Offline and Online

Flagg

I can now proudly say, that I went to my first offline casuals last night and it was awesome.

I can now fully appreciate how garbage online is.

I've always known the online wasn't the greatest. Even more so when my combos wouldn't work most of the time, yet I'd have no problem pulling them off offline against the cpu or in practice. Had to make sure it wasn't just me when that happened. haha

I can now proudly say, that I went to my first offline casuals last night and it was awesome.

I can now fully appreciate how garbage online is.

I've always known the online wasn't the greatest. Even more so when my combos wouldn't work most of the time, yet I'd have no problem pulling them off offline against the cpu or in practice. Had to make sure it wasn't just me when that happened. haha

Sadly, online is STILL laggy.
Input delay also kills me, as far as combos go.

I play this game offline ALL THE TIME, but unfortunately I don't know of ANYONE here locally that loves Mortal Kombat as much as I do, for me to practice with. :-(

Sadly, online is STILL laggy.
Input delay also kills me, as far as combos go.

I play this game offline ALL THE TIME, but unfortunately I don't know of ANYONE here locally that loves Mortal Kombat as much as I do, for me to practice with. :-(

Yeah same here. I play offline with a friend but he has it on 360 and the 360 D-Pad messes me up alot. I don't know anyone that stays close by me to play offline on the PS3 and almost everyone I know either don't have the same passion for MK like I do or isn't any competition.

Yep, with Sindel you can 44, 1, dash, 1, dash, 111 hair grab. Relatively easy, but I've never landed this online.

Then you have safe reptile elbow, safe kano up ball, raiden teleport, safe Sonya everything and I just sigh. Why NRS, why did you use GameSpy for network? Cause they are cheap, regardless of being infamously shit?

solution is soulcalibur V!!! I just wish I wasn't getting it Sunday, then I could play it in the tourney on Saturday.

That's the thing. There is no excuse for a game like MK 9 to be on arcaic servers like Gamespy. Damn, I used to play this RTS a few years back called Dawn of War. One of my fave games ever. Anyway, that would run on Gamespy servers and the amount of random crap that would happen was frustrating. Then I find out later this is what MK 9 is running on.

It's no excuse. SF III OE, SSF IV and now reportedly, SC 5 all have superior netcode.

Online isn't crap, and the offline elitists need to stop bashing it. Just because it's not as good as offline, doesn't mean it's bad. Not everything has to be so black and white.

Immortal, have you played any offline, in a competitive setting?

Last night I played the game with some of the UK's elite players. Offline is so much different to online, more than I realised.

Even with people I have near perfect connection with, it's like the game is running one or two frames slower. Like I said before, I can hit Sindels 44, 1, dash, 1, dash, 111 hairgrab, all day in offline. Online, not a chance. It sucks that with online, you almost have to dumb the game down.

It's not the games fault. It's NRS and shitty GameSpy. Really no excuse for it...

EDIT: Eventually NRS will do UMK 9 or MK 10. If the game has the same netcode that this one has, I would probably not buy it, no matter how good the game could be.

THANK YOU FLAGG

I've been telling you to do this for ages.

I remember when you use to tell me no scene and how it's impossible.

But you made it happen.

And Now I bet you're addicted to offline.

Immortal, have you played any offline, in a competitive setting?

Last night I played the game with some of the UK's elite players. Offline is so much different to online, more than I realised.

Even with people I have near perfect connection with, it's like the game is running one or two frames slower. Like I said before, I can hit Sindels 44, 1, dash, 1, dash, 111 hairgrab, all day in offline. Online, not a chance. It sucks that with online, you almost have to dumb the game down.

^^THIS.
Exactly.
The 12 and 13-hit combos that I do with Sub-Zero and Nightwolf offline, turn into 9-hit combos online, due to input lag.
I do the exact same combos offline, with accuracy, 100& of the time without fail.

I love playing but if the seen is where you're not then you have to stick with online but the offline is more fluid.

Offline is 100 times better than online. We are bashing it because it deserves to be bashed. I remember at Texas Bar Fights 6 not one of my Blade charges came out as an uppercut or b2. Online that happens every game or so.

My Sindel BnB used to be 4,4 1 step up. Even THAT doesnt work online. Adding on to that many characters are so safe online that it makes them really hard to play against(a la reptile).

If you choose to play online, good for you. Just realize that we are not being elitist, but 100% accurate.

I've played offline, and it is better, but online isn't worthless like people say. Offline is better for sure, but not everyone has good or decent people to play with offline. If you are messing up your special move inputs that's most likely your fault, because I don't have that problem at all when I play online.

last night my inputs wouldn't work I couldn't even move until the second round then I whooped his ass. but I agree it's not that bad all the time just has hiccups every now and then :)

Offline has without a doubt been entirely worthless for me up to now, because I was one of the very many who kept getting the disconnects (most of whom probably gave up on the game months ago). I bought the game on release and up to now have only managed one fight online without a disconnect (I could play other fighters online fine). I've now moved and so fingers crossed may actually get to try an online fight with my new faster net speed.

Lmao, its not messing up the inputs, its called the input bug. And no online is in no way worthless, but offline is SOOOO much better.

Meh, I feel like I'm the only one who's online isn't "laggy."

But anyways, I wish I knew friends who were good as heck on offline"/.

The problem with lag is far bigger than not being able to land combos. It's often too hard to counter poke after a blocked d+3 which changes how pressure works. It's often too hard to anti-air which changes how footsies work. Its bad.