Bi han or kuai liang more likely to return in mk10?

Which one?

• Bi Han

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • Kuai Liang

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters
I think we can chill out now and have a discussion without turning in to 5 year olds.

~Thanks =)

Because the two never had to be compared before that. I guarantee, guarantee that if they would have had Raiden say Bi Han was actually stronger than Kuai Liang in MKvsDC then that sh** would be held as the gospel of MK. Because Raiden said that Kuai Liang was stronger than Bi Han though we have to say that it's not a fact even though there is absolutley no reason for anyone to say that it's not.

Look at the facts

-Quan Chi had Scorpion go after Kuai Liang because he feared he was just as strong as his brother.
-Kuai Liang had to have enough power and will within him to hold the dragon medallion in the first place. Otherwise he would be frozen just like Frost was. So the whole Dragon Medallion made him stronger than Bi Han really is kind of out the door.
-Kuai Liang never fought Bi Han one on one because like I mentioned Bi Han always had Smoke helping him out. Noob would not face Kuai Liang alone.
- In MK9, and you can't deny this one, Kuai Liang beat Scorpion and he beat NOOB SAIBOT. It's always been hinted that Kuai Liang is actually stronger than Bi Han but people choose to deny it because A) Bi Han is the original and people hold onto that for some reason, B) Mythologies played Bi Han up waaaay too much and made him look overpowered. C) Bi Han is the Bad guy of the two, so therefore he is better than Kuai Liang in people's eyes.

Yea, although it was said in a non canon game, it can still be within the realm of possibility since it is made without any DC influence. However what I think Raiden meant by stronger is 'morally stronger' in the sense that he can't be corrupted as easily as Bi Han and not neccesarily physically.
Going by logic, there was a reason why Bi Han was chosen for the Lin Kuei to undertake the quest for Quan Chi and represent them in Mortal Kombat 1 and not Kuai Liang. That is because he may have been physically stronger at that time than Kuai Liang. However I agree that as time passed Kuai Liang eventually became much more stronger than how his brother originally was, especially during the Mk4-MKDA timeline and beyond.

Also I don't think we can really establish who is stronger than the other just going by the MK9 fights since there are alot of ambiguities in it, for example in Jade's and Smoke's case, they defeat each other in their respective stories.

The problem I have with that though Jinko is the merging of the realms messed with everyone even supermans powers in Mk v Dc. So what raiden said can't be a valid statement on that fact alone. I agree on all your other points though.

The problem I have with that though Jinko is the merging of the realms messed with everyone even supermans powers in Mk v Dc. So what raiden said can't be a valid statement on that fact alone. I agree on all your other points though.

Yea I forgot about that which is actually quite a valid point. Knowing that everyone's powers were messed in the MK Vs DC's alternate reality, its not likely to be a true statement in the pure MK world.

Yea I forgot about that which is actually quite a valid point. Knowing that everyone's powers were messed in the MK Vs DC's alternate reality, its not likely to be a true statement in the pure MK world.

If I remembered that earlier today it would have saved that entire stupid conversation. lol

But anyway I'm still impartial on this I would stil love to see what they're going to do with the two of them. Because if you remember back to 2010 NRS had sub zero (Bi Han) returned from death with new secrets from the netherrealm then it was changed to Kuai liang after a few months.

The rage influenced power, but it for no reason would cause Raiden to make that statement.

Jinko you were completely right in your first thought. Although it's in a DC game it is still in the realm of possibility to believe that is a true statement. There really isn't reason not to believe so.

It was a general statement dang it. The rage had nothing to do with him saying that...AT ALL. Literally, I just watched Subby Z's chapter again and he's not enhanced by the rage or anything. He just beats Raiden to which Raiden responds truly you are more powerful than your brother. Nothing to do with the rage at all. Nothing. You were completely right in your first assumption Jinko.

Also when they first revealed MK9 they had that as the bio for Sub-Zero, but it was vague to keep people guessing. Which it did. It said Sub-Zero returned from death, which coincidentally is what they thought with Sub-Zero in MK9. What did Sonya say in storymode? I think it was along the lines of "Sub-Zero, but you're, you're dead." Then Kuai Liang responds with I am not the Sub-Zero you speak of he was my brother. So that's all the bio was referring to. Everyone had thought he returned from the netherrealm but really it was Kuai Liang all along.

