Goro never announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

danduffy

Just a quick question that has always bugged me, why was Goro never anounced when he won ??

I've tried searching this up, but have had no responses.

He was also never announced in trilogy on the psx and pc

Just a quick question that has always bugged me, why was Goro never anounced when he won ??

I've tried searching this up, but have had no responses.

He was also never announced in trilogy on the psx and pc

I noticed it done this on MKAK. Maybe shang tsung can't say goro.

I can't speak for MKT, but it's that way in MKAK because that is faithful to the original. Now, why his name was never said in arcade MK1 I have no idea

As far as MK1, no idea but I guess maybe they didn't want to have a voice getting muddled with the roar you often get when Goro wins? Shrug.

As far as MK Trilogy, they probably never recorded Steve Ritchie saying his name since he wasn't in MK2 or 3 and it wouldn't have been cost effective to bring him back just to record one name.

yeah but they never announced shao khans name in mk2 or 3, or even ultimate, but it was announced in trilogy, maybe they did record them for mk3 or umk3 but never used them, but decided to dig them up for use in trilogy.

Goro Name is mentionned in Mortal Kombat 4 thought.

Shao Khan named himself in Mortal Kombat Trilogy when he is choosed, but when you win as him he will never announce his name or say ''I win''

Im sure i read somewhere that in the original arcade version, there wasnt enough RAM space to fit the "goro wins" audio. So they left it mute.

Goro Name is mentionned in Mortal Kombat 4 thought.

Shao Khan named himself in Mortal Kombat Trilogy when he is choosed, but when you win as him he will never announce his name or say ''I win''

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that name soundbyte taken directly from his "Feel the power of Shao Kahn" MKII taunt?

Which version is that in? I have the SNES version and it doesn't say it anywhere
Arcade. The home ports at the time had certain content deleted due to memory limitations on the cartridges (it's been a while since I last played the SNES port of MKII. I think he had 7 taunts in the arcade, but only 3 made it on the SNES).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Goro's name is not announced. Neither is Shang Tsung's name announced. He just laughs.

Sometimes Kano's name is not announced because of his yell/roar.

Shao Kahn's is from his taunts in

Status
Not open for further replies.