her hair in curls, she dons a black hood when she wishes not be seen. Once again Camelia wanders. Feeding on village to village. The world was changing around her and she did not mind. As far as she knew, she had no purpose. During a midday stroll through a random village, Camelia feels hunger in her body. She spots a small sheep dog and snatches it up. Consuming its blood before it could even yelp. She drops the canine before anyone could see the horror she had committed. Then she sees a somewhat familiar face.

A small hooded man walks over to the dog, looks around, then picks it up. He casually creeps over to his stone home and closes the door behind him. Camelia's childlike curiosity gets the better of her and she walks towards the shelter. She peeks inside to see him place the dog on the table and read strange, unrecognizable words from a large book. Her blood red eyes widen at the sight of the puppy's wounds heal and him spring to life. At that moment she realizes that she wants that book. It becomes her obsession.

She was waited days for the man to leave his home, and yet he still sits. As if anticipating something. She loses her patience and sneaks into the shaman's humble abode. There he was, sitting in front of the fireplace with the tome on a mantle above. She readies her knife, slams it into the side of his neck and rips it forward. And to her shock, she is not met with the beauty of red mist. But instead a cloud of dust. She looks to his face and sees a long dead corpse sitting in the chair. Suddenly someone walks forward.

"I know of you demon. And I know of your journeys. Your massacres ends here Nitara."

Cameila looks confused. Nitara? As far as she knew, she did not even have a name.

"You know not of what I say do you. It is what your father was going to name you before he was murdered by a hunter. I was fortunate to escape my master's castle before harm was cast upon me. And ever since I have been seeking to atone for my sins. Your sister is buried, therefor you, are my final one. So long as you walk the earth, I am damned. No longer seed of demon. This is where you die. This, is where I shall become worthy to embrace He. Soon, Igor will be a name that He smiles upon."

Nitara's look of confusion was replaced with one of determination. This man had taken something of her's. Her sister. She was not going to allow this hypocrite to live a second longer. She knew was must be done.

Nitara's fangs grew and her nails turned to claws. Igor had successfully vanquished a vampiric infant, but he was no match for a full grown savage. She made sure his blood painted every single inch of his home. That which courses though his veins was not worthy to satisfy Nitara's thirst. She grabbed the book, washed her smooth young body and headed out. She looked around the snow stained village, untouched by time. And began searching for her sister's grave. After many hours and many stares from wary passerby's, she gives up. Until a crow starts cawing behind her. A final gift, from an old friend.

She walks towards the crow and it flies away. Not even giving the bird a second glance she begins digging using a nearby rusted shovel. Finally after digging through 6 feet of snow & earth she finds a small bundle of cloth with a protrusion sticking through it. She looks up to be greeted with the eyes of curious townsfolk. Nitara snatches the bundle and the book then runs off into the forest. She sits at the decaying base of her old friend and begins to unravel the mystery of the cloth.

And there she was. 500 year old Alessandra. With what seemed to be a ritual dagger jammed into her rotted chest. Nitara shed tears for the first time in her life. The thought of what could have been runs through her mind, all the years alone with nobody but a rooted caretaker. She removes the dagger and her heart sinks as the rotting infant exhales with a rough and raspy cry. Nitara panics for a while before remembering the book. Nitara quickly turns to the page Igor was on and for the first time ever, she speaks:

"hækka það sem hefur verið stífluð til dauða hækkun að taka andann á ný"

Alessandra's once putrid skin was revitalized. The rotted muscle, the broken bone and the stale heart, regained strength. Nitara smiled at the now quiet child as she looked lovingly into her contrasted baby blue irises. Then a sad thought came to mind. She did not want Alessandra to be raised the same. By a silent figure. She needed a new life. Far away from the blizzard-battered home to which she is accustomed to. Nitara wraps the child back in the cloth, places her hood on and heads to the harbor. There they catch a boat to a land Nitara had only heard of, America.

They arrive in New York City and already Nitara is panicking. So many people at one time. All moving so fast, this was not something she could get used to. She quickly takes her sister and journeys towards the outskirts of the city. Where she leaves her sister on the steps of an orphanage. She watches from afar as a woman opens the door and grabs the baby. Looks at her for a while, then takes her inside. Its been a few weeks and everything is going well. Nitara watches Alessandra at night, admiring the peaceful life she wish she had. The children often catch glimpses of her, then cry of a "monster" watching them from the windows. But the owner has never seen her. Nitara makes sure that no harm comes to her sister. A man came once to adopt her. Nitara could feel that he intended to harm her. He never made it past the porch.

Then after about 2 months, she is adopted by a family Nitara approves of. A loving couple that would shower her in affection. Nitara hears them speak through the walls. The father seems very happy.

"Thank you so very much. Now we can truly call ourselves a family."