Last edited:
Dude everyones powers where messed with superman, raiden, Quan Chi. The powers where shifting and changing and rebalancing dt to the merger that's how Kuai liang sealed superman in Ice. And it was made with Dc influence Because of the merging of the realms.
No It said he returned from the dead with secrets from the netherrealm. Then they changed it, if it was referencing Kuai liang it stayed the same.

Oh, so, Raiden said that Kuai Liang is more powerful than Bi Han? Well, I'd like to suggest Raiden would be better fit in a rice paddy, or re-charging car batteries for a living.

Personally, the more I think about it, and follow this conversation, the more I like Noob. But blue ninja's are still better than yellow ones ...

Dude everyones powers where messed with superman, raiden, Quan Chi. The powers where shifting and changing and rebalancing dt to the merger that's how Kuai liang sealed superman in Ice. And it was made with Dc influence Because of the merging of the realms.
No It said he returned from the dead with secrets from the netherrealm. Then they changed it, if it was referencing Kuai liang it stayed the same.

I'll give you the imbalance in power thing. However, before the actual fight Raiden and Sub-Zero were fighting each other equally which shows that the imbalance in power thing hadn't effected them. Also notice that the yellow eyes had never hit either one of them like they did in Joker's chapter. Joker was the one most effected by the imbalance in power thing, but throughout his chapter it showed his yellow eyes which symbolized him being affected by the rage which made him able to fight. Sub-Zero nor Raiden were affected by the rage when they fought.

Also, no in the bio that NRS first placed on the official site it said Sub-Zero has returned from the netherrealm with secrets from the grave. I always said it was talking about Kuai Liang taking Bi-Han's place because in MK2 nobody had any idea that it was a different Sub-Zero until they reached Sub-Zero's ending. Basically what it was saying is that everyone, including the audience, thought that Bi Han had returned from the netherrealm with secrets from the grave. That was not the case at all though. It was merely a playback to MK2 when nobody knew there was a different Sub-Zero. Hence, why Sonya thought Sub-Zero was dead, only for Kuai Liang to correct her. Hence, why you thought they were talking about Bi han but it was really Kuai Liang.

I know you won't believe this argument so I'll just prove you wrong right here. For that bio to be talking about Bi-Han he would have already had to have died in MK 1 been turned into Noob Saibot and reverted back to Sub-Zero all by MK3 which is only like the span of maybe a few years. I'm not sure of that, but take it this way Sonya, nor Jax, nor Johnny, none of them had aged. There's not a huge timegap in between each one. However, it would make much more sense if that bio was referring to Kuai Liang because Bi Han had died and went to the netherrealm. That's why everyone thought he had returned from the dead with secrets from the grave, but really it was just Kuai Liang picking up the mantle.

I'm sure we can argue about this all day, but that's all it was talking about. That's why Noob Saibot ended up introduced, and Kuai Liang ended up Sub-Zero again. The videos were revealed showing it too. I remember all of the Bi-Han fans being disappointed because they were wrong when those videos were revealed. The bio stayed the same for a while too until they started to reveal more stuff about the

TBH though, I don't see how Raiden could say so easily that Kuai Liang is stronger than Bi-Han when he never even fought Bi-Han before

No they all where effected by it the rage was brought on by anger not their powers being drained and shifted and changed.
No if he returned from the grave with secrets then they could only be talking about Bi Han because he has been the only sub zero to die and this is a bio not apart of the story. So why if that was referencing Kuai liang would they go and change it after a few months?

TBH though, I don't see how Raiden could say so easily that Kuai Liang is stronger than Bi-Han when he never even fought Bi-Han before

He could have gauged his power by observing him, they fought outside of the games, or NRS just felt like making him say it even though there is no way of him knowing.

No they all where effected by it the rage was brought on by anger not their powers being drained. No if he returned from the grave with secrets then they could only be talking about Bi Han because he has been the only sub zero to die and this is a bio not apart of the story. So why if that was referencing Kuai liang would they go and change it after a few months?

