Habits you've been able to break.

I've got a bad habit about staying quiet all the time. I don't talk about anything interesting and video games always manages to be the topic. I need to find better things to talk about and stop being afraid to talk to others outside my circle of friends. It's pathetic for a senior in high school.....

I've got a bad habit about staying quiet all the time. I don't talk about anything interesting and video games always manages to be the topic. I need to find better things to talk about and stop being afraid to talk to others outside my circle of friends. It's pathetic for a senior in high school.....

I know that feel. The reasons were very different though. You see, I had some passionate hatred for those around me. I was infuriated at the rinse and repeat cycle everyone puts themselves through when I was in High School. I eventually went insane and started throwing bananas(no joke, this a 100% truth). Literally everyone at my school thought I was batsh*t insane. If people tried to have a conversation with me, it would always resort to me making absolutely no sense in what I would say. Someone asks me about the weather, I told them the score for the last Lakers game I saw in '01. I had this insatiable need to troll everyone all the time.

But honestly...

One thing that really helps social graces I found out was getting inebriated in the company of good friends. Eventually the circle gets bigger. Especially when you can tell stories of these endeavors. People love that shit. I met a lot of cool people as parties. Just avoid the d*ck heads. Punch their lights out they eyeball your woman and shit...lol

You're still a kid, so you've got all the time in the world to come out of your shell. I hated high school. Had really severe anxiety, wouldn't eat at lunch, and barely talked to anyone.

I work on an assembly line and I'm one of the loudest people in my area.

Road rage. Used to get really aggravated with little shit people did while driving. Like people cutting me off or driving the wrong direction in a parking lot. I'm still like "WTF is wrong with you?" when people do stupid/annoying shit, but I don't let it ruin my day.

I'm convinced cars driven by good drivers should come equipped with dual .50 BMG light machine guns. It could be just like the cop cars in The Fifth Element. Or James Bond's Aston-Martin DB5. :laugh: That would teach those little pricks.

I've broken my smoking habit, though I'll still sometimes have a cigarette once every several months or so. I was never a heavy smoker though, so it was pretty easy to quit.

I'm convinced cars driven by good drivers should come equipped with dual .50 BMG light machine guns. It could be just like the cop cars in The Fifth Element. Or James Bond's Aston-Martin DB5. :laugh: That would teach those little pricks.

I've broken my smoking habit, though I'll still sometimes have a cigarette once every several months or so. I was never a heavy smoker though, so it was pretty easy to quit.

One thing I vow to do if I ever come into a lot of money is stop random people and give them a little money for doing cool shit I see while driving. Stuff like merging to the slower lanes and other simple traffic courtesies would make my day better, and I'd rather reward "good behavior" than stress over idiocy and outright dickishness. It's not like I don't make mistakes and most of the time people who intentionally ignore the rules of the road are gonna care about me getting pissed off.

If this fantasy ever happens is unsure, but it's better than letting my day get ruined because some soccer mom is too oblivious to get into turn lane until it's so late that her Expedition is taking up 3 lanes.

- Screaming and running away from loud, explosive noises (from balloon pops to gun shots). I used to be afraid of those types of sounds but since I going to the firing range is one of my favorite sports and hobbies now, I really don't care. I get startled when it's unexpected once in a while but I know that's normal.

- Screaming and running away from loud, explosive noises (from balloon pops to gun shots). I used to be afraid of those types of sounds but since I going to the firing range is one of my favorite sports and hobbies now, I really don't care. I get startled when it's unexpected once in a while but I know that's normal.

Cover your ears, oh and don't stop running!

Last edited:
One thing I vow to do if I ever come into a lot of money is stop random people and give them a little money for doing cool shit I see while driving. Stuff like merging to the slower lanes and other simple traffic courtesies would make my day better, and I'd rather reward "good behavior" than stress over idiocy and outright dickishness. It's not like I don't make mistakes and most of the time people who intentionally ignore the rules of the road are gonna care about me getting pissed off.

If this fantasy ever happens is unsure, but it's better than letting my day get ruined because some soccer mom is too oblivious to get into turn lane until it's so late that her Expedition is taking up 3 lanes.

That's commendable

But could you still spend some money on outfitting me with a machine-gun equipped Aston-Martin? LOL. :D

Cover your ears, oh and don't stop running!

The good ol' Tsar Bomba. The Russkies really knew how to **** shit up. Supposedly the design could have yielded a max of 3 times as much power (the video is wrong, it was a 50 megaton explosion, not 100)--150 megatons--but was limited due to fallout concerns. That's a freaking unfathomable amount of destructive power. That mushroom cloud was almost 60km tall and was visible for hundreds of kilometers around. It is probably the single most frightening thing Man has made.

It is probably the single most frightening thing Man has made.

No.

Spoiler:
furby.jpg

The good ol' Tsar Bomba. The Russkies really knew how to **** shit up. Supposedly the design could have yielded a max of 3 times as much power (the video is wrong, it was a 50 megaton explosion, not 100)--150 megatons--but was limited due to fallout concerns. That's a freaking unfathomable amount of destructive power. That mushroom cloud was almost 60km tall and was visible for hundreds of kilometers around. It is probably the single most frightening thing Man has made.

What would a nuclear bomb do to you? Your family? Your city? You Suburbs? Your state? Pick which bomb suites you best!

I've read that the Tsar Bomba caused third degree burns at 60+ miles away and destroyed windows almost 600 miles away in Norway and Finland. That kind of power is craaazy. Even the smaller B41 25mt nukes the U.S. had were capable of insane amounts of destruction.

It's funny though, people think we're 'out of the woods' when it comes to the prospects of all-out nuclear war with Russia, when nothing could be further from the truth. We still have enough active-commission weapons on our side alone to destroy the world several times over, and our closest brush with apocalypse was AFTER the fall of the USSR.

I heard that on a documentary about Tsar Bomba, it was absolutely brilliantly horrifying. An arms race for nuclear arms reminds me of the game 'Jenga' (which I am currently regional champion), you just keep stacking and stacking and it eventually it all falls down.

My old boss told me they were afraid to detonate the first nuclear bomb, for fears it would react with the atoms in arm and create a chain reaction of splitting up atoms. Spooky visual.

The Tsar Bomba would completely kill everyone in Minneapolis and obliterate all the counties away and give 3rd degree burns and start rolling fires all the way to my home town in South Dakota...6 hours away.