View Poll Results: Which one?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bi Han

    25 65.79%
  • Kuai Liang

    13 34.21%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 180

Thread: Bi han or kuai liang more likely to return in mk10?

  1. #81
    Black Dragon Recruit Subz 711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    24
    Posts
    538
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 93 Times in 69 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Bi han or kuai liang more likely to return in mk10?

    Dang, when did this thread make a comeback?

    Anyway glad to see that Kuai picked up a few more votes anyway.

    Still don't get why people want Bi Han as Sub-Zero. I also still hate people saying that Kuai Liang should go back to being Tundra. Why? Because it's obvious they were paying homage to what Sub-Zero was originally supposed to be made. Also, keep in mind they paid homage by making Kuai Liang originally be Tundra, not the other way around. Just another sign that points to Kuai Liang being the obvious choice for Sub-Zero. You guys get it right. Kuai Liang was Tundra who then ended up being Sub-Zero, just like the name was originally Tundra but ended up being Sub-Zero. It's a pun. Yayyy!lol

    Seriously though just because he was Tundra doesn't mean he should go back to that, everyone knows him as Sub-Zero now. I still don't like people throwing crap to the wind and acting like they should be lazy writers and put Scorpion's old storyline onto Noob Saibot. Then on top of that you mix it with a hint of Venom from spiderman making them seperate even though they are obviously the SAME FRIGGIN PERSON. There is no Noob Saibot and Bi Han, there is Bi Han who became Noob Saibot.

    The name Sub-Zero honestly is something that is deserved at this point. It comes with popularity from the fanbase, it comes with a guaranteed spot in every game, and it comes with being a poster boy. So, when I talk about deserving something I think Kuai Liang deserves that spot. He's carried the name for like 9 games now, and he was the major Sub-Zero of MK9. Bi Han barely played the part of Sub-Zero. Let it go people. Kuai Liang deserves the name Sub-Zero. He has had it forever, can't this subject ever be buried and done with?

    I think it all goes back to this though, for some reason people think the bad guy is sooooo cool. Bi Han is the evil. To internet fans bad=better. Even though that's not the case. (I'm an internet fan too, I just don't share the same mentality.) Kuai Liang's story speaks for itself, and the fact that people half of the time want to throw Kuai Liang's story on Bi Han really speaks for itself. Bi Han should become grandmaster. Bi Han will end up finding the armor. Bi Han should team up with Scorpion, even though that would be completely out of character because those two killed the hell out of each other. Really, it speaks for itself. It's obvious who the better one is. He has the better story, he's had the longevity. He deserves it, Kuai Liang is Sub-Zero. It really shouldn't even be a question.
    Last edited by Subz 711; 05-19-2012 at 10:48 PM.

  2. #82
    New Kombatant -Joh-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    30
    Posts
    68
    Twitter
    @TwitterSux
    Xbox Live
    Joh2481
    PSN
    PSN? *fart*
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bi han or kuai liang more likely to return in mk10?

    Bi Han's the original Sub-Zero. Bi Han died, and came back as the badass grim-reaper ninja. That's why Bi Han's got my vote.
    The name "Kuai Liang", makes me think of the stupid MK3 outfit, and the fact they turned Sub Zero into a goddamn robot.
    None of that really matters tho.
    I'll be content, as long as MK has a normal, Blue, human, ninja that I can use to shoot ice at yellow ninjas. It's tradition.

  3. #83
    Kombatant thescorpionboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Holland
    Age
    19
    Posts
    149
    Twitter
    @@RyuHayabusa1994
    Xbox Live
    NOOB.SAIBOT
    PSN
    mikepanter8
    Steam
    RyuHayabusa1994
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bi han or kuai liang more likely to return in mk10?

    Okay people - let it go.

    Bi-Han was the original Sub-Zero. Yes - that is true.
    But Bi-Han was killed by Scorpion. Bi-Han only was the true Sub-Zero in mk1.
    Bi-Han barely played a role in mk as Sub-Zero. Kuai Liang is Sub-Zero.

    Bi-Han died indeed and came back as Noob Saibot. So Bi-Han is no Sub-Zero anymore. It is Noob Saibot and Kuai Liang is Sub-Zero. Kuai Liang was the Sub-Zero since mk2.