You don't get it. Everyone, everybody including you thought that bi han had come back to life. When Sonya initially saw Kuai Liang she thought that Bi Han had come back to life. You thought Bi Han had come back to life. However, Bi Han had not come back to life. Kuai Liang had. It was describing Kuai Laing because everyone had thought Bi Han had come back with secrets from the grave, but he hadn't Kuai Liang had took his place which made everyone believe that Bi Han had returned. That's exactly what the bio was about.

Also, I don't even know what you're talking about with saying the powers were drained? I never said that. I said that the rage had affected Joker's power and that was illustrated by the yellow eyes throughout the chapter.

When Sub-Zero fought Raiden neither had experienced the rage. They also weren't bitter rivals or any of that. It was just a normal fight. If anything Raiden would have been enhanced because he hated the Lin Kuei and Sub-Zero was more or less trying to calm him down. So, that would have made Sub-Zero be fighting an enhanced god. Raiden wasn't enhanced though and neither was Sub-Zero.

@ Metal Overlord, you got me there I don't believe Raiden had ever fought Bi Han. However, Bi Han defeated Fujin, Shinnok, and others who we all know Raiden is more powerful than. I believe Raiden is like Fujin's mentor or something, and Raiden helped banish Shinnok to the netherrealm in the first place. So, for Kuai Liang to beat Raiden he must be at the level of, or better than his brother. That's just where I get if from.

The rage had nothing to do with their powers. The yellow eyes (rage) would blind them to what they were doing and they'd attack everyone. example when sonya thought Jax was Kano. The rage in story had nothing to do with their powers eventhough the merging of the two worlds is what caused the rage and the powers to shift.

And no they would have no idea what he knew. I'm so glad you think you know what I know.

You're assuming that in this game everybody knows what the other does by saying they thought Bi Han returned from the grave with secrets when really only a select few knew of Kuai liang and Bi Han everyone else only knew them as sub zero, Sonya had no knowledge of 2 sub zeros before hand. Thats why she said sub zero but you are dead not Bi Han but you are dead. Then Kuai liang goes on to explain that that's brother still not mentioning Bi Hans name. so that excuse is moot.

The rage had nothing to do with their powers. The yellow eyes (rage) would blind them to what they were doing and they'd attack everyone. example when sonya thought Jax was Kano. The rage in story had nothing to do with their powers eventhough the merging of the two worlds is what caused the rage and the powers to shift.

And no they would have no idea what he knew. I'm so glad you think you know what I know.

You're assuming that in this game everybody knows what the other does by saying they thought Bi Han returned from the grave with secrets when really only a select few knew of Kuai liang and Bi Han everyone else only knew them as sub zero, Sonya had no knowledge of 2 sub zeros before hand. Thats why she said sub zero but you are dead not Bi Han but you are dead. Then Kuai liang goes on to explain that that's brother still not mentioning Bi Hans name. so that excuse is moot.

The rage does have to do with their powers, that's why it powers the player up when they use the rage.

Also, I can't even tell what you are saying when you are talking about Bi han and Kuai Liang there. You totally confused me. I don't know if your not explaining it well enough or what, but really I couldn't understand what you are saying.

Here is why the bio is how it is though, and why you probably thought it was Kuai Liang. I'm going to break it down step by step because really that's all I know I can do. You obviously aren't understanding what I'm saying or we are getting lost in communication somewhere.

-When that bio was released on the site the only thing that made anybody believe that this was Bi Han was Sub-Zero has returned from the Netherrealm with secrets from the grave. That's the only thing it said to confuse anyone as to which Sub-Zero it was.

-Next, That led people, including you, to believe that this was talking about Bi Han because it said he had returned from the netherrealm.

- It's quite obvious that was not what the bio was talking about though because in the end we got both Kuai Liang as Sub-Zero and Bi Han was Noob Saibot.

Here are the points why exactly that bio was always talking about Kuai Liang and not Bi Han.