Then the woman speaks.
"What shall you name her?"

After a short pause the man responds:

"Sonya"

Please give your HONEST opinion :)

Spoiler:
"hækka það sem hefur verið stífluð til dauða hækkun að taka andann á ný" is Icelandic for "rise that which has been dammed to death rise to take breath once more"

Last edited:
Damn, I thoroughly enjoyed this.

I wasn't a big fan of her either. But I gave this a shot.

The music definitely made it better as you usually says it does.

I'm a big sucker for female protagonist in a story setting like this that you created though.

Thanks for the good read friend :D

EDIT: yes I read it in 7minutes lol. I'm a extremely fast reader.

Honest opinion?

This reminded me of X-Men Origins: Wolverine because of the time lapse.

I HATE Twilight but the vampires in Twilight are my favorite kinds.

No wings. No turning into bats. Just super speed, strength, and biting for blood. This story was awesome but seemed like something I'd read in a book by a horror writer. You get me?

It was well done but I enjoy the more modern vampire.

....as long as they don't get together and play baseball.

Honest opinion?

This reminded me of X-Men Origins: Wolverine because of the time lapse.

I HATE Twilight but the vampires in Twilight are my favorite kinds.

No wings. No turning into bats. Just super speed, strength, and biting for blood. This story was awesome but seemed like something I'd read in a book by a horror writer. You get me?

It was well done but I enjoy the more modern vampire.

....as long as they don't get together and play baseball.

You mean like the vampires from Blade.
A much less feminine comparison :laugh:

Its cool man.
Different strokes bro, different strokes.

To rule the world.

LOL I derped

129078952676125660.jpg

Damn, I thoroughly enjoyed this.

I wasn't a big fan of her either. But I gave this a shot.

The music definitely made it better as you usually says it does.

I'm a big sucker for female protagonist in a story setting like this that you created though.

Thanks for the good read friend :D

EDIT: yes I read it in 7minutes lol. I'm a extremely fast reader.

Glad you liked it frand.
And I know you can read fast.

You are Asian :hail:

I think I just nutted in my pants

I nutted cuz you nutted.

Dayuuuuuuuuuum!!!! I SEE YOU CUZ!!!!

I'm so called I pushed you to do this because honestly it was great :). Keep em coming my brotha

Dayuuuuuuuuuum!!!! I SEE YOU CUZ!!!!

I'm so called I pushed you to do this because honestly it was great :). Keep em coming my brotha

Thank ya my boy.
Its all for you Damien

What do you guys think of the ending?
I'm wondering if it was the right choice, making Nitara her guardian from the shadows.

Its cool man.
Different strokes bro, different strokes.

To rule the world.

Or 30 days of night......

That movie was scurry :afraid:

But the story was awesome I enjoyed it, makes Nitara a lot more like-able.

I went into this thread just loathing the idea of Nitara. I never ever liked her. But damn did this story make me feel differently. Every one of your stories have kicked ass and this one especially stands out. Incredible work, man.

Heh, only saw the VM now. I guess I'll lend you my two cents.

I thought this piece was pretty good, but I wasn't a huge fan of the present tense. Given the somewhat historical nature of the fic, past tense would have been a bit more fitting. There were times when you switched between tenses as well, and can be rather confusing. Now I never played any of the MK games from earlier systems so I can't comment on how this compares to her normal backstory. I will say, however, that I liked how you made Sonya her sister of sorts, though I'm confused as to how Sonya can be human and Nitara a vampire. A side-effect of the resurrection?

Anyway, you did well, and aside from a bit of confusion regarding your use of tenses, this is a perfectly fine addition to the MK universe.

Heh, only saw the VM now. I guess I'll lend you my two cents.

I thought this piece was pretty good, but I wasn't a huge fan of the present tense. Given the somewhat historical nature of the fic, past tense would have been a bit more fitting. There were times when you switched between tenses as well, and can be rather confusing. Now I never played any of the MK games from earlier systems so I can't comment on how this compares to her normal backstory. I will say, however, that I liked how you made Sonya her sister of sorts, though I'm confused as to how Sonya can be human and Nitara a vampire. A side-effect of the resurrection?

Anyway, you did well, and aside from a bit of confusion regarding your use of tenses, this is a perfectly fine addition to the MK universe.

I had to bring it to the present, otherwise Nitara wouldn't even have any ties to Mortal Kombat :laugh:
And I don't think I ever switched between tenses.
I kinda goofed with Sonya. I had intended on making her a half vampire who never realized her powers, but forgot to include it in the story because I'm a dumb****.

And Nitara never really had a story. If I remember correctly her story was pretty much "Nitara mysteriously gets transported to Outworld. Now she searches for a way back home" She was just a set piece in the story so Onaga could get awakened.

I'm happy to hear you liked it though.