    And like Subz 711 said - this should really not be a question since it is obviously Kuai Liang who is Sub-Zero.
    I don`t have a single idea why people should vote on Bi-Han. Because Bi-Han was in 1 game as the Original Sub-Zero - a game of 20 years ago - while now - 20 years later - Kuai Liang the true Sub-Zero is. You can`t change it.

    The only thing Bi-Han said as Sub-Zero in mk9 was:
    "Will not or cannot?" and "That is not me.".

    Also I won`t vote. It`s most likely they both will return. It`s a question like: Will Scorpion return in mk10 or not?
    Last edited by thescorpionboss; 05-20-2012 at 08:37 AM.
    RYU HAYABUSA

  4. #84
    God of War Fanboy AMES32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rome
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,722
    Twitter
    @_Ames32_
    PSN
    Ames32
    Steam
    ames32
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    1
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 154 Times in 131 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bi han or kuai liang more likely to return in mk10?

    Ummm. no noob and saibot aren't the same person. it's a play on boon and tobias so they made the shadow it's own character and it's something thats kind of obvious why they'll separate noob and saibot. Think about it. The best stories come from real life. lol...

  5. #85
    Kombatant thescorpionboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Holland
    Age
    19
    Posts
    149
    Twitter
    @@RyuHayabusa1994
    Xbox Live
    NOOB.SAIBOT
    PSN
    mikepanter8
    Steam
    RyuHayabusa1994
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bi han or kuai liang more likely to return in mk10?

    :/
    Anyways Bi-Han became Noob.
    RYU HAYABUSA

  6. #86
    God of War Fanboy AMES32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rome
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,722
    Twitter
    @_Ames32_
    PSN
    Ames32
    Steam
    ames32
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    1
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 154 Times in 131 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bi han or kuai liang more likely to return in mk10?

    Quote Originally Posted by thescorpionboss View Post
    :/
    Anyways Bi-Han became Noob.
    I don't like it very much either but you have to admit it's very smart to use the real life split of the MK originals to influence their characters story. Plus it's kind of funny.

  7. #87
    Kombatant linkueininja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    chillicothe,ohio
    Age
    25
    Posts
    229
    Twitter
    @mkninja101
    Xbox Live
    D4RTH M4REK
    PSN
    NINJA
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bi han or kuai liang more likely to return in mk10?

    Thescorpionboss is right Bi-han was dead then became Noob, then his brother took over as the new Sub-Zero, i should know too because i have the original games

  8. #88
    God of War Fanboy AMES32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rome
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,722
    Twitter
    @_Ames32_
    PSN
    Ames32
    Steam
    ames32
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    1
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 154 Times in 131 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bi han or kuai liang more likely to return in mk10?

    I can't speak for everybody but for me Bi Han has the more important story. With Kuai Liang It kind on wondered into weird areas with frost that for some reason had the same powers as him and Bi han but was never shown to be related to them other then being necromancers? He (Kuai liang) has been in the story more but his story overall never really did anything to improve the character yah he gained new powers, a scar and became the Grand Master but the big part of it is he didn't even want to be Sub Zero why do you think he lost the mask? (Story wise) He wanted to be his own person an get out of the shadow of his brother in the original timeline.

    Though in this timeline it's still up in the air and I kind of like the fact that the Sub Zero mantel is something thats to be respected this time. I could go either way on this subject but Bi han established the name and Kuai Liang just doesn't have the cold personality you'd think Sub Zero would have. (Imo)

  9. #89
    Emperor of Outworld Metal Overlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    throwed
    Age
    19
    Posts
    6,030
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    744
    Thanked 445 Times in 360 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bi han or kuai liang more likely to return in mk10?

    Bi Han as Sub-Zero > Kuai Liang as Sub-Zero

    But I love that Bi Han is Noob now, so he should stay the way he is now

    He wanted to be his own person an get out of the shadow of his brother in the original timeline. Though in this timeline it's still up in the air and I kind of like the fact that the Sub Zero mantel is something thats to be respected this time. I could go either way on this subject but Bi han established the name and Kuai Liang just doesn't have the cold personality you'd think Sub Zero would have. (Imo)
    This

  10. #90
    Black Dragon Recruit Subz 711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    24
    Posts
    538
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 93 Times in 69 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Bi han or kuai liang more likely to return in mk10?

