Cheat Codes

Shirayuki Mizore

Hey! What's going on? Not as many games have cheat codes on these new generation consoles and that really disappoints me.

Now before you says something like "Lol you pussy. Cheat codes are for wussies" I beat the game first without cheats, then with cheats.

But anyway, how do you feel about cheat codes in games? Do you always search up cheats for a game cause cheats can make a game awesome like in GTA: San Andreas. Would you like games to have more cheat codes? And unlocking cheats doesn't count like in Call of Duty 4. I'm talking about a message or code you enter or a button combination and then the cheat is activated.

I don't know about you but I like having my car fly and having infinite double barrel shotgun ammo with a bottomless clip.

Back then, games were less forgiving and few games before the PS1 used a save system. Before the internet, informatio on n cheats and secrets were not as easily accessible, and required either knowing a friend who knew the cheats or buy a video game publications such as magazines and strategy guides.

Considering how quickly many people will get rid of their games after playing it, there is less of incentive for developers to add cheats to their games. They want players to stick with their game as long possible, not coast through in a couple of hours and return it.

Exactly what this dude said ^^^

If there were cheat codes for Duke Nukem Forever, I would have gladly finished it. But it sucked. I remember the magical days of the Game Genie....

I do not prefer cheating but enjoy the Resident Evil approach. You beat the game under set conditions and get, for example, unlimited magnum rounds or unlimited RPG.

I miss Game Genie. People still use them. How else could i loose?

I still have mine, although I only really use it as a region bypass for Bare Knuckle (Streets of Rage) 2.

When I was a kid, I used cheat codes for everything (what can I say, I sucked). Nowadays, however, even when it comes to those same classic games, I prefer to play them cheatless, as intended.

Unlocking things like new options, on the other hand, I enjoy quite a bit, 'cause I actually have to earn them. Old school cheat codes just don't have the same mystique for me that they once did.

I remember having an Action Replay on my gamecube. Thing was the shit. I would play as the wireframe people and Giga Bowser in SSBM or run around in a white tunic in Ocarina of Time. I miss that thing.

cheat codes=
tumblr_lw6hm8MogW1qbnggp.png

the fact that games don't have them as much=
tumblr_lw6hm8MogW1qbnggp.png

the fact that the GTA series still uses them, and probably will in the next installment=
4b9.png

Hey.

That's NN.

huh?

Heh... I was kidding. Sort of. Seriously though, the challenge is part of the fun. There's nothing rewarding about beating a game with cheats.