1. Boon and Co. already established that Sub-Zero was not meant to be known as a person but as an identity.
2. It was obvious Kuai Liang was already going to be Sub-Zero in the game because as far back as E3 2010 Boon had said that a character who wasn't cyber before could be now. People already knew that was Sub-Zero which means Kuai Liang was always scheduled to be in this game. Bi Han was not going to be the main Sub-Zero. That bio was released after E3 2010.
3. The bio was written how it was to confuse people, however read it this way. Before the game was released everyone had talked about Sub-Zero had somehow reverted from Noob and had turned back into Sub-Zero. That's not even possible though because Bi Han would have had to have been Noob Saibot already in the original timeline in order to revert back to being Sub-Zero. He wasn't already Noob Saibot though, he was Sub-Zero still and then he died and became Noob Saibot.
4. That whole bio was talking about Kuai Liang, and I will break these down into mini steps.
- It said Sub-Zero has returned from the netherrealm, not Bi han. That was meant to confuse the fans because it was Saying SUB-ZERO returned from the grave. Now, doesn't Kuai Liang taking on the name Sub-Zero and taking Bi-Han's spot LOOK LIKE HE HAS RETURNED FROM THE GRAVE. I think it does.
- The whole point I was making with Sonya is that the bio confused the fans, just like the characters were confused in the game. The bio was leading us to believe that Sub-Zero had returned from the grave, when in fact the Sub-Zero name did come back from the grave, but Bi Han did not. Kuai Liang took his name. That's why Sonya said "Sub-Zero but you're, you're dead. Then he responded with I am not the Sub-Zero you speak of he was my brother. {Now, ill break that scene down to you since you apparently can't understand me} Here Sonya thinks Sub-Zero has returned from the dead or from the netherrealm. When fans read that bio we thought Sub-Zero(Bi-Han) had risen from the grave. See the parallel there? However, it turns out that we were wrong. Bi Han did not rise from the netherrealm, it was really his brother Kuai Liang taking his spot.

I really don't know any easier way to break it down. If you don't understand then I really don't know what else to do. Arguing with you is really like arguing with a brick wall. The bio was never meant for Bi Han though. It was saying that Sub-Zero had risen from the netherrealm, but it was really just Kuai Liang taking his spot that made us think Bi Han had risen from the netherrealm. That's it.

No the rage in story has no effect on their powers the merging of the worlds does.

Wow really I completely disprove your statement and you choose to ignore it. fine.

Sonya had no Knowlege Of Bi Han she only Knew of sub zero. That is why she said.

- Sub zero but you're dead.
- instead of saying Bi Han But you are dead.

She had no prior Knowlege of there being 2 sub zeros. Only a few combatants knew Bi Han had a brother so saying she thought it was Bi Han is knowledge only you seem know.

There you go assuming things again just because boon said there would be a new cyborg doesn't mean that Kuai liang was automatically going to be Sub zero.

If sub zero RETURNED from the NERTHERREALM he would have had to of been there and returning from the GRAVE with new knowledge from death. Hmmmm sounds like Bi Han to me.

Maybe I would understand you if your posts weren't so obviously opinionated. I don't need to be told how to look at things just put the facts out there and let me decide for myself..

Last edited:
No the rage in story has no effect on their powers the merging of the worlds does.

Wow really I completely disprove your statement and you choose to ignore it. fine.

Sonya had no Knowlege Of Bi Han she only Knew of sub zero. That is why she said.

- Sub zero but you're dead.
- instead of saying Bi Han But you are dead.

She had no prior Knowlege of there being 2 sub zeros. Only a few combatants knew Bi Han had a brother so saying she thought it was Bi Han is knowledge only you seem know.

There you go assuming things again just because boon said there would be a new cyborg doesn't mean that Kuai liang was automatically going to be Sub zero.

If sub zero RETURNED from the NERTHERREALM he would have had to of been there and returning from the GRAVE with new knowledge from death. Hmmmm sounds like Bi Han to me.

Maybe I would understand you if your posts weren't so obviously opinionated. I don't need to be told how to look at things just put the facts out there and let me decide for myself..

My post is opinionated I'll admit. Your post is just as much opinionated though so don't even start going that way.

Talk about making assumptions too, you made the assumption already that Bi han is going to come out of the soulnado as Sub-Zero again even though that makes so little sense it's ridiculous.