    Nope. Kuai Liang > Bi Han forever and always.

    I'm so tired of people saying Sub-Zero should have a cold personality. He rarely talks to the other good guys, He sets off on his own lonely path most of the time, and every time he tries to grow an attachment (Noob Saibot, Smoke, Frost) they always end up eating it in the end. If that's not a cold arse life then I don't know what is.

    Basically the whole cold personality that ames is talking about is he's not cold or in other words (a bad guy) therefore he's not as good as his brother. That's the internet for you. Kuai liang has a cold personality. He is an a-hole sometimes I mean look at how he didn't help Sonya carry Jax to the portal in storymode. He wasn't about to step out of his way for her, but he would tell her where to go. It's things like that where you obviously see a cold lonely personality.

    however, I feel most people are equating cold with bad. When you say Kuai Liang doesn't have a cold personality you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

    Bi Han didn't establish anything in my opinion. He was literally put there for Scorpion to kill in MK1 because Bi Han has no other story besides dying, unless you count MK: mythologies which people still debate how much of that is actually canon. It wasn't until MK2 that they started defining Sub-Zero as a character. He literally became the batman of Mortal Kombat. He's cold and impersonable, but he will always fight for good because he knows that's what is right.

    That's why I still don't get why people like Bi Han so much. He doesn't really even have a story as Sub-Zero. He was Sub-Zero and then he died. That allowed his brother to pick up the mantle, and dang it if Kuai Liang didn't take that ball and run with it.

    Also, Ames I think you just need to read up on the Sub-Zero story in general. He didn't lose the mask to differentiate himsefl from his brother. He lost the mask because he abandoned the Lin Kuei and wanted nothing to do with them anymore. Also, it never ever says anywhere in the old timeline that Kuai Liang didn't want to be Sub-Zero. Ever. In the old timeline this whole bullcrap paying respect to his brother thing didn't exist. Kuai Liang took on the name in the original timeline because it was a family name passed down for many generations. It was something that Kuai Liang took on because his brother bit the dust. That's why he picked up the name.

    That's just another thing I hate about this dumb new story. Kuai Liang hardly even cared about his brother in the old story. I took it as he knew what kind of person Bi Han was and probably knew he deserved to die. That's another discussion though. Kuai Liang took on the name in the old timeline because it was in his family's heritage. I have a hard time believing he wouldn't want to take on something that has ran in his family for many generations.

  11. #91
    BEST IN THE WORLD Jade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hugh Jackman's Pants
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,415
    Twitter
    @CM_Punkette
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    260
    Thanked 483 Times in 326 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Bi han or kuai liang more likely to return in mk10?

    Quote Originally Posted by AMES32 View Post
    Ummm. no noob and saibot aren't the same person. it's a play on boon and tobias so they made the shadow it's own character and it's something thats kind of obvious why they'll separate noob and saibot. Think about it. The best stories come from real life. lol...
    Er....his full name is actually still Noob Saibot. At one point, he was Noob Smoke so that is one of the reasons they may have cut it down to just Noob, though he was always still Noob Saibot in cut scenes. If I remember correctly, John does not own the 'Tobias' part of his name (rights) so it can still be used without a problem.

    Team Chris Redfield
    CM Punk > You

  12. #92
    Emperor of Outworld Metal Overlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    throwed
    Age
    19
    Posts
    6,030
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    744
    Thanked 445 Times in 360 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bi han or kuai liang more likely to return in mk10?

