Skullgirls

n9195v

skullgirls-logo.png

Overview
Skullgirls is a fast-paced, 2D fighting game developed by Reverge Labs and lead by tournament champ Mike “Mike Z” Zaimont and artist Alex “o_8” Ahad.

Drawing on the best features the genre has to offer, Skullgirls is designed to be a tournament-grade fighter while remaining approachable and engaging for the casual player.

Go to the official website to see character bios, news, and more information on the game here Official Skullgirls Website! Go Here for complete move lists and character strategies! Skullgirl xbla Achievements can be found here.

6104312587_9454073fd3_z.jpg

Features
-Skullgirls features the most frames of animation per character of any fighting game, hand-drawn at high resolution and enhanced by real-time lighting courtesy of a powerful 3D engine

-Classic six-button play gives characters a huge variety of attacks and special moves

-With the Variable Tag Battle system, players can pit mismatched teams of one, two or three characters against one another

-Custom Assists let you outfit your team with a huge variety of attacks for nearly endless strategic possibilities

-A robust anti-infinite combo system keeps competitive play free of abusive tactics

-Robust tutorials and an AI designed to teach eases new players into the traditionally intimidating fighting game genre and helps you improve from there

-Official GGPO netcode ensures lag-free fighting online

-A stunning soundtrack by Castlevania: Symphony of the Night composer Michiru Yamane draws you into the game’s unique “Dark Deco” world

valentine.png

^^^ This character wasn't in the video​

Release date is April 10th for PSN and April 11th for XBLA

Last edited:
It is just downloadable.

I think it looks pretty fun, not sure if I will pick it up if I am invested into other games. But definitely looks fun, goofy and deep. Looks like a great game for casuals and for people who actually know what is going on.

This game has progressed a lot since the last time I saw it a couple months ago. Love that 'Zombie cat chick' don't know here name but she was at about 9 mins into the video n9 posted. Where she rolls her head at the opponent then control it separately from her body. I think I might be sold. Wish the gameplay was tweaked a little faster. It looks slow, even compared to BlazBlue.

This looks promising, if it was made by a bigger company and had more money into it then the whole game would be much much better.
I like how they automatically balance the fights with the amount of the teams. 1 Super character, 2 Medium Powers characters, 3 weak power characters. Very good move.

This game has progressed a lot since the last time I saw it a couple months ago. Love that 'Zombie cat chick' don't know here name but she was at about 9 mins into the video n9 posted. Where she rolls her head at the opponent then control it separately from her body. I think I might be sold. Wish the gameplay was tweaked a little faster. It looks slow, even compared to BlazBlue.

lol yeah I have good news for you they increased the game speed by %10 according to the official website! the cat girls is named Ms. Fortune and when you remove her head the heavy punch button controls the head! the head even has a grab. But don't worry they made the game so there's no true unblockables.

Ms-Fortune-500x276.png

Also they just released a story mode trailer!

Last edited:
I don't know if it's just me but im lovin the roaring 20's inspired look to this game

my only gripe would have to be the limited characters but then again this is just a start for them so I can let it slide..

also I wish this game didn't get alot of heat from fanboys who bash it because its different like mk9 was imean c'mon can't we just love all fighting games these days?

I don't know if it's just me but im lovin the roaring 20's inspired look to this game

Yeah I see that too but I'm think it's leaning more on the 50's with the Jazz and what not.

my only gripe would have to be the limited characters but then again this is just a start for them so I can let it slide..

Yeah the game is launching with 8 with DLC down the road. But really I'd rather have 8 unique characters than 30 clones (UMVC3 cough). Like the 7 characters that I've seen so far all have very different play styles and personalities.

Here's some new gameplay. It's only a day old!

also I wish this game didn't get alot of heat from fanboys who bash it because its different like mk9 was imean c'mon can't we just love all fighting games these days?

Yeah it's not made by Capcom so the haters will hate. It's definitely not as bad as ppl hated MK (I watch streams all the time). People would troll Mk saying it's not a good game at top level and even tournament organizers would treat it like the redheaded step child. But Skullgirls is made by a tourney player so I think people who care about fighting games will respect that. They also tested the game at a lot of tourneys so some top players are already familiar with the game. When I watch Skullgirls on stream no one is really calling it a bad game they're just making fun of how well proportioned the characters are. Kappa

yeah, considering that ive been addicted to fighting games, ive been following this game for a while now, the gameplay seems solid and the amazing thing about it is that the game's engine detecs loops so if someone is being cheap, juggling you with the same easy combos you can immidiately break out of it, thats genius, something mk9 could of used (coughs) liu kang etc.

the funny thing is that this game looks cute lol but the story behind it is so dark especially what happened to miss fortune and peakok, if you dont know go to their site and read it.

a few months a go they said it will be released first quarter 2012, and it will be available on psn and xbox live.

felia will be my main b*tch shes so awesome and cant forget about her buddy samson, thats a deadly combo.
i also like the "big boss" parasoul the leader of the elite military, shes so sick i love how she incorporates her soilders in battle, thats cool.
last but not least is painwheel, shes like the noob saibot of this game and noob and sek are my mains so you know ama have to go with her.

I have been waiting for this game since I first heard of it, though I didn't go out of my way to keep with every bit of media released. It has such a polished look, that it's hard to believe this was created by a small independent development team. Thumbs up for getting Michiru Yamane to compose the game's soundtrack; I guess it's one of the perks of having Konami as one of the publishers.

Last edited: