Cars - Post your favorites!

I'm trying to keep this simple, and as non-long-winded as possible.

You are a nutter. Are we clear, my friend? A certifiable insane man.

First person in my entire life to call me that. So as Keanu Reeves would say...

Maybe i'm retarded and everyone has just been pretending.

But no really, You should've kept it simple to start with and just kept it at "well alot of other people really like it"

and it wasn't convincing enough to me that you were "joking" when you said I had bad taste. I literally though you were seriously telling me I had bad taste. Because it must've been so in my mind if you had to take the extra effort to post another car in my profile and ask for my opinion AGAIN.

Yes, yes you have bad taste and are a nutter. How are we NOT clear? :laugh: You're not beyond redemption though, since you like Mustangs (though, the 1990s Mustangs were...uh, well, let's just forget they ever existed, OK?). That's worth something.

You have no sense of humor, dude.

Yes, yes you have bad taste and are a nutter. How are we NOT clear? :laugh: You're not beyond redemption though, since you like Mustangs (though, the 1990s Mustangs were...uh, well, let's just forget they ever existed, OK?). That's worth something.

You have no sense of humor, dude.

lol, ok. you talked to me on skype. you should know I have one :p

a joke isn't dragged on to the point you need to start posting in my profile about it lol. bUt that's just how I see it.

It's cool now that I know you were just teasing me. But it's not easy to hear your tone over the internet when it comes to negative output. BBBLP told me to shut the shit up. I KNEW he was joking.

I actually have a large sense of humor. I just have problems catching yours particularly for some reason.

I think you'll understand after having spent a week here. And the best jokes are ones you can keep reminding someone of, when they least expect...

My favorite type of humor is just Random.

but enough about that.

I'll post some of my roomates fav cars.

He likes older generation cars like

images

images

Those 2 are ones he points out the most to me.

he likes alot of modern cars too(Supra's/350z) but he's not open about them like he is with these 2.

my favorite imports

Mazda R-X7
rx71.jpg

Mitsubishi Evo8
aruda1983_mitsubishi_evo8.jpg

not much of a car guy but I haz simple taste beautiful and powerful under the hood.

Last edited:
On topic again:

The Volkswagen Golf / Golf GTI (1970s-present)

250px-Vw_golf_1_v_sst.jpg

594071165c6baa0a88383d918f19740e.jpg

Not the first 'hot hatch', but certainly the first one to perfect the recipe since the Mk. 1 Golf GTI, and today with the Mk. 6 is still the one people think of when they think of the perennial hot hatchback. It might just be the most important car of the last 40 years.

The Golf started as a family hatchback by German automaker Volkswagen A.G. in 1974. Almost immediately, to compete with French maker Renault, they made a more powerful version, the Golf GTI. Yes, the Renault equivalent was faster by a negligible margin, but the quality of the German Golf GTI, coupled with its interior space, frugality, economic price, and then-impressive-for-its-class 108 brake horsepower made it an instant winner. A star was born. Ever since the early 1980s, the GTI has been the very last word in versatility. The same car could take you to the grocery store and carry all your stuff home, take your kids to school, be fun to drive, not use up a lot of gas, look unassuming and inoffensive, and be an absolute blast if you wanted to take it for a romp somewhere other than daily commutes.

The formula worked, because today the GTI is considered one of the cars to judge all others against. Today's Mk 6 Golf GTI produces 210 horsepower through an inline, 4-cylinder turbocharged engine, and features an interior that's essentially that of a midrange Audi (Audi and Volkswagen are in essence, the same company). Its extensive cache of safety features, technology, comfort options, and absolute versatility when it comes to passenger travel and cargo space make it the near-ideal car for a family of 2-4 people, but still an excellent car for a young, urban bachelor or bachelorette on the go. It can do 0-60 in 7 seconds, handles excellently, and gets excellent fuel economy.

And it's not just safe and posh, it's easy to drive too. Having driven the manual version, I can say, gear changes are smooth, the clutch is light but with enough feel, and it's genuinely pleasing to weave through average traffic, and then stick the loud pedal to the carpet when there's no one around, even in the rain. The car just feels planted and poised, never heavy or bulky. Satellite navigation is standard these days, and the interior is absolute quality. It even sounds good on the over-revs. Now, if you want to fancy it up, you can get it with the same flappy-paddle drive, semi-automatic dual-clutch DSG gearbox found on Lamborghini's supercars for an extra $1800-or-so. Is it worth it? Maybe, maybe not. It does make the car faster to 60mph though, but adds weight...and in reality, isn't as fun as a manual gearshift. But, it's probably the best DSG gearbox on the market aside from Ferrari's F1-superfast....and this is equipped to a family car!

Why do people love the Golf and Golf GTI? It offers excellent value and ISN'T boring. For $23,000, you get a car that's safe, spacious on the inside, comes in 2 or 4 doors, is good on gas, and is an absolute delight to drive. It might just be my all-around favorite car. If I could only drive one car for the rest of my life, and it couldn't be more than 30 grand...well, a lifetime with a GTI wouldn't be too bad.

Last edited:
Critical, you must have completely missed me posting the first of those two earlier, the 300ZX (Z32).

No i didn't miss, I was just posting them for my roomate lol.

Yeah I could've just typed it, but pictures are prettier.

My roomate should just make an account if he's interested in this thread.

Also That red hatchback. I know I said I hate them. But that one is kind of nice. I shouldn't say absolutes like "I hate all hatchbacks." just most of them I don't like.

that red one though is nice.

freyith next time I go to buy a car ima fly you in to help in it's purchase. okay lol

this car seems to fit my personality perfectly the black on black alittle more red an this would be my dream car.

412112-bigthumbnail.jpg

Last edited:
:laugh: That is absolute proof you have no taste when it comes to cars then. It's a car widely lauded for its good looks as well as performance. To me, it's one of the best looking modern cars around, in an era where most cars look bland as hell.

It's the girl version of a Skyline. I like the 90s bodystyle, but I've always thought that version looks like a Beetle spliced with a real muscle car.

AMES: You do realize that the RX-7 has "MAZDA" across the top of the windshield, right?

Was just about to point that out. It's the Mazda FD3S RX7. Not Nissan.

If I had to get an Evo, I'd go with the VII or IX. VIII's front end looks... Odd.

A '93 Supra is hardly an old car, dude. Barely even 20 years, here that doesn't even qualify for vintage status number plates. :lol I know factory parts are hard to come by, but to my knowledge there's still the aftermarket, no?

I totally agree to some point, most car enthusiasts could care less about the age or mileage of the car if is the car they like, but reality is that 20 years is 20 years , its a long time, not as long as the shelby you posted but still.

I can't wait to get that vintage plate, is it 25 years?

Aftermarket for my car is huge when it comes to performance, but exterior and interior parts are hard to come by, and no matter what, parts are limited, rare and super expensive.

I also love these cars

gray-corvette-zr1-c6.jpg

94464d1244771099-mazda-rx7-series7-burnoutrx-7rear.jpg

dodge_viper_gtsr_concept_.jpg