    Kuai Liang's story as Sub-Zero didn't really go anywhere in the original timeline, IMO

    His story was basically always been about being hunted or antagonized by somebody. Think about it, in MK3 he was hunted by the cyborgs, then in MK4 he was hunted by Scorpion, in Deception he was hunted by Hotaru, even in Armageddon he was being antagonized by Noob-Smoke and Frost. In Deadly Alliance even, Frost betrays him. When something genuinely interesting started to develop, such as him finding armor from the extinct race of Cryomancers in Deception, or him becoming Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei, ultimately they took a backseat because someone always wants to be a jackass. Like, it's a curse or something. He didn't do anything significant as a Lin Kuei Grandmaster other than recruit Frost, which as aforementioned, turned out to be a bad decision. He found out that he was a descendant of an extinct race of Outworld cryomancers, did Midway decide to do anything with that? Nope. The only things I really liked about his story was how he teams up with Kenshi in Deception to find a way back to Earthrealm, but even that was just a temporary alliance; I also liked how the Lin Kuei become rivals with the Red Dragon in Armageddon, but I ****ing hate the Red Dragon so ehhhh. I much would have preferred seeing him become enemies with Sektor and the Tekunin. As for the whole Batman aspect of him, while I like that about Kuai Liang, I thought Kenshi's portrayal as a "lone warrior" was better

    Now while Bi-Han may not have had as much of a story obviously due to his death early on in the series, what we do know about him intrigues me personally a lot more than Kuai Liang's story ever did in the original timeline. He's enigmatic and distant just like his older brother, but he also he had more of a cunning side, something that I really liked about him. He was able to use his cunning to steal the scroll back from Quan Chi and Shinnok and he also was powerful enough to defeat gods. Not even just one god, multiple gods. Besides his badass attitude that I like, I also see him as a MUCH better rival to Scorpion than Kuai Liang. So honestly, I just feel like despite Kuai Liang having much more of the spotlight as Sub-Zero, what I know of Bi-Han makes me like the idea of him being Sub-Zero more than Kuai Liang as Sub-Zero. Not just because he's the OG Sub-Zero either. If we knew absolutely jackshit about him, then I would be saying Kuai Liang is better regardless of the fact Bi-Han was the original Sub-Zero
    Last edited by Metal Overlord; 05-20-2012 at 08:05 PM.

  13. #93
    God of War Fanboy AMES32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rome
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,722
    Twitter
    @_Ames32_
    PSN
    Ames32
    Steam
    ames32
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    1
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 154 Times in 131 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bi han or kuai liang more likely to return in mk10?

    Quote Originally Posted by Subz 711
    Basically the whole cold personality that ames is talking about is he's not cold or in other words (a bad guy) therefore he's not as good as his brother.
    No!! Bi Han wasn't a bad guy either. He was loyal to the lin kuai no matter what and showed it when he was standing with sektor and cyrax and they followed him. He didn't try and make friends It was you do as your told or I'm gonna kill you.

    he will always fight for good
    He would have killed smoke for disserting the Lin Kuai and he wouldn't have cared about Sonya or Jax.

    He doesn't really even have a story as Sub-Zero. He was Sub-Zero and then he died.
    No! He helped set up the whole story of Quan chi and Shinnok the amulet, Mk4, scorpion, their rivalry, noob saibot and the story of his brother tundra who would take the name sub zero. He had his hand in a lot of things.
    Remember in mk where Kuai liang wouldn't kill reptile? Yeah if it was Bi Han he wouldn't have cared that it wasn't Scorpion.

  14. #94
    Black Dragon Recruit Subz 711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    24
    Posts
    538
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 93 Times in 69 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Bi han or kuai liang more likely to return in mk10?

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Overlord View Post
    Kuai Liang's story as Sub-Zero didn't really go anywhere in the original timeline, IMO

    His story was basically always been about being hunted or antagonized by somebody. Think about it, in MK3 he was hunted by the cyborgs, then in MK4 he was hunted by Scorpion, in Deception he was hunted by Hotaru, even in Armageddon he was being antagonized by Noob-Smoke and Frost. In Deadly Alliance even, Frost betrays him. When something genuinely interesting started to develop, such as him finding armor from the extinct race of Cryomancers in Deception, or him becoming Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei, ultimately they took a backseat because someone always wants to be a jackass. Like, it's a curse or something. He didn't do anything significant as a Lin Kuei Grandmaster other than recruit Frost, which as aforementioned, turned out to be a bad decision. He found out that he was a descendant of an extinct race of Outworld cryomancers, did Midway decide to do anything with that? Nope. The only things I really liked about his story was how he teams up with Kenshi in Deception to find a way back to Earthrealm, but even that was just a temporary alliance; I also liked how the Lin Kuei become rivals with the Red Dragon in Armageddon, but I ****ing hate the Red Dragon so ehhhh. I much would have preferred seeing him becomes enemies with Sektor and the Tekunin. As for the whole Batman aspect of him, while I like that about Kuai Liang, I thought Kenshi's portrayal as a "lone warrior" was better

