Tom Brady's New Match Up Chart

Everyone is somewhat viable IMO. But it's always clear players will take the easy route and pick the better characters.

And why is it every fighting game I play the character I initially start learning is always low tier.

Gah I'm so upset :(

Vital that's why sometimes you actually DO shoot with his gun. You can't adapt to it if they mix up shoot and dash cancel well enough.

Last edited:
This is what I think Baraka's matchups should look like:

Raiden: 4-6
Kabal: 3-7
Smoke: 4-6
Kenshi: 4-6
Kung Lao: 4-6
Jax: 4-6
Freddy Krueger: 3-7
Kitana: 4-6
Mileena: 5-5
Sonya: 4-6
Cyrax: 4-6
Reptile: 4-6
Scorpion: 5-5
Ermac: 5-5
Sektor: 4-6
Cyber Sub: 4-6
Rain: 4-6
Noob Saibot: 5-5
Johnny Cage: 4-6
Nightwolf: 4-6
Liu Kang: 5-5
Shang Tsung: 4-6
Sindel: 5-5
Kano: 4.5-5.5
Quan Chi: 4-6
Jade: 6-4
Stryker: 4.5-5.5
Sub Zero: 4-6(This has been my thinking for a while as well)
Sheeva: 6-4

He isnt that great, but I think he is at least better than Sheeva and Sub

Last edited:
Raka being so low is asinine.
He isn't just a corner junkie, his specials & mix ups are great.
Not to mention his reset & great d1.

Corner is where he does the most damage, but he can still **** shit up while he is midscreen.
Plus almost all of his combo enders where designed to send the opponent flying towards the corner.
And with his buffed EX charge, its hard to zone him out.

EX blade charge is overrated, it knocks the opponent back to continue zoning. His mixups and frametraps are alright, his specials are not that great. Spin is terrible for anything but an anti air(Is beaten by any low move, i.e Mileena's ball). Chop Chop is not a good anti air, and can only be used to catch the opponent off guard. Slices is his best special due to d1 slices, which is his best way to build meter and is hard to get out of. Blade Spark has a terrible recovery, which makes it impossible to zone a good player. His redeeming factors are his d4, +11 on block sweep, 2,2 1+2 frame trap and F4 reset. As awesome as his corner game is anyone who knows how to play against Raka is going to make sure to keep out of the corner(unless they are Kabal, who can EX dash and put you into the corner). Even then it is just a matter of fuzzy guarding the last hit of 2,2 1+2 and blocking low to wait for an opportunity to get out of the corner(F4,4 4 is actually his safest option in the corner)

He is not the worst character in the game, but he is bottom five for sure. Adding onto my previous post, Noob Saibot is also a 5-5 matchup.

God, so sad to see subz fall so far.

Wasn't he like one of the best at one time?

WTF happened?

Are there any more patches going to be released or is Subz just destined to suck for the remainder of this game?

Also feel free to discuss, because I want to know as well, what could be done to fix Sub-Zero's assness in this game.

Sub Zero is . . . ass?

What the **** are you smoking?
Just because someone makes a tier list doesn't make it legit or reliable.

lol, the characters haven't changed subz

The meta-game has.

and the meta-game is often biased toward placings professionals make, and the limited knowledge and consistency of the current era.

Sub Zero is . . . ass?

What the **** are you smoking?
Just because someone makes a tier list doesn't make it legit or reliable.

You do know he gets blown up by anyone with a low hitbox? And with the dash nerf and the amount of Armor in the game he is next to useless? Tom got top 8 at almost every major with Sub, there is NO ONE who knows the character better than him(he may have underrated him, but he is still sure as hell bottom five).

Bottom 5 sure, but useless?
Absolutely not. I don't care if Tom Brady came up with the idea for ice, his word is not law.

The chart does not say he is useless. It says he is bottom five. NO ONE in this game is useless, it is way too balanced for that. Their are characters that are really not tourney viable, but even then it just depends on the matchups.

The patching probably hurt Sub Zero the worst, with the dash nerf and armor given out he is a piece of work now.

You do know he gets blown up by anyone with a low hitbox? And with the dash nerf and the amount of Armor in the game he is next to useless? Tom got top 8 at almost every major with Sub, there is NO ONE who knows the character better than him(he may have underrated him, but he is still sure as hell bottom five).

I can understand the low hit boxes, but Armor? Not everyone is willing to use a bar just to blow him and only certain characters can combo off a EX move with armor. I would rather have the extra bar for a breaker or extend a unbreakable combo( With certain characters of course)

Not saying that Tom is a bad player, but anyone can make it into top 8 with sub if they play on point every match and are familiar with the match up. Tom isn't the only Sub player who knows him inside out.

Other than DJT, name me one other person who has even made it to top 8 with him(Dark_Rob, Shoryken are great players too, but they have never made a top 8). And no, not everyone can make it to top 8 almost EVERY major they go to with him. And yeah, if they play PERFECT they could get top 8, but no tourney player does that.

Also for the record:
Kabal
Sonya
Rain

Can all combo off of their armored attacks

Shang
Kenshi
Quan

Can all combo off of a EX projectile and fullscreen attack.

And the REAL reason he is so hard to use...

Sindel
Shang
Quan
Kano
KL
Cyrax
Sektor
Liu Kang
Ermac
Kitana
Stryker
Mileena
Noob

and many more characters completely zone him out, save for slide and EX slide.

Chago made it to grand finales with him against Krazie bone who played a Solid ermac.

Instead of using a ex slide to get it you could duck or D+4 your way in, and I never said they have to play PERFECT I said on point.

This is bull shit. They completely f*cked Sub-Zero in butt. He has almost nothing to offer and no good match-ups. This is dumb.

This is bull shit. They completely f*cked Sub-Zero in butt. He has almost nothing to offer and no good match-ups. This is dumb.

Like critical said... No one screwed Sub zero over. It's the Meta game that made him ALMOST worthless.

Mileena's number 9 I'm happy :wiggle:

I agree. While I'm not great, and i wholeheartedly admit that, I used to do pretty good with Subz. He is my main, and as childish as it may seem he is the only one I really like playing with. He's my favorite character.

It's so hard now though. His dash is so slow, I mean god awful. He can't get in, and I mean can't against anyone who spams. The only way to get in against someone spamming or zoning, whatever you want to call it, is to use his ex slide. Even then it just knocks the bastards away from you again allowing them to just restart the cycle. His Ground Freeze is next to useless, and has been since the beginning they should have fixed that a long time ago. His damage scaling got taken away. His most useful tool, the ice clone, has to be used carefully or you will get blown up. The ice ball is slow as hell. It's just ridiculous.

The worst part is not being able to get in. If they are spamming you all you can do dash block to get in and if they are smart they see that coming and just teleport around you with some characters. It's so hard to trap and that's Subz game. He's just next to useless now. F**k NRS for doing this to him. If he's in the next game, I want a revamped Sub-Zero. Some parts of his playstyle now are just useless. I want a ground freeze that makes the opponent slip up. Maybe give him a teleport similar to how he disintegrates in his tag out. Something. That damn ground freeze pisses me off. Why even give a useless move to him like that?