Also, you haven't disproved anything. The rage is an effect of the world's merging which then causes them to RAGE. What do you do when you rage really? I mean it's pretty self explanatory. Everyone I know when they rage is like a d*** bull. They get po'd and want to fight. It also makes them to where they barely feel anything if they fight. That's almost universal knowledge. Rage enhances the characters as well. My god you are so thick headed.

Also, you are right. You are proving my point by saying Sonya had no knowledge of their being Bi Han and Kuai Liang. She said Sub-Zero but you're dead. She thought there was only ONE Sub-Zero and that he was dead. She came to find out that it was Kuai Liang though. You are saying the exact same thing I am but it's like your not understanding. She was fooled, she thought that Sub-Zero had come back from the dead. Duh, my god duh. When she saw Kuai Liang she thought Sub-Zero had come back from the dead. Why don't you understand? I just don't get it. You said lay out facts there's the facts. She thought Sub-Zero died and came back from the dead. He did die, but he didn't come back to life. It was Kuai Liang taking his place. FACTS, RIGHT THERE ARE FACTS.

When some people read that bio they thought the exact same thing because it said SUB-ZERO returns from the netherrealm with knowledge from the grave. Sub-Zero had not returned from the netherrealm though. Never ever ever did he return from the netherrealm. Story mode proves that doesn't it? It was Kuai Liang being described in that bio all along. It was saying that because EVERYONE THOUGHT, i put emphasis on THOUGHT THAT SUB-ZERO HAD COME BACK FROM THE NETHERREALM, BUT IT WASN'T HIM IT WAS HIS BROTHER TAKING ON THE MANTLE. I mean it's just really frustrating explaining this to you. I can't see inside NRS minds but I will nearly guarantee you they were never thinking about returning Bi Han back to Sub-Zero. It was the fans of Bi Han that thought that. Why? I don't know. He's been established as Noob Saibot now, who already has a story which would be crippled if Bi Han was taken away from him.

Like I said, I may be opinionated and that's fine. That's what the thread is about anyway. Who will return. I think Kuai Liang will and I think it's obvious why. They killed him, and he didn't get morphed into another being completely. He's still sub-zero just in cyber form. If he was to get brought back to life it's not out of question to think he would be human again. On the same note though, you are just as opinionated so don't come in here telling people they're opinionated when everyone has the right to that in the first place.

Also I want you to keep this in mind. They had been working on MK's story for a while, which is why Boon made the cyber comment at E3 2010 in the first place. He knew what was going to happen in story mode WAAAAAY in advance. He knew it then. He knew Kuai Liang was going to be Sub-Zero then, and he knew Bi Han was going to be Noob Saibot. I believe he even said he knew who was going to be on the roster already. I mean that was nine months before release so you have to know they were refining the gameplay and adding characters at that point. The story was finished already. At E3 2010 he knew Kuai Liang was Sub-Zero. You can deny it, but that's facts. That bio was describing him becoming Sub-Zero.

I'm done fighting about this though. We are both opinionated in our own directions, I like Kuai Liang an almost guarantee he will be Sub-Zero again. You like Bi Han and believe the same. I think facts prove that wrong though. He's been Noob Saibot since like 2004 now which is like 8 going on 9 years now. Kuai Liang has been Sub-Zero for 19 years now. They are both good in their roles, no need to change them now.

They also gave Kuai Liang two chapters in story mode as Sub-Zero while Bi Han only had a couple lines.

They also killed cyber sub-zero and he didn't turn into something else like Bi Han did. Also we all know how death works in MK, it doesn't last forever.

Also, I will have to read up on it, but the soulnado either throws a person into another dimension (which is why I'm thinking Noob will end up in chaosrealm) or they get ripped apart completely. I don't see any reason why it would rip any kind of symbiote off of Noob considering Bi Han and Noob Saibot are the same person. You can say otherwise, but there has never been anything to say otherwise besides FAN SPECULATION.

Also, if they bring back Bi Han as Sub-Zero that leaves no Noob Saibot and TWO sub-zeros because everyone besides smoke knows Kuai Liang as Sub-Zero. So, why make two of something? They would be complete clones.