    Now while Bi-Han may not have had as much of a story obviously due to his death early on in the series, what we do know about him intrigues me personally a lot more than Kuai Liang's story ever did in the original timeline. He's enigmatic and distant just like his older brother, but he also he had more of a cunning side, something that I really liked about him. He was able to use his cunning to steal the scroll back from Quan Chi and Shinnok and he also was powerful enough to defeat gods. Not even just one god, multiple gods. Besides his badass attitude that I like, I also see him as a MUCH better rival to Scorpion than Kuai Liang. So honestly, I just feel like despite Kuai Liang having much more of the spotlight as Sub-Zero, what I know of Bi-Han makes me like the idea of him being Sub-Zero more than Kuai Liang as Sub-Zero. Not just because he's the OG Sub-Zero either. If we knew absolutely jackshit about him, then I would be saying Kuai Liang is better regardless of the fact Bi-Han was the original Sub-Zero
    Everything I'm hearing hear though is that you don't like Sub-Zero, so you want to change him so drastically that you can't recognize him. Which is why you want Bi Han, even though it doesn't make sense to have him as Sub-Zero. So, really are you even a fan of Sub-Zero?

    Also, you do know that Kuai Liang is the younger brother right? And again with the Scorpion and Sub-Zero rivalry? Seriously, these two haven't been rivals since forever. That's why they made Kuai Liang po'd about his brothers death in this timeline, in order to make these two hate each other again. Really the Scorpion/Sub-Zero rivalry just needs a rest. They don't hate eachother anymore. Considering all of their common enemies (Noob Saibot, Quan Chi) they should actually be partners.

    Also, you lose me when you talk about mythologies. Although I did play that game, it still doesn't make me think that Bi Han is better. It also wasn't a very good game period.

    You miss large aspects of Kuai Liang's story as well, just by overlooking them. His whole story is about redemption. A guy who has came from a clan of assassins who kill for money ends up leaving the clan because he recognizes the error of their ways. Something his brother never did. He then ends up fighting his former comrades and ends up taking back the very clan that abandoned him and turns them into a force for good. He fails with Frost, but through that failure he ends up finding something greater, his heritage. Because the place he goes to bury her ends up being where his ancestors came from and he finds their armor which speaks to him when he fights.

    He then goes on to take out a whole frigging tarkatan army for the side of good. He gets ambushed by Hotaru and ends up meeting a new ally in Kenshi. He then learns the true identity of his brother, and goes into hell to try to help him. When he does his former best friend and his brother attempt to kill him before Sareena comes along and helps him. He gets scared off by Sareena, but then meets her later to help train her for the Lin Kuei if she can overcome her demon form.

    In the end he ends up fighting for the side of good in Armageddon, and his ending implied he would have became a god if he would have defeated blaze. Now that is an awesome story.

    It has elements of redemption, tragedy, and Sub-Zero becomes a symbol of hope and just overall good. Because when he looks at all of the people around him who he has known including Smoke, Noob Saibot, and Frost he has seen them all fall and become evil. He however, never does. He's a shining ray of hope for good in the earth because when everything around him goes to hell he always comes through.

    I'm sorry Kuai Liang absolutely cannot be replaced by Bi Han. Bi Han needs to form his own path as Noob Saibot now because the mantel of Sub-Zero goes to Kuai Liang.

  15. #95
    God of War Fanboy AMES32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rome
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,722
    Twitter
    @_Ames32_
    PSN
    Ames32
    Steam
    ames32
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    1
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 154 Times in 131 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bi han or kuai liang more likely to return in mk10?

    Okay if Kuai liang is so strong and so powerful why did he need to be saved by sreena?

  16. #96
    Black Dragon Recruit Subz 711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    24
    Posts
    538
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 93 Times in 69 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Bi han or kuai liang more likely to return in mk10?

    Quote Originally Posted by AMES32 View Post
    No!! Bi Han wasn't a bad guy either. He was loyal to the lin kuai no matter what and showed it when he was standing with sektor and cyrax and they followed him. He didn't try and make friends It was you do as your told or I'm gonna kill you.


