Official Gotham City Impostors Thread

Shirayuki Mizore

For the amazing game that will be released tomorrow for a small price of $15

My gameplay video:

Trailer:

This is a DOWNLOAD ONLY game. It's a first person shooter filled with hilarity and many different tools. A must buy for FPS fans who like more unique games.

Today Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment confirmed the release dates for Gotham City Impostors. The multiplayer shooter, which pits teams of Joker and Batman poseurs against each other, will be on sale starting on February 7th.

February 7th is when PC and North American PS3 owners will be able to get the game. If you're an Xbox 360 owner or a PS3 user outside North America, you'll need to wait until the 8th.

Impostors supports online battles of up to 12 players in maps and modes inspired by Batman. You can design your custom Bats or Jokerz gang member by selecting their costume, weapons, items and perks. Because you'll be duking it out in a comic book world, you'll have access to outlandish gadgets like freeze rays and explosive jack-in-the-boxes.

The game was designed by Monolith Productions. They're the studio behind F.E.A.R. and No One Lives Forever. Impostors is powered by an updated version of the proprietary LithTech engine seen in their other games.

Impostors is a download-only title. It will cost $15 (or 1200 MS Points) to purchase.

Last edited:
I'm excited to see what this game turns out to be. Right now, I'm not so interested even though I hear it is a fun game.

I'm excited to see what this game turns out to be. Right now, I'm not so interested even though I hear it is a fun game.

I wish the beta was an open beta and not code-only so everyone could try it.

At first I thought it was lame but as you play and get a better understanding of the game it becomes god tier.

I've only gotten to play the PS3 version, even though I got a code from Patrick for the 360. My dad's PS3 is old and almost full, but it seems pretty fun.

Well I got the full game and I gotta say it's the best 15 dollars I've spent.

I'm already level 52 and I'm having a blast.

There are no problems with the game except matchmaking [which is getting fixed in the next FREE DLC] and one gadget, the targeting goggles.

The targeting goggles are basically just a free UAV for you and your teammates. They take absolutely no skill to use because you can see through walls and all you have to do to target someone is keep the goggles on them for like 2 seconds. But luckily you rarely see them because people prefer to use gadgets like the glider rig and grapple gun.

I got this a couple days ago. I haven't been able to play much. Also, I'm awful at FPS's, but I am having a blast with this game. Definitely worth $15.

I tell you. I'm completely stuck and dependent on only ONE playstyle...

I use Ninja Smoke with a Hatchet.
The Gatekeeper and the Bow.
I play a nimble.

My two best classes are

Nimble
Gatekeeper w/reflex
Bow w/scope
Spring Boots
Pipe Bomb
Horse healthy fun fact
Marksman fun fact 2
Pain bringer rampage
Historic psych profile

and

Burly
Jackhammer w/reflex
Persuader w/muzzle tip
Glider rig
Vigor chug (VERY underrated)
Horse healthy fun fact
Marksman fun fact 2
Pain bringer rampage
Historic psych profile

Either the players at 2am on PSN are awful, or I'm not as bad as I thought. Podium finish for nearly every game, and 2 MVPs.

I keep it very simple in my play style.

Burly
Jackhammer
Gatekeeper
Grappling Hook
Ninja Stars
Fleet Footed
Marksman

I'm still only level 20. So, I am sure my play style will evolve.

Release date was three days ago on XBLA, two days ago on PSN.

Definitely worth $15. If you're unsure, the demo is 1 hour of the game. Nothing is withheld.