Also the final fact which I think just puts a nail in the coffin. They had the perfect PERFECT opportunity to leave Bi Han as sub-zero in MK9. They could have let him and Scorpion's rivalry live on since they have more beef than Scorpion and Kuai Liang anyway. They also could have let Kuai Liang get automated and then let him be known as Tundra from then on. FACTS ARE they didn't do that though. They let Bi Han die and become Noob Saibot, and they let Kuai Liang go on to be Sub-Zero because that's just how they story goes. It's a good story at that as well.

I'd honestly like both of them back as a human form of Sub. IE : Kuai Liang goes by his own name or Tundra and Bi Han is re-incarnated as himself but with a different set of powers. Like Noob's moveset but instead of shadows it's ice. And Kuai still has the basic SubZero moves. Of course I'm just bypassing everyone's perception of the story, but that's what I'd like. Noob is a stupid name anyways.

No show me one time I've said I'm for one or the other I've said many times I'm impartial to both.

I like both characters I think there are way to many possibilities with them to just throw that all out the window because Kuai Liang is your favorite character. I've also said a Noob Saibot, Scorpion rivalry change would be a good Idea. then moving Kuai Liang on to Sektor and becoming the grand master I've pitched good Ideas for both.

I have also said Saibot (the majority of BI Hans evil) could get separated from BI Han through the soulnado. An Bi Han could find CsZ in the Netherrealm and reprogram him then use Kuai liang to get out of the Netherrealm and later find a way to return Kuai liang back into a human so he could be Tundra and BI Han could go back to being Sub Zero.

The point I'm trying to make is don't put it down when I alone have pitched many good Ideas for all three possible characters, many really good some Okay and some really bad. But if I can do this NRS could a lot more give it a chance is all i'm saying.

Last edited:
I'd honestly like both of them back as a human form of Sub. IE : Kuai Liang goes by his own name or Tundra and Bi Han is re-incarnated as himself but with a different set of powers. Like Noob's moveset but instead of shadows it's ice. And Kuai still has the basic SubZero moves. Of course I'm just bypassing everyone's perception of the story, but that's what I'd like. Noob is a stupid name anyways.

Meh, I wouldn't like that. I'm afraid people are going to come knocking wanting Frost back too, and that's just three ice wielding characters when really we only NEED one.

I think what they had going with Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang), Bi Han (Noob Saibot, and Frost was a good thing. Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot both have their own unique original movesets now, and Frost could be added to have a faster ice wielding character in comparison to Sub-Zero's slower defensive style.

It may be just me, but I think Cyber Subz time in the sun is starting to fade. NRS has blatantly made him handicapped in his moveset, at least most people who use him say that anyway. They also phoned in his appearance. His ending didn't have audio. He seemed to recycle some other characters moves and just in general seemed thrown in. What I'm leading to is when a whole plethora of new characters shows up in the next game I believe that everyone will forget that cyber subz even existed. Then they can freely add Human Subz back in one way or the other. I see some people who say cyber subz will be missed, but honestly I think that is a very small minority. Frost could easily pick up cyber subz spot and some of his moveset.

Also, I don't get why the hate on Noob. That's another thing I get defensive about. As much as I LOVE Kuai Liang as Sub-Zero, I love Bi-Han as Noob Saibot just as much. I always remember people being shocked, but happy when it was revealed Noob Saibot was Bi-Han. What happened? Like I've said I think it shows a great contrast of how their lives turned out. They were both brothers and both raised the same way in the Lin Kuei. Then one ultimately succumbs to his own evil and it leads to the birth of an utterly evil character in Noob Saibot. A character who takes lead of the brotherhood of Shadow, his own clan adn uses them for evil. He also strives to take over the netherrealm and become it's ruler. While the other leaves the Lin Kuei after realizing what they are doing to it's members and realizes they stand for evil in general. He then goes on to take that same clan the one who abandoned him fights their leader who stands for artifical life and fights him showing that humanity is much stronger than any artificial enhancements. He then goes on to find his heritage and become one of the leading fighters for the forces of light.

They are just completely different, but to me it makes such a good story because they were raised the same and just took two completely different paths.

I get you don't like the Noob name, and I get why. I still think Noob Saibot is an amazing character in his own right though, and I feel he has risen to the level of third most iconic ninja in the series.