    He would have killed smoke for disserting the Lin Kuai and he wouldn't have cared about Sonya or Jax.



    No! He helped set up the whole story of Quan chi and Shinnok the amulet, Mk4, scorpion, their rivalry, noob saibot and the story of his brother tundra who would take the name sub zero. He had his hand in a lot of things.
    Remember in mk where Kuai liang wouldn't kill reptile? Yeah if it was Bi Han he wouldn't have cared that it wasn't Scorpion.
    1st point. Bi Han was a bad guy, and since we want to keep bringing up mythologies then I'll bring it up. Raiden straight up told Bi Han that he saw evil in Bi Han and if Bi Han didn't change his ways then things wouldn't end well for him. That leads to a good story as well because guess what? Bi Han completely ignored that warning because he's so bada**(lol) that he ignored Raiden's warning. What ended up happening? Quan Chi took that evil in Bi-Han's soul and made him Noob Saibot. Hince why I say they can't be seperated. Bi Han ignored a warning that he should have taken and he ended up Noob Saibot. It's a good story.

    2. He never would have killed Smoke for abandoning the Lin Kuei because first Smoke was like a brother to him, possibly even more than Bi Han and second, he was leaving the Lin Kuei himself. So, no he would not have killed Smoke for leaving the Lin Kuei.

    3. I don't care what bi han set up. Do you not understand that it was a pre-story anyway? pre meaning before. Bi Han as Sub-Zero isn't even involved with anyone in the storyline. Everyone knows him as Noob Saibot. Which he should stay because of point 1 that I made. Also Kuai Liang sparing Reptile is EXACTLY why I like him more than Bi Han. His brother was an evil ruthless bastard. (Why you think he's cooler). Kuai Liang was the exact opposite of Bi Han. Notice the contrast at all? Bi Han was warned to change his ways and he didn't which ended up with him in the netherrealm as Noob Saibot. Kuai Liang changed of his own will because he realized that what he was doing was bad. He knew that everything the Lin Kuei stood for was wrong, and thus in the end he changed his ways something his brother didn't do.

  17. #97
    Black Dragon Recruit Subz 711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    24
    Posts
    538
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 93 Times in 69 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Bi han or kuai liang more likely to return in mk10?

    Quote Originally Posted by AMES32 View Post
    Okay if Kuai liang is so strong and so powerful why did he need to be saved by sreena?
    Because he got ambushed and attacked by TWO guys. TWO. One of which you already know is extremely powerful, Noob Saibot, and his former best friend Smoke. He got attacked by both off them. Sareena most likely turned into her demon form to scare them off so she could help Sub-Zero. Keep in mind not one but TWO guys. One who you have already mentioned defeated gods, and the other is a cyborg. I'm pretty sure they could overwhelm Sub-Zero together. Also, notice that Bi Han is a coward because he used Smoke to help him capture Kuai Liang in the first place. He wouldn't even face Kuai Liang one on one. Also Bi Han did that not once but twice. He ambushed Sub-Zero two to one again in Armageddon. He would never face Kuai Liang one on one. Also in the netherrealm, Sub-Zero is ya know used to cold temperatures. Has anyone thought about that. The netherrealm is our version of hell. Something that Noob Saibot is completely used to and smoke is immune to because he's a cyborg. Sub-Zero stood no chance against two demons in the netherrealm and you know it.

    Also if we want to bring up little facts from games like Mythologies, we can bring up this little fact too. In MKvsDC Raiden straight up says that Kuai Liang is more powerful than his brother. Also notice that Quan Chi had to turn Scorpion on Kuai Liang in MK4 because he feared him just like he did Bi Han. In all rights and respects, Bi Han is no more powerful than Kuai Liang.

  18. #98
    God of War Fanboy AMES32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rome
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,722
    Twitter
    @_Ames32_
    PSN
    Ames32
    Steam
    ames32
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    1
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 154 Times in 131 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bi han or kuai liang more likely to return in mk10?

    No dude he was not he was Neutral (as elder Sub-Zero). pre story wtf story is story. Reincarnated in the darkest of all realms, the Netherrealm, Noob Saibot is the very incarnation of evil. Before becoming a wraith, he was once Sub-Zero, an assassin among the most powerful of Lin Kuei. As Sub-Zero's name, clothes, and powers would suggest, his character was icy and distant. In all aspects, he was a cold-blooded and violent assassin absolutely dedicated to his clan, the Lin Kuei. While essentially neutral, his soul had become dark and corrupted from years of violence and remorseless killing.

    link.
    http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Noob_Saibot

    Quote Originally Posted by Subz 711
    Because he got ambushed and attacked by TWO guys. TWO
    But he took out an entire army? and No MK vs Dc isn't canon at all.
    Last edited by AMES32; 05-20-2012 at 08:31 PM.

  19. #99
    Black Dragon Recruit Subz 711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    24
    Posts
    538
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 93 Times in 69 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Bi han or kuai liang more likely to return in mk10?

    Quote Originally Posted by AMES32 View Post
    No dude he was not he was Neutral (as elder Sub-Zero). pre story wtf story is story. Reincarnated in the darkest of all realms, the Netherrealm, Noob Saibot is the very incarnation of evil. Before becoming a wraith, he was once Sub-Zero, an assassin among the most powerful of Lin Kuei. As Sub-Zero's name, clothes, and powers would suggest, his character was icy and distant. In all aspects, he was a cold-blooded and violent assassin absolutely dedicated to his clan, the Lin Kuei. While essentially neutral, his soul had become dark and corrupted from years of violence and remorseless killing.

    link.
    http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Noob_Saibot



    But he took out an entire army? and No MK vs Dc isn't canon at all.
    1. No, he was evil as hell, and I just told you that Raiden told him that in MK:mythologies. He was an evil killer. He murdered for money. Bi Han is evil. He was never neutral, he was merely trying to accomplish a task that he was hired for when he went against Quan Chi and Shinnok.

    2. Yes, he took out an entire army of tarkatan warriors because of his new armor. Let's keep in mind that tarkatans must not be that powerful, but still Kuai Liang taking out an entire army of them would be tough. Second off, you've read why Kuai Liang was weak. First his powers come from moisture in the air. He literally uses moisture in the air to have the ability to freeze. I'm thinking hell doesn't have moisture, which means Sub-Zero was powerless. Making Bi Han even more of a biznitch because he attacked a powerless man in the netherrealm where he thrives, and on top of that he did it two on one. So, tell me does that seem fair?

    I will never understand this love for Bi Han. People are going to think what they want regardless, I'm simply defending my favorite character here. When people say that Bi Han is better than Kuai Liang I ain't gonna take it because he's not.

    Also, in reference to MKvsDC. A comment like that isn't neccessarily non-canon. Why would Raiden say that in any Universe if it wasn't true? You think that just because he is in the canon universe he will say that Bi Han is stronger? He said that for a reason, and that reason is because Kuai Liang is stronger. He's also more level headed and thinks stuff out. His brother acts before he thinks obviously because he just kills to kill.

  20. #100
    Emperor of Outworld Metal Overlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    throwed
    Age
    19
    Posts
    6,030
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    744
    Thanked 445 Times in 360 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bi han or kuai liang more likely to return in mk10?

    Quote Originally Posted by Subz 711 View Post
    Everything I'm hearing hear though is that you don't like Sub-Zero, so you want to change him so drastically that you can't recognize him. Which is why you want Bi Han, even though it doesn't make sense to have him as Sub-Zero. So, really are you even a fan of Sub-Zero?
    Let me clarify some things first:

    1. I'm definitely a fan of Sub-Zero

    2. I don't actually want Bi-Han back as Sub-Zero, he should stay as Noob (unless they decide to split up Bi-Han and Noob). I just preferred him as Sub-Zero to Kuai Liang

    3. I actually really enjoyed Kuai Liang as Sub-Zero in MK9's story mode. One of the highlights, I'd say. Most of my problem with Kuai's story comes from the original timeline, for reasons I've already explained

    Also, you do know that Kuai Liang is the younger brother right? And again with the Scorpion and Sub-Zero rivalry? Seriously, these two haven't been rivals since forever. That's why they made Kuai Liang po'd about his brothers death in this timeline, in order to make these two hate each other again. Really the Scorpion/Sub-Zero rivalry just needs a rest. They don't hate eachother anymore. Considering all of their common enemies (Noob Saibot, Quan Chi) they should actually be partners.
    Again, I don't actually want the Sub-Zero/Scorpion rivalry back. I along with Araknyd Commander are even one of the main advocates for a team up between Scorpion and Sub-Zero. I just enjoyed the rivalry aspect when it and Bi-Han were around

    Just because I like something doesn't always mean I want it back. I like Shao Kahn as the main villain, does that mean I want him back as a villain in MK10? No

    Also, you lose me when you talk about mythologies. Although I did play that game, it still doesn't make me think that Bi Han is better. It also wasn't a very good game period.
    Gonna agree to disagree here then

    You miss large aspects of Kuai Liang's story as well, just by overlooking them. His whole story is about redemption. A guy who has came from a clan of assassins who kill for money ends up leaving the clan because he recognizes the error of their ways. Something his brother never did. He then ends up fighting his former comrades and ends up taking back the very clan that abandoned him and turns them into a force for good. He fails with Frost, but through that failure he ends up finding something greater, his heritage. Because the place he goes to bury her ends up being where his ancestors came from and he finds their armor which speaks to him when he fights.
    I'm very much aware of the fact that redemption was a large theme within his story in the original timeline, and that's another problem I've ALWAYS had with Kuai Liang, I felt like his transformation into good was way too quick in the old timeline. We didn't really even get to know much about him before he started to turn good. It's like one minute he's working for the Lin Kuei, and the next minute he's a force for good fighting for Earthrealm. At least in MK9, you got a hint of what he was like before his transformation into good. You never really got that in the original timeline

    Although you do have a point there with Frost

    He then goes on to take out a whole frigging tarkatan army for the side of good. He gets ambushed by Hotaru and ends up meeting a new ally in Kenshi. He then learns the true identity of his brother, and goes into hell to try to help him. When he does his former best friend and his brother attempt to kill him before Sareena comes along and helps him. He gets scared off by Sareena, but then meets her later to help train her for the Lin Kuei if she can overcome her demon form.
    Lol, I know his story

    In the end he ends up fighting for the side of good in Armageddon, and his ending implied he would have became a god if he would have defeated blaze. Now that is an awesome story.
    To be fair, most Armageddon endings had something to do with acquiring great power by defeating Blaze. And in that same ending, he also ends up being a target of the Elder Gods for being a false god. Like I've been saying, the poor guy never seems to catch a break

    It has elements of redemption, tragedy, and Sub-Zero becomes a symbol of hope and just overall good. Because when he looks at all of the people around him who he has known including Smoke, Noob Saibot, and Frost he has seen them all fall and become evil. He however, never does. He's a shining ray of hope for good in the earth because when everything around him goes to hell he always comes through.
    That's one way to look at it

    I simply see him as more as a man who's earnestly trying to find his path in life considering the life he once knew as an assassin has been cut short

    I'm sorry Kuai Liang absolutely cannot be replaced by Bi Han. Bi Han needs to form his own path as Noob Saibot now because the mantel of Sub-Zero goes to Kuai Liang.
    I partially agree here, although like I said, I wouldn't mind seeing Bi-Han coming back even though I wouldn't lose sleep if he didn't. I'm more interested in how they are going to portray Cyber Sub Zero in MK10

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. MK9 Characters You Wish Will and Will Not Return In MK10?
    By REPTILE 0009 in forum Mortal Kombat X Forum
    Replies: 226
    Last Post: 08-08-2014, 01:08 AM
  2. I'm Starting To Think That You Play As BI-Han & Kuai Liang?
    By Joshuaalt in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-26-2014, 02:54 AM
  3. Human Sub-Zero in MK10. How would you handle his return?
    By Obreck in forum Mortal Kombat General Discussion
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 08:28 AM
  4. Were they trying to get Bi Han out of the way?
    By cyber sub saibot in forum Spoilers, Leaks, and Rumors
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 03:17 PM
  5. What they are pretty much doing to Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang) (spoilers in a way)
    By Justinkeithd in forum Spoilers, Leaks, and Rumors
